Push-ups - this is the main type of strength training using its own body weight, which are included in most home training complexes. With their help, you can quickly strengthen the triceps, deltoid and pectoral muscles. We examine in detail what muscle groups work when pushing one way or another.
Beautiful body is real!
If there is a need to do the muscles of the chest belt and arms, to increase their endurance, and there is not enough time to visit the gym, then the best strength exercises to achieve this goal at home than pushups, you can not imagine.
First, it does not need any extras and a lot of space. Secondly, you will need a maximum of half an hour to complete the simplest but effective set of pushups. So, make sure that there is a bottle of water next to you, because you will want to drink, gather your courage and start.
Push-ups are done mainly on the supporting surface, which will suit the floor in your apartment. To perform the exercise, take a lying position, arms straight and shoulder-width apart, legs slightly apart:
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest close to the floor without touching it. Exercise perform without jerks.
- Return to the starting position, straightening the arms completely. Always keep your body level, without bending or arching your back upwards. The back and buttocks should form a straight line.
- Breathe deeply: lower - exhale, rise - inhale. When pushing the stomach, it is necessary to retract - this will strengthen the deep abdominal muscles.
Consider which muscle groups work when we push out:
- Triceps work when extending elbows, when you lift the body from the floor.
- The deltoid muscles, the front and rear, always work when you move your arms. In the case of push-ups, the delta gets a significant load and development.
- Biceps conventional push-ups do not bring much development and increase in muscle mass, but train endurance muscles.
- The dentate muscles of the lateral surface of the chest are actively working with the flexion and extension of the arms.
- Some develop large gluteal muscles, gaining elasticity.
- As already mentioned, the muscles of the press during push-ups are in constant tension, that is, they are loaded in a static mode, which leads to their strengthening and increase endurance.
These muscle groups work with any kind of push-ups. The difference is only in the degree of load.
Squeeze your fists
What muscles swing when pushing up from the floor? Let's see. Let's start with the most noticeable muscles in the arms - biceps brachial or biceps. These muscles work when pushing up on their fists. And in order to load them even more, you need only the correct positioning of the arms in the support lying down.
To do this, use your fists to rest on the floor surface so that their outer side is pointing forward, and clenched toes - towards the legs, and the arms should be slightly wider than shoulders on the same level as your feet. By doing this every day with ten push-ups in three sets, you will significantly improve your biceps over time.
What happens if you change the width of the arms on the supporting surface?
As you already understood from the previous type of push-ups, a slight change in the position of the arms or legs can make those muscle groups that you would like to pay attention to at the moment. Let's, for example, consider which muscles work when push-ups with a narrow grip.
To begin with, what is a narrow grip or emphasis. This is the name of the lying position when the palms, resting on the floor surface, are very close to each other. In this case, feet should also be as close as possible to each other.
Squeezing out in this position, you maximally load the triceps of the shoulder or the triceps. By the way, these muscles work when pushing up on the uneven bars. Of course, push-ups with a narrow stop are not as effective as bars or barbell presses, but everything can be compensated for by the number of repetitions. In addition to triceps, with a narrow emphasis deltoid chest and back muscles are included in the work. It should be noted that the smaller the distance between the palms, the higher the load. Ideally, the palms should be positioned so that the thumbs and index fingers are touching.
If you place your hands slightly wider than the shoulders, the picture changes. When push-ups wide muscles work the clavicular part of the chest belt. At the same time, the load on the triceps of the shoulder is significantly reduced.
Five benefits of pushups from a horizontal surface
On the benefits of sports written megatons of articles. Pushups are a type of physical exercise that allows you to maintain in proper form the condition of various muscle groups in our body. This is especially true in the transition to the fourth decade. It is proved that starting from this age, the muscle mass is annually reduced to 2% and is replaced by fat deposits. Then draw your own conclusions.
So, if you regularly push-ups, then you get the following bonuses:
- Together with the muscles strengthens the whole body.
- You do not have to spend money on special equipment, a uniform or a subscription to a fitness center.
- Strength and endurance of the muscles of the pectoral girdle and arms are increased.
- Muscle mass increases, ligaments, joints and bones strengthen.
- Improves metabolism and overall condition. As they say, pep, grace and plastic.
It is already good that you are reading this article, which means on the right path. Things are easy: get up from behind a computer, take an emphasis lying down and plunge headlong into the world of a healthy lifestyle. Good luck!