Antihistamines may be necessary even for the most healthy person, who does not suffer from chronic allergies and does not react to seasonal stimuli. Most often, the trouble takes by surprise, and if there is no opportunity to consult a specialist, you have to find out for yourself what is best for allergies and without unpleasant consequences. In pharmacies, Suprastin, Tavegil and Klaritin are in the greatest demand. Who to trust?
"Suprastin": instructions for use for children and adults
"Suprastin" is the most well-known antihistamine drug from the number of those that are allowed to use already in childhood, and are also available in almost any pharmacy. The active active ingredient is chropyramine hydrochloride, which has a classic anti-allergic effect: relieves spasm, inhibits the vomiting reflex, relieves itching and irritation. The drug is available in the form of solution for injection and tablets in a gelatinous shell.
- The primary effect of taking Suprastin is reached after 15 minutes, but the maximum concentration falls on the 2nd hour and lasts for 6 hours. Thus, the drug can be considered a means of an instant, but not the longest, effect.
- Among the indications for use of Suprastin there are not only seasonal, food and drug allergies (including reactions to antibiotics), but also itching of any origin, dermatitis, eczema, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, angioedema, insect bites.
- The drug is prohibited for pregnant women (1 and 3 trimesters) and nursing mothers, newborns. It is also undesirable to use it during attacks of bronchial asthma and exacerbations of diseases of the lower respiratory tract, problems of the cardiovascular system.
Considering the fact that Suprastin has a suppressive effect on the nervous system, it is not recommended to use it together with sedatives, alcohol, antidepressants and atropines, tranquilizers, inhibitors. In addition to enhancing the effect of these drugs, the likelihood of adverse reactions from the nervous system, cardiovascular, digestive, and muscle weakness increases.
- For children under 6 years of age, the dosage of “Suprastin” is calculated individually, the total is as follows: under the age of one year it is undesirable to give more than 1/4 tablets 2 times a day, up to 6 years - 1/2 tablets, 2 times a day. The drug must be crushed and mixed with liquid or baby food.
- Children from 6 to 14 years old can be given 1/2 tablet in the morning, afternoon and evening, adults on the same schedule 1 tablet. "Suprastin" taken with food.
For a healthy body, an emergency dose of the drug per day can be 2 mg per kg of body weight, but this increase is recommended to be carried out under medical supervision.
- If Suprastin solution is used for injections, children up to one year old should be given 1/4 ampoule, under 6 years old - 1/2 ampoule, after 6 years old - a full vial.
What helps with allergies best?
In addition to the above "Suprastin", there are a number of proven antihistamines, as differing in composition, and almost similar to each other. Is there a universally recognized favorite in this category, or do you need to select individual allergies?
- "Tavegil". The main active ingredient is clemensin, a derivative of ethanolamine. Among the antihistamines it is the most fast-acting, since the maximum concentration of the active substance is reached within 2 hours after administration and lasts for 12 hours. muscles, vessels and capillaries, lowers their conductivity.
- "Tavegil" is allowed to children from 6 years old, completely prohibited for pregnant women and nursing mothers, because it is transmitted with breast milk. The dosage is prescribed depending on age: for a child does not exceed 1 tablet, for an adult in emergency cases - 6 tablets. The drug is prohibited for persons suffering from bronchial asthma, undesirable combination with MAO inhibitors.
- Natalia: "The number of side effects in Tavegil" is horrifying, of course, but in reality (tested on 4-year-old daughter and myself), nothing was noticed except mild drowsiness. We take tablets in the evening, during the "season" of worsening allergies - relief comes in half an hour "It is also nice that the cost of the drug is lower than that of other antihistamines."
What is better, "Suprastin" or "Tavegil"? From the point of view of composition, it makes no sense to compare them, since the active components differ, and this causes a difference in the indications, adverse reactions and principle of action. If you rely on consumer reviews, then Tavegil is better tolerated by the body than Suprastin, but more often it does not produce the expected effect. At the same time, the sedative effect of Tavegil is less pronounced.
- "Claritin". Also quite well-known drug working on loratidine, whose dosage per tablet is 10 mg. The product is also available in the form of syrup, which is convenient for getting rid of allergies in children. The effect on the body is fixed 30 minutes after administration, the maximum concentration of active substance in the blood is observed after 8 hours and lasts a full day. "Claritin" does not have a sedative effect, does not inhibit the central nervous system, as a result of which it is allowed to receive people driving a car.
- Children "Claritin" is allowed from the 2nd year of life, the drug is undesirable for pregnant women, it is forbidden to take it during breastfeeding. Also, the use of "Claritin" by persons with hepatic insufficiency should be carried out only under the supervision of the attending physician. The dosage depends on body weight and age: adults and children no more than 1 tablet or 2 tsp. syrup It does not depend on food intake.
- Side effects in children are recorded in the form of a headache, in adults - on the part of the digestive system (dyspeptic disorders), cardiological (heartbeat). All of these symptoms were observed only with an overdose and passed after discontinuation of the drug.
- Inna: “Grateful to the doctor who prescribed“ Klaritin ”to us when dermatitis was revealed to my son: all his hands were in a rash, they immediately began to select a treatment complex. A friend (allergic with experience) advised the pills - the child was given first 1/2 pills, the next evening we were already full. We got rid of dermatitis in 6 days, another 2 drank as fastening. There were no negative reactions from those that were claimed discovered ".
What is better, "Suprastin" or "Claritin"? From the point of view of side effects and contraindications, "Claritin" is much softer, which can be seen even from the reduced age of its reception. The drug is painlessly prescribed to young children, and, as can be judged by consumer feedback, it is really easily perceived by a sensitive organism, it can be applied even to children younger than 2 years old, but through dosage reduction.
Summarizing the above, it should be said that it is impossible to name the best antihistamine drug: their wide range is determined by the individual perception of the body, as a result of which the pill that saved one person can become a provocateur of even stronger allergies for someone. The general trend suggests that the least common side effects occur in "Klaritina", but the most effective has "Tavegil."