Vitamin E is one of the most important vitamins. It is responsible for many functions of the body. Without the presence of this vitamin in the human body in sufficient quantities, such negative phenomena as premature aging of the skin, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, problems with the skin, hair and teeth are possible. Not excluded and problems with vision, sexual functions and respiratory tract.
The role of vitamin E. Vitamin E health benefits
- Vitamin E performs an essential function in our body - it protects the cell membranes from negative effects.
- In addition, this vitamin is responsible for the supply of oxygen to all organs of our body.
- Proved in the course of research that vitamin E is able to protect the body from the negative effects of tobacco smoke. But do not think that he is able to protect smokers from the negative effects of tobacco. We are talking only about tobacco smoke, that is, about passive smoking.
- Vitamin E protects the human nerve cells, strengthens the cardiovascular system of the body and muscles.
- This vitamin is able to have an anti-inflammatory effect caused, including, and colds.
- Vitamin E is also a powerful antioxidant. And this means that it actively interferes with the aging process, slowing down this process.
- This vitamin can have a moisturizing effect on the skin. Thanks to him, the skin does not become dry and wrinkled.
- Vitamin E is able to prevent the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- This vitamin is able to have a tonic effect on human immunity. When there is enough vitamin E in the body, colds are not terrible.
- Thanks to vitamin E, blood circulation in the human cardiovascular system is improved many times.
- In addition, vitamin E is able to provide normal blood clotting, as well as reduce blood pressure. What is important for hypertensive patients.
- Vitamin E helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. This is especially true for the elderly, when these walls are depleted. In addition, vitamin E prevents the formation of blood clots in the vessels and arteries. This means that it is the prevention of such diseases as atherosclerosis.
- Without vitamin E, the normal development of pregnancy is impossible. Only if there is enough of this vitamin in the body of the future mother, the baby will develop in accordance with all norms.
- This vitamin is able to strengthen the reproductive system, improve sexual functions, both female and male body.
- Another interesting fact about vitamin E is that it is able to increase endurance with active physical exertion. Therefore, if you actively go in for sports or visit a gym, taking Vitamin E can give you extra strength.
- Vitamin E can prevent diseases such as anemia and Alzheimer's disease. Therefore, it is very important to take vitamin E in sufficient quantities, at any age.
What foods contain vitamin E?
The presence of vitamin E can be detected both in animal products and in products of plant origin.
Vitamin E in animal products
- Fish fat
- Cod liver
- Eggs (especially egg yolks)
- Beef meat
- Cottage cheese
- Natural bee honey
- Beef liver
- Dairy products
Vitamin E in plant products
- Wheat germ oil
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
- Sea buckthorn
- Whole grains
- Sunflower seeds
From the entire range of products containing vitamin E, it is enough to include a few products in the daily diet. In this case, you can get this vitamin daily in the right amount, without resorting to vitamin-containing drugs.