Walnut (its other name king acorn) - this is a miracle created by nature, which has no equal in beneficial properties in the plant world.
Food of the gods, a feast for the brain, a miracle of nature, it's all about him - about walnuts. The legend says that he came to us from Greece: Kariya, the daughter of King Dion, fell in love with Dionysus, which angered her father and was turned into a walnut tree. The word "karya" among the Greeks meant hazel or walnut. Somehow, under the tree, the girls were dancing and, frightened by the evil beast, they took shelter under the tree, turning into hanging nuts.
Interesting rituals and superstitions of the peoples of the world are associated with walnuts: the French loved to scatter them at weddings - a symbol of wealth, and in England they believed that if a lot of nuts were born, then more boys would be born in the settlement. There is a wonderful tradition in the Caucasus - a walnut tree is planted when the child is born. In Scotland, amulets with shells were hung on their breasts, and if it grew dark, it meant that the child had been jinxed.
Useful composition and healing properties of walnuts
- In their compositionenters 80 items (iron, copper, zinc, iodine, vitamins B1, B2, essential oils, vitamin C, its content in green nuclei is many times higher than in rosehip, etc.), which the body needs every day for normal functioning. Per 100 g of nuclei there are only 3-4 g of water, the rest is useful amino acids, fats that are not produced by the human body, but are very important for metabolism.
- Walnut contains many biologically active components that have a beneficial effect on the brain vessels
- Since the nuclei contain vitamin C, hardening of the vascular walls is prevented, their elasticity is preserved, the body's resistance to infections is increased. The liver and kidneys improve.
- Vitamin B1 regulates the nervous system (relieves nervous tension), circulatory organs, digestion.
- Vitamin B6is responsible for the synthesis of hemoglobin and the liver, normalizes vision.
- Vitamin Eimproves the gonads, heart muscle. Experiments have shown that if you regularly use walnuts, it reduces the size and growth rate of cancer in the prostate. Scientists believe that the secret of nuts is in reducing the level of a vasoconstrictor peptide from an amino acid that plays a major role in the stability of blood vessels.
- Leaves This tree contains volatile and emit essential oils, thanks to this they can be used to scare away mosquitoes, mosquitoes.
- Walnut oil, obtained by pressing, rich in fatty acids - linoleic, oleic, so it belongs to the dietary products.
- FruitIt is recommended to eat people engaged in mental work or physical. Thanks high iodine content, Walnut is used in the treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland. He also has a strong bactericidal, wound-healing property.
Medicine against Ascaris and Worms
In folk medicine such countries as Iran, the Caucasus still use immature nuts against parasites - worms. To do this, boil the syrup from the green peel of the fruit.
- Green peel - 20 g
- Sugar or honey - 1 tbsp.
Chop the rind, mix with sugar (honey). Take 1-2 tablespoons 1 glass of water 3-4 times a day.
Another way to:
Before breakfast in 30 minutes. eat 6 walnuts, before lunch - 5, before dinner - 4. Chew nuts very carefully. The course of treatment is 3 days. For the same purpose, they use nut oil: drink 30-50 g of butter in the morning on an empty stomach for 3 days.
Walnut for men
Men are advised to use nut kernels with sesame oil, honey and molasses.
Boys and boys need to drink nut milk.
- Walnut - 10 pcs.
- Water - 100 g
Finely chop the kernels of 10 walnuts, fill them with 100 g of cold boiled water. Set to brew for 2 hours. Strain, add 1-2 teaspoons of honey and mix.
Cooking Walnuts: Healthy Meals
Nuts can be used in the natural, crushed and fried form. They are used in cooking, jam is prepared, added to the filling, used as decoration of dishes.
Sweet Walnuts Fries
- Walnuts - 900 g
- Sugar powder - 300 g
- Olive oil - 400 g
- The kernel must be peeled, scalded with boiling water and drain in a colander.
- Then pour sugar powder and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Pull the nuts out, when the oil is drained from them, cool them and put them in a candy bowl in a slide.
Healthy Nut Jam
- Young nuts - 120 pcs.
- Water - 0.5 l.
- Sugar - 2 kg
- Lemon - 3 pcs.
- Take the green young nuts, pin with a needle. 4-5 times fill them with raw water, boil for 3 minutes. Drain. Do this 5 times.
- Then add sugar to our nuts, pour in 0.5 l of water. Cook until thick.
- Medium-sized lemongrass cut into cubes and add 5 minutes. until the end of the jam.
Contraindications to the use of walnuts
The use of nuts is contraindicated for those who suffer from skin diseases - psoriasis, eczema. Even a minimal amount of nuts can lead to an exacerbation of the disease.
Due to the high protein content - 15% of their excessive use by people with hypersensitivity, can lead to allergic reactions: diathesis, allergic stomatitis, urticaria. Full-bodied people are also not recommended to use this product frequently due to its high calorie content.
Remember, you need to eat walnuts in small quantities(6-8 pieces per day), otherwise headaches may occur, and a rash will appear in the mouth from an overdose, and the tonsils will become inflamed. But completely abandon the nuts is not worth it, it can lead to irritability and depression.
Eating a few fruits, you prevent the aging of the skin and increase mental alertness. Reasonably use what nature gives you.
Enjoy your meal! And be healthy!