Everyone remembers the horror story from childhood, that if you take a frog in hand, then warts will appear on your hands. Even the fairy tale about the Tsarevna did not reassure the frog, which Ivan not only picked up, but also kissed. Only the cause of the appearance of warts has nothing to do with amphibians, but lies completely different.
What are warts?
A wart is a benign skin lesion.
There are several types of warts:
- Plantar, these warts look like a callus; cramped shoes can be their causal factor.
- Flat youthful;
- Pointed venereal;
Not all warts are safe and painless.
What causes warts?
The cause of warts are human papillomavirus, this virus has 50 varieties.
- The papilloma virus penetrates the weakened human body.
- They provoke the appearance of wart wounds, scratches and other damages on the skin.
- Warts are transmitted from the carrier of the virus to a healthy person. If you have seen the warts, and it became unpleasant for you, and after some time you were overtaken by the same fate, you should not interfere with the evil eye and higher powers in the situation, you just got a virus.
- Not necessarily the carrier of the virus will have warts on the body, the virus may not manifest itself. The incubation process can last a month, so it will be difficult to identify the person who infected you.
- You can become infected by eating the personal belongings of the virus carrier.
- You can even become infected in the pool.
- The virus can be transmitted through sexual contact.
- The virus can be recorded in the process of manicure or pedicure.
- Stress can lead to a weakening of the body and the appearance of warts.
Do not set yourself a diagnosis. Perhaps the education on the skin is not benign, but malignant. It is better not to self-medicate, but seek help from a specialist.
In which cases with warts need to see a doctor?
- If the warts begin to multiply actively.
- Appear pain.
- The formations begin to bleed and itch.
- The wart began to grow, and changed color.
- A wart appeared in the genital area.
How to cure warts?
Your doctor may prescribe antiviral medication.
Self-treatment can be not only dangerous, but also not effective, since the cause of the wart is not eliminated. The virus will remain, and the slightest stress can provoke the reappearance of warts. Drugs in pharmacies are only effective against common and plantar warts, if you are not sure about the diagnosis, it is better not to use them.
If medication does not help, you can resort to other ways of getting rid of the formations.
How to get rid of warts on the legs, read the article Warts on the legs: how to withdraw?
Wart Removal Techniques
- Removal by laser.
- Electrocoagulation is removal using high-frequency current, but a small scar remains at the site of removal.
- Cryotherapy - cauterization of warts with liquid nitrogen.
- Surgical removal is not recommended, as it can provoke a secondary infection.
If you decide to use folk remedies in wart removal at your own risk, use the juice of sour apples, gruel of onions, grated raw potatoes, mashed rose hips. Applied to the treatment of warts herb celandine, calendula, dandelion juice, mountain ash juice, bath of blackberry broth and horse chestnut.
How to avoid the appearance of warts?
- Maintain immunity.
- Eat more vitamins.
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day.
- Observe personal hygiene.
Be attentive to your health!