Persimmon - a useful berry, which is very popular and goes on sale from November to late winter. She has a pleasant juicy tart taste and aroma. Persimmon contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals necessary for a person.
Persimmon: interesting facts
Translated from Latin, persimmon means "food of the gods." It is believed that this berry came to us from China. For millennia, the Chinese have used healthy fruits for health purposes. More recently, persimmon became available and distributed throughout the world. Currently, the most delicious and famous varieties are Eastern, Caucasian, chocolate and "Sharon". There are more than 500 varieties of persimmon in the world. They all differ in taste and smell.
What vitamins are in persimmon?
Persimmon - a useful product. From it prepare a variety of dishes and make jam. The third berry consists of sugar, so it is not recommended for diabetics. On all other persimmon acts only positively. It can be consumed even during the diet, as in 100 g of the product is only 67 kcal.
The fruit contains in its composition a large amount of vitamins, among which are the following: vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3), provitamin A, vitamin C and PP. Persimmon carbohydrates contain fructose and glucose, most of which are in juice. It is useful in cases of throat and mouth disease.
Fruits contain a huge amount of minerals and biological substances: potassium, phosphorus, nickel, iodine, magnesium, sodium, calcium, iron, copper, manganese, cobalt, ash, organic acids and fiber.
Berry contains tannins, so it can not be used by people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases, undergoing operations on the gastrointestinal tract, as well as prone to constipation.
What is useful in persimmon?
- Persimmon contains a large amount of antioxidants that fight free radicals. The presence of binding properties in the fetus indicates the presence of pectin - a substance that is responsible for the normal operation of the digestive system.
- Berry has a strong diuretic effect, removes salt from the body and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Due to its high iron content, persimmon is beneficial for people who suffer from anemia.
- Thanks to the iodine contained in the product, it is necessary for those who suffer from diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Pectin contained in the fruit, improves digestion.
- Thanks to provitamin A, the fetus prevents the formation of cancer cells, is good for eyes and lungs. Persimmon is the prevention of pneumonia and bronchitis, so it is recommended to use it to smokers.
- High sugar content nourishes the cardiovascular system, strengthens blood vessels and improves heart function.
- Persimmon immunity and is an excellent prevention of viral diseases.
- Berry is used to prevent and prevent atherosclerosis.
- The fruit has a tonic and relaxing effect.
- It is believed that persimmon increases appetite and efficiency, and also calms the nervous system. Due to these properties, the berry is recommended for people who are prone to stress and nervous breakdowns.
- Not rarely persimmon is used for cosmetic purposes, because it perfectly tones, refreshes and moisturizes the skin. From it prepare masks, creams, shampoos, shower gels, and more. other
A good mask for oily skin: whisk the egg white, grind the persimmon flesh. Add to the mass of 1 tbsp. l juice of aloe and sea buckthorn, 1 tsp. glycerin and liquid honey. Stir and apply on face for 15 minutes. Wash the remnants of the mask with a cotton swab dipped in warm water.
What is harmful persimmon?
The fruit is harmful and dangerous for people suffering from diabetes, as well as those who have a problem of intestinal obstruction.
It is necessary to observe moderation, the berry is recommended to eat 1 - 2 times a day for 1 fruit. Remember, it is only useful in a mature form. When buying a product, pay attention to the softness, leaves and color of persimmon. The ripe fruit should be soft, bright orange, and the leaves brown. Look at the stripes on the skin: the more of them, the sweeter the fruit. The skin should be smooth and hard enough. When the persimmon deteriorates, dark spots and black dots appear on it.
Storing berries also need to pay special attention. Best of all, it is stored in the refrigerator.
Persimmon is a tasty and healthy product that is sold from November to February in each supermarket. Eat fresh berries, cook jam and compotes from it, make desserts and add to meat dishes. You can also make natural masks, creams and lotions from persimmon!