For a person who first encounters health procedures presented at resorts or SPA-salons, the names often mentioned in the general list do not say anything and rather only confuse. For example, how can a bath be dry? Someone, perhaps, will draw an analogy with a tan, which is called sunbathing, but still the question arises, what is it - dry carbon dioxide baths?
General characteristics of the procedure
Carbonated water has long deserved an honorable place among therapeutic procedures, allowing to have a tonic effect on the entire body, but they were recommended first of all for relaxation, and then for those suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system. In addition, they showed themselves well in relation to the nervous system, and in relation to lipid metabolism. At about the same time, the use of carbon dioxide jets that came out of the ground began to occur in medicine: for example, in Kislovodsk they were received over a closed source, from where they were distilled into a special room, where they carried out procedures - carbonic baths, showers and inhalations.
- Initially, such swimming was the location of the body in a rectangular box, from which only the head was released. The bath was hermetically sealed, but had side openings for the withdrawal of gas if necessary. It is because of this construction that another name for the procedure was “gas wraps”.
But the real popularity (and development) of dry carbon dioxide baths happened after the 60s. 20th century, first in Germany, and after both in Russia and most of the developments of that time remains relevant even today.
- Is there a difference between traditional carbon baths and dry baths? From the point of view of indications for its use, there is practically no one, however, the number of contraindications for the latter is somewhat less, which is explained by the reduced degree of stress on the heart (there are no high temperatures and hydrostatic pressure). For this reason, dry carbon dioxide baths can be prescribed even to a person who has suffered a myocardial infarction.
- The principle of the procedure over the past decade has not changed: the patient is led into a large rectangular chamber that has a neck opening that is closed by a cuff. The head is on the surface, as a result of which normal air from the room enters the lungs, and the rest of the body receives a portion of carbon dioxide in a certain concentration, which is set according to a diagnosis or other medical recommendations.
- The general temperature of the air in the chamber is not higher than 30 degrees and not lower than 28 degrees, gas jets arrive at speeds of 5-20 l / min. The duration of bathing is not more than 20 minutes, but at the initial stages it can be only 5-7 minutes. The schedule may include daily procedures, and with an interval of 1-2 days.
As for the price, the procedure of a dry carbon dioxide bath in a Russian sanatorium will cost 200-300 rubles, while in SPA salons the cost is much higher and reaches 1000-1200 rubles. in 25 minutes At the same time, the number of procedures must be at least 10 in order to really see the internal changes in the body.
Dry carbonic baths: indications and contraindications
Speaking about the indications for visiting a dry carbon dioxide bath, it is easier to list the organs and systems that it will not affect, because the spectrum of its positive sides is too wide. To date, the application of this procedure has been found even in cosmetology - with the help of carbon dioxide, they restore the skin tone and fight cellulite, achieving the effect of lymphatic drainage. And yet, the main focus of the procedure is somewhat different.
- Persons with coronary heart disease, arrhythmia, tachycardia, hypertension, as well as myocardial infarction and disorders of the respiratory system - the main category, which shows the treatment of dry carbon dioxide baths.
- The healing effect on the nervous system is important, which is manifested in the elimination of insomnia and neurosis, as well as the walls of blood vessels and the blood circulation process, the state of the blood (density, chemical composition).
- Doctors recommend visiting carbonic baths in the presence of varicose disease, diabetes mellitus and obesity, vascular lesions of the lower extremities.
- In dermatology and cosmetology, such bathing helps to get rid of psoriasis, skin lesions, improve skin tone and improve cellular respiration and renewal.
- It is possible to use carbon dioxide for the treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic bronchitis.
The overall positive impact of the procedure leads to the regulation of metabolic processes in the body, the improvement of its protective functions, and an increase in concentration. But, despite the fact that such carbon dioxide baths are safer than traditional ones, a number of precautions must also be observed with them. In particular, pay attention to contraindications.
- Patients in the acute stage of myocardial infarction (as well as in other diseases in the acute stage) are not allowed to take carbon dioxide - the therapy can only be started after the transition to the chronic phase.
- It is not allowed to conduct the procedure in patients with heart failure of 2 degrees or more, as well as with hypertension of 3 degrees, aortic aneurysms.
- It is undesirable to attend carbonic baths during pregnancy, in case of renal and hepatic insufficiency, the presence of oncological diseases.
- In case of bronchopulmonary diseases (especially infectious) it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
But even if you did not find yourself among those who are contraindicated, visit a medical specialist before visiting the sanatorium or SPA-salon with the service of dry carbon dioxide baths.
Reviews of consumers and medical professionals
If we turn directly to the opinion of ordinary consumers, there are not so many reviews about dry carbon dioxide baths, which is caused by a lack of information in open sources. Unlike other resort services, this is not constantly on the hearing. Nevertheless, all the comments that have been found are positive.
- Tatyana: Carbonic baths came across to me on the list of procedures by chance when I was resting in the Crimea. The curiosity before the unknown turned out to be so great that even the awesome kind of design did not scare away, and I fearlessly climbed into it. Sensations ... a light breeze somewhere in the body, even a little cool, while the head is warm. I didn’t feel anything, especially as “bathing” was only 15 minutes. lasted, but 7 procedures departed in a day. Interesting things started when, after these baths, I put on jeans and did not understand the reason for which they were dumped. It turns out that I lost 3 cm in the hips. Scales, marked the departure of 4.5 kg. Of course, here is the merit of food in the sanatorium, but usually I did not return from there with such changes in the figure.
- Lydia: I am not passing the course in the Reabox baths for the first time, I have been visiting a sanatorium or a SPA center for half a year already for half a year. Basically I do it to strengthen the immune system and keep the skin in good condition, good, the price in sanatoriums allows, but in the salons it bites a little. Thanks to frequent baths, I stopped getting cold in the winter, and even my granddaughter (3 years) got stronger.
Experts also appreciate this method of general strengthening and healing the body, noting that such a procedure is available even for the smallest, but only after consulting a doctor. All contraindications relate only to the acute forms of a number of diseases, so that dry carbon dioxide baths can be safely called a safe and pleasant way to improve health and appearance.