What does every woman want? Be healthy and stay attractive. To implement such plans will help folic acid. After all, it is indispensable for women's health and beauty. And if such a component is not enough pregnant, it's just a disaster. In order not to face its deficiency, you need to know what foods contain folic acid.
What is the magic of folic acid?
The importance of vitamin B9, known as "folic acid", can be judged at least by how many duties it performs in the body. Just think: this component is involved in the production of new cells (including blood cells), promotes the growth of luxurious hair and regeneration of the skin, helps relive stress, provides brain activity, heart, liver and stomach activity, is responsible for normal appetite. Folic acid reduces the likelihood of breast and ovarian cancer, stroke and thrombosis.
Folic acid (folacin) is an extremely valuable element for those who are carrying a baby. Its shortage can cause placental insufficiency, which leads to the development of malformations in the fetus and provokes miscarriages.
In short, vitamin B69 is exactly what any woman needs. Therefore, it is worthwhile to ensure that the menu contains products containing folic acid. Please note: they mostly contain the minimum number of calories, so even those who follow the figure do not risk anything.
We make a folic diet: 7 leading products in the amount of vitamin B9
Before saturating your menu with a vitamin of beauty, we will find out how much it is necessary for a woman to feel cheerful, cheerful and irresistible. Domestic scientists have calculated that the rate is 400 micrograms per day. During pregnancy, it increases to 600 mcg per day, and breastfeeding moms should receive at least 500 mgc of folacin daily.
It's time to move on to the most important thing. We list all products containing folic acid in large quantities. Get acquainted with the components of the diet, which can boast an impressive supply of vitamin B9 (per 100 g). Their list looks like this:
- greenery. And this is quite natural, because if we translate "folic acid" from Latin, we will get the word "leaf". The record holder in this category is parsley. It contains 117 mcg of B-vitamin, in fresh spinach - 80 mcg, in lettuce leaves - 40 mcg, and in green onion feathers - 11 mcg;
- asparagus. In all varieties of this plant, folic acid is present, in green asparagus its quantity reaches half the daily norm - 262 mcg;
- vegetables. Here primacy for lentils - 180 micrograms. In the second place, the beans - 160 mcg, then comes the beets - 136 mcg, cabbage (cauliflower - 55 mcg, white cabbage - 10-31 mcg). There is a unique vitamin and turnips, carrots, pumpkin. You can find out exactly what products contain and in what volume folic acid is presented in them from the table;
- fruits, berries. In one orange - 50 mcg (in the juice of the vitamin is even more), in the less popular papaya - 115 mcg, avocado - 90 mcg, in grapefruit - 30 mcg, strawberries - 25 mcg, raspberries - 14 mcg;
- nuts. Peanuts, in fact, should be in second place, as it contains 240 micrograms of vitamin B9. But since the calorie content in this product is quite large, we took him only the fifth position (taking into account the usefulness for the figure). In a walnut, 77 mcg, in almonds - 68 mcg, hazelnuts will share with you 68 mcg of folic acid;
- animal products. They are no less rich in "female" vitamin. Beef liver contains 240 mcg, pork liver - 225 mcg, chicken - 240 mcg, cod liver - 110 mcg. It would seem, eat delicious dishes - and you will look your best. But, unfortunately, in the process of heat treatment a significant part of the vitamins are lost;
- cereals. They are not as generous with folacin as the products listed above, but they are almost daily on our table. A 100 gram portion of rice will give 10 micrograms, oatmeal - 29 micrograms, pearl barley - 24 micrograms, buckwheat and barley groats - 32 micrograms of priceless vitamin.
And that is not all. To make sure that B9 is not a rare vitamin, look at what other foods contain folic acid. A considerable amount of folacin is present in germinated wheat grains, milk, hard cheese, egg yolk, poultry meat, fish, rye flour, sunflower seeds, horse mackerel, mushrooms, peaches and watermelons. Every day using at least a couple of these "goodies", you can guaranteed to saturate the body with a daily supply of folic acid. Thus, if you eat natural products and build a varied diet, you can easily avoid the corresponding deficit.
How to get maximum benefit?
Even eating all the rules, you can be in a situation where the body will lack folacin. Because it is not enough to know where folic acid is contained in which products. It is important to be able to prepare and store them so that its reserves are not affected.
Vitamin B9 is an unstable element, as already noted, it is actively destroyed during heat treatment (up to 90% is lost). Because vegetables, herbs and fruits are best consumed in their natural form - so you can save all the unique vitamin properties of these gifts of nature. And what to do with those products that a person can not eat raw? They should cook the minimum allowable time, covered with a lid (preferably steamed).
Remember: folacin is susceptible to sunlight and does not tolerate long-term storage at room temperature.
A number of reasons have been identified that prevent the body from assimilating vitamin B9 normally. This is the use of alcoholic beverages, dysbacteriosis, taking contraceptives and some other drugs, smoking.
The pledge of health, excellent well-being and reproductive abilities of a woman is the balance of vitamins. A special place in their list is folic acid. She participates in the most important life processes and ensures the continuation of the species. Make sure that the stocks of this substance are never depleted. Make it simple: eat vegetable products raw and be healthy!