Children often suffer from vomiting, which is not an independent disease, but is one of the main and first symptoms of certain disorders. For example, various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, food poisoning, intoxication of the body, head injury, etc. This is an unpleasant phenomenon that scares both the children and their parents. That is why it is especially important to know how to deal with it at home.
Child vomiting: possible causes
To provoke vomiting in a child can a variety of reasons, among which are the following.
The main and most common - various infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Most often, young children suffer from simple poisoning, which leads to the development of general intoxication of the whole organism.
A serious violation in the process of metabolism. It can develop as a result of the lack of enzymes involved in digestion.
Diseases associated with the functioning of the digestive tract.
Infectious diseases not associated with the violation of the gastrointestinal tract. Urebenka can open vomiting on the background of high temperature, for example, with the flu, meningitis, adenoviral infection.
Vomiting can also result from the disruption of the functioning of various systems and organs. For example, this includes long-term use of various drugs (side effect) or the presence of acute appendicitis.
In babies vomiting can be normal - pussy belch during feeding.
In older children, vomiting can begin as a result of severe stress.
Cough to vomiting in a child may be the first symptom, with an unpleasant feeling of weakness, possibly dizziness. Most often, vomiting is accompanied by fever, which is the main sign of an infectious disease. Therefore, you must immediately call the doctor at home. It is also necessary to call an ambulance even if vomiting is frequent, fluid stools are disturbing and there is a high temperature, and it is impossible to bring it down in simple ways.
Vomiting, which is not accompanied by diarrhea or fever, is much easier. In this case, the child may remain active, does not complain of pain in the stomach, maintains appetite, there is no intoxication. Vomiting can be single, then there is no need for treatment.
What to give a child with vomiting?
If vomiting was caused by severe food poisoning, then it is necessary to carry out the procedure of washing the stomach. For this purpose, warm boiled water is used, at the same time it is necessary to drink at least 2 liters.
Approximately an hour later, after carrying out this procedure, it is necessary to take an antiemetic drug. Further, it is important to comply with measures to prevent dehydration, while Regidron is necessarily given.
If vomiting was caused by a serious head injury, it is important to ensure bed rest, and to call a doctor as soon as possible, since there is a possibility of concussion or cerebral hemorrhage.
If an infectious lesion is suspected, you should immediately call a doctor, then pass all tests to determine the causative agent. Then the specialist will prescribe a special antibacterial therapy for the child.
Treatment of folk remedies
In order to keep the child from vomiting, you can use proven folk remedies:
- Peppermint decoction. Mint is taken (1 tbsp. L.) And brewed in 1 tbsp. boiling water. For several hours, the decoction is infused, then filtered and taken 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day with nausea.
- Lemongrass Grass Take lemon balm (1 tbsp.) And pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, infused for 5 hours. It is necessary to take 10 ml 3-4 times a day, before the beginning of the meal. This decoction helps to relieve nausea and improve the functioning of the stomach.
- Dill seeds. It is necessary to take the seeds of dill (1 tsp) and pour 1st. boiling water, boil a couple of minutes. Such a drink can be used not only with vomiting, but also nausea, diarrhea, increased gas formation.
- Broth valerian root. Shredded valerian root is taken (1 tsp) and filled with boiling water (1 tbsp.), Then boiled over low heat for about 12 minutes. The decoction is filtered and taken 2-3 times a day for 1-2 tsp.
- Collection of medicinal herbs (peppermint, chamomile, melissa medicinal). All components are taken in equal quantity and are well mixed and crushed. Further 1 tbsp. l raw materials are poured with boiling water (1 tbsp.) and the container with broth is covered with a lid, left for half an hour. The decoction is filtered and taken 3 times a day and 1 tbsp. l (dosage is indicated for children under 3 years old).
If the child tears bile, it is not recommended to carry out self-treatment, you must immediately call a doctor. It is also forbidden to use traditional methods in cases when it is not possible to establish the exact cause of the vomiting.
Vomiting in a child can be caused by many reasons. These are poisonings, gastrointestinal diseases, infections of various kinds, head injuries, stress, etc. In some cases, you can cope with an unpleasant symptom yourself, in others you will need medical help. In any case, it is better not to take risks and consult with the doctor, discussing with him the possible treatment.