In each pharmacy there is a group of such products that do not attract bright packages, and indeed they can hardly be considered from a distance of several steps, but their properties cost a lot more money than indicated on the price tag. This group also includes an antiseptic of Russian production, focused on external use - "Fukortsin". What does it help from? How to use it, and what drugs can it replace?
"Fukortsin": a description of the drug and features of use
The composition of the product is classical for most antiseptics and has no extra components: here only boric acid (0.8%), acetone (4.9%), ethyl alcohol and resorcinol (7.8%), and the auxiliary substance is phenol causing the sharp odor emanating from the liquid, the dye is fuchsin. The main focus of the drug - disinfection, but a set of strong ingredients also allows you to eliminate some of the fungi from the skin.
- Release form - dark glass bottles, volume 10 and 25 ml. Shelf life - 2 years away from direct sunlight.
- The simplicity of the composition does not guarantee safety, therefore, despite the complete absence of contraindications for the drug, it is important to remember that there may be a slight burning sensation, pain, and redness on the skin. Symptoms go away on their own unless they are caused by an allergic reaction that requires discontinuation of Fukorcin. In order to avoid such manifestations, it is recommended to conduct a control test on the elbow bend.
- Experts advise caution in using the drug: it is necessary to apply it only locally, in small quantities, since phenol, which is an auxiliary component, rapidly penetrates the bloodstream and contributes to the appearance of toxic reactions of the body. In addition, the use of the drug on the mucous membranes, which often provokes a chemical burn, is strongly discouraged.
The most controversial is the time of age limit, which is not prescribed in the instructions for use "Fukortsina", however, some doctors, looking at phenol, recommend not to use the drug in children under 12 years of age without special need. True, in contrast to them, a number of young parents apply Fukortsin to the treatment of diaper rash, prevention of pyoderma, etc., in newborns, and, as can be seen from reviews, this does not affect the health of the baby.
Indications for use "Fukortsina"
The spectrum of action of this drug, like most antiseptics, is large:
- Abrasions, bruises, superficial wounds, cracks;
- Erosion and pyoderma;
- Fungal lesions of the skin.
Despite the fact that the official instructions list of areas of application "Fukortsina" ends, the comments of doctors and consumers make it clear that this is not all the possibilities of the drug. It is also used for:
- Skin rashes of any origin (hormonal acne, chicken pox, etc.);
- Skin inflammations (itching, redness, peeling).
Technology of use depends on the specific problem: the frequency of use, the duration of the course, the presence of additional drugs varies. The classic version proposed by the manufacturer is as follows:
- Apply the solution on a cotton pad or a tip of a cotton swab, and then gently press the wet area against the affected area to leave some of the liquid on it. After using "Fucorcin" skin should be slightly moist. When the treated area dries, a solution can be applied again. During the day it is undesirable to use the drug more often 5 times. If necessary, the subsequent application of a therapeutic gel, cream or ointment is allowed.
As can be seen from the reviews of young parents, "Fukortsin" is good for the skin of newborns, and even for rashes on the skin (including the face). How to use it in such situations?
- As a preventive measure against diaper rash, Fukortsin is diluted with distilled water at a ratio of 1: 2 (you can go up to 1: 4), and the resulting liquid requires careful treatment of inflammation and clean skin. In a small child, it is undesirable to use the drug more than 3 times a day.
- In case of diathesis and dermatitis, the spots are smeared with an undiluted solution, up to 2 times per day. It is allowed to apply until complete recovery.
The important point is that the solution of "Fukorcina" should always be in the shade, therefore it should be diluted strictly for one-time use.
The role of "Fucorzina" in chickenpox
Among the "popular" indications for the use of "Fukortsina" there is even chicken pox. Such use of it is caused by a drying effect, which really allows reducing inflammation and relieving active itching, but not all experts support the treatment of wind acne with alcohol-containing liquids. There are really no traces left after the illness when using the drug, but it does not shorten the duration of the illness.
What is better - "Fukortsin" or brilliant green? Each of these preparations is not devoid of the main drawback - the presence of a dye in its composition, as a result of which contact of the treated skin with any surfaces, especially tissues, should be avoided. At the same time, the meaning of each of them is incredibly small: "Fukortsin" will not reduce the number of rashes in the chickenpox and can only allow to track the appearance of new, not yet processed. And to eliminate the problem, you still need to buy an ointment or gel.
- Anna: “I bought Fukortsin” for a little son - it was necessary to process diathesis spots with something. Then the child picked up chicken pox, and, in the absence of brilliant green, I grabbed the same bottle. "does not detract. But the baby did not comb pimples every minute:" Fukortsin "reduced the degree of discomfort".
Summarizing the above, it can be argued that "Fukortsin" - a worthy antiseptic at a low price (35-40 rubles per bottle), which can be used for the disinfection of the skin and the treatment of dermatitis and fungal diseases. At the same time, it is necessary to observe an extreme degree of caution with the drug, especially in pediatric therapy, due to the presence of phenol in the composition.