Often, both men and women are faced with the appearance of benign lesions on the skin. Different types of tumors need to be treated or removed due to the fact that in some cases they can lead to serious consequences. Recently, representatives of male and female began to turn to medical institutions with the problem of the appearance of warts in the zone of intimate places.
What are anogenital warts?
The location of the wart (warts or papillomas) depends on the cause of their occurrence. Anogenital wart is a tumor of benign nature, which is formed on the skin in intimate places. It has an elevation above the epidermis. The size of the wart can vary from a few millimeters to 2 cm. The color of the papilloma is uniform, the surface is covered with a mucous membrane. In appearance, it resembles a scion with a sharp tip. If warts appear in the groin area of a man, then, as a rule, they are formed in groups, isolated cases of the occurrence of papillomas are extremely rare.
Locations of genital papillomas
As a rule, in men, the described neoplasms are localized in the following intimate areas:
- on the bridle;
- on the penis (his head);
- on the scrotum;
- in the area of the sphincter;
- in the urethra.
Places of concentration of warts in women in the intimate area are:
- the area of the clitoris or labia;
- vaginal passage;
- cervical uterus;
- urination channel;
- near the anus.
What causes anogenital neoplasms?
Experts in the field of medicine claim that warts (papillomas) in the intimate area appear as a result of ingestion of the causative agent of the papillomavirus. Most often, this pathogen is sexually transmitted, that is, as a result of sexual contact with a vector of infection.
What are the risk factors for the appearance of tumors in intimate places?
The following causes may contribute to the appearance of tumors in the form of papillomas on the genital external organs of a man and a woman:
- the development of infectious diseases of the reproductive organs (for example, herpes, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.);
- reduced immunity;
- long stay in a stressful situation;
- sex life at an early age;
- frequent change of sexual partners;
- promiscuous and unprotected sexual intercourse;
- failure to comply with personal hygiene measures in public baths, saunas or swimming pools;
- the use of other personal hygiene products or towels;
- at the time of delivery from mother to child.
What are the types of anogenital warts?
The types of warts appearing in intimate places vary depending on the size, shape and color. As already mentioned, papilloma can measure from a few millimeters to a couple of centimeters. Treatment specialists identify the following types of neoplasms on the genitals:
- papillomas with a spiky appearance;
- wart spots;
- warts Bushke-Levenshteyn;
- intraepithelial neoplasia type.
Symptoms of genital papillomas
When a wart is just beginning to manifest, it is very difficult to identify, especially if it is located inside the vaginal or cervical uterus or in the urethra. For a long time there are no symptoms. It is extremely rare at the initial stage of papilloma development in an intimate place during sexual intercourse discomfort can be felt. Unpleasant sensations may appear when wearing very tight or tight underwear.
The symptoms of the development of warts on the intimate organs include:
- the presence of hyperemia in the area of formation of warts;
- the appearance of tumors of various sizes, which resemble fingers in appearance;
- pigmentation of the skin in intimate places, as well as the appearance of pronounced hyperkeratosis;
- the spread on the skin of the external genital organs of spots that have different shades (brown, red, grayish, white, pinkish);
- the spread of spots or peculiar papillomas over the surface of the genitals;
- the appearance of discharge of blood clots from the vaginal passage;
- the formation of cracks in the external genitals.
At the manifestation of the slightest symptoms, you should immediately contact the attending specialist for a full-scale examination. Sometimes the appearance of tumors in intimate places can be malignant.
Features of the diagnosis of the presence of warts in the area of the intimate organs
Before treating warts on the genitals, a man or woman needs to undergo a full-scale examination. In the process of diagnosis, the doctor will establish an accurate diagnosis and will be able to exclude or confirm the presence of a malignant neoplasm. Depending on the type of genital neoplasm, the diagnosis can be carried out in various ways. There are such basic survey methods:
- visual inspection using gynecological mirrors, which allows to detect the presence of warts on the mucous membrane of the vaginal passage or uterine cervix;
- anoscopy - examination of the anus;
- sampling of comparative samples using acetic acid: the affected areas will be stained, after which they are taken for biopsy;
- urethroscopy - is carried out in the detection of warts in the urethra;
- smear on cytology in detecting papillomas in the uterine neck;
- colposcopy: in case of evidence, the cervix is examined by means of a colposcope, and comparative samples of the affected mucous membrane are taken during the procedure;
- examination of the histological type: appointed if there is suspicion of the development of a malignant neoplasm.
The main methods of treatment of anogenital warts
Treatment of genital papillomas can be carried out in three ways:
- pharmacological (drug);
- through destructive therapeutic procedures;
- folk remedies.
Features of the treatment of anogenital warts pharmacological agents
Drug treatment of warts in the area of the intimate organs is carried out with the help of two main drugs:
- trichloroacetic acid.
Both drugs belong to the pharmacological group of necrotic type of exposure. Solkoderm is a complex pharmaceutical agent that is applied to the affected area (wart) with a special spatula. For the treatment of papillomas formed in an intimate place, use of trichloroacetic acid with a concentration of 80-90%. A special applicator is used to apply the substance to the wart. As a result of acid exposure, wounds may appear and pain may be felt.
Features of the treatment of anogenital papillomas by a destructive therapeutic method
Warts located in the intimate area can be removed in the following ways:
- cryosurgical - the wart is treated with liquid nitrogen of low temperature;
- laser therapy;
- radiosurgical - the affected area is irradiated by radio-frequency waves emitted by the Surgitron device.
Treatment of genital papillomas with traditional medicine at home
To get rid of anogenital papillomas (warts) at home, you can resort to methods and means of traditional medicine. Before you remove papilloma yourself, be sure to consult with your doctor. The procedure should be done as carefully as possible, since wounds and scars can be formed, as well as the vaginal microflora can be disturbed.
A wart formed in an intimate place can be smeared twice a day with freshly squeezed potato juice or fir oil. It is not recommended to cauterize anogenital neoplasms with celandine, as it may burn the surface of the penis.
Today, treating specialists may suggest conservative methods of treatment, so there is no need to resort to self-removal of warts on the genitals, especially since it does not bring the desired result.
When manifestation of the slightest symptoms of neoplasm development in the intimate area, consult a doctor without fail. No need to try to remove the condyloma yourself - this can only aggravate the process of subsequent treatment. Remember that in certain situations, the appearance of tumors may indicate the development of cancer.