Many people have heard of vegetative dystonia, but not everyone understands what it is. Involuntary panic, extended muscle contractions, flushing, tachycardia, and much more are the main symptoms of the IRR in adults, whose treatment is very long and thorough.
VSD - what is it?
Vegetative dystonia syndrome (VVD) is a complex combination of symptomatic and clinical signs that affect various organs and systems. The disease develops as a result of disruption of the central or peripheral zone.
Explain what is the IRR in simple language, it is possible on the example of the nervous system. In the process of its normal functioning, two areas take part:
- the sympathetic region is responsible for the psycho-emotional, physiological and state of the cardiac system during wakefulness;
- The parasympathetic region helps relax the body and brain during sleep.
In the case of dystonia, the work of these areas is mixed, with the result that symptoms such as sleep disturbance, unreasonable anxiety, rapid heartbeat may appear. Or, conversely, excessive energy that cannot be exhausted. As a result, the human body wears out faster and, as a rule, comes early old age.
Vegetative symptoms and types of dystonia
Since dystonia affects the work of virtually all organs associated with the peripheral nervous system, its symptoms are very diverse. They are divided into several groups.
- decreased sexual function;
- disturbed sleep and uncontrolled panic.
From the side of heat exchange:
- unreasonable jumps in body temperature;
- increased sweating;
- tides of heat and cold.
- chest pain.
Disorders in the work of digestion:
- diarrhea or constipation.
- lack of air;
- heaviness in the chest;
A single concept of the IRR does not exist, but in medicine this syndrome can be divided into several types depending on the nature of the manifestation of certain signs:
- Permanent form - the symptoms of the disease appear regularly and do not depend on any external factors and the human condition.
- Spontaneous manifestation is characterized by a sharp deterioration in health at certain periods, most often in spring and autumn. In the intervals between attacks, the signs of the disease in a person are almost imperceptible.
- The IRR of mixed type combines the characteristics of the first two forms.
- Hidden type of dystonia - the disease does not manifest itself in the body until the state of a person drastically changes under the influence of external factors such as stress, fatigue, exacerbation of chronic diseases.
In addition, vascular dystonia is also distinguished by the nature of the disorders of the heart:
- Hypertensive type contributes to a sharp unreasonable jump in blood pressure. As a result, the patient has heart palpitations, shortness of breath, there is a panic fear of something and a sudden agitation.
- The hypotonic side of the vegetative dysfunction is characterized by low blood pressure, general weakness and lethargy, drowsiness and complete loss of strength, often with acute headaches, nausea and excessive sweating.
- Cardiac appearance does not depend on blood pressure drops. Determined by interruptions in the work of the heart and pain in the left hypochondrium.
For vegetative dystonia, there are no barriers in the form of the patient's age, race or ethnic group. But it is scientifically proven that adults and people most often suffer from this disease.-
The main directions in the treatment and prevention
The disease can take various forms. But in any case, the treatment of the IRR should be assigned individually for each patient, based on the characteristics of the disease. As a rule, they try to dispense with medical intervention as the main methods of therapy. Such treatment is mainly aimed at the normalization of the working day, the appointment of moderate physical exertion, correction of nutrition and the elimination of the consequences of emotional factors.
Physiotherapy treatments for autonomic dysfunction include the following procedures:
- water gymnastics;
- heat therapy;
- magnetic laser effect.
Physiotherapy treatment of the symptoms of VSD in an adult, as a rule, always gives positive feedback from the body. But in rare cases, as a supplementary therapy, the doctor may prescribe medication in small doses.
How to eat with the IRR?
Along with drug and physiotherapy treatment methods, the doctor will advise to normalize the diet. The recommended product list usually includes:
- fresh vegetables and cereals rich in potassium: carrots, dried apricots, greens, buckwheat and oatmeal;
- foods high in fiber: legumes, nuts, avocados, raisins, bran;
- Sources of magnesium: wheat bran, cashew, rice, soy, spinach, eggs, almonds.
From the diet you should try to eliminate sweet, very fatty and fried foods, smoked meat and homemade pickles for the winter. Also, completely give up the "snack food" and snacks on the go.
Your meal regime is best built in this way:
- Eat food in small portions at regular intervals.
- Exclude the possibility of diet and any fasting days.
- If possible, replace strong invigorating drinks, such as black tea, coffee, cocoa and sour-milk drinks.
- Eat as many vitamins as possible and drink natural juices.
- Use spicy dish additives instead of salt. For example, ginger, oregano, turmeric, cinnamon are good.
IRR can significantly affect the life and performance of a person. And although a single principle of treatment does not exist, it is quite possible to cope with the disease if one strictly adheres to all the doctor’s prescriptions.