Nowadays, in medicine, the term "vegetative-vascular dystonia" is not considered as a separate disease, but as a consequence of an impaired functioning of the body. Firstly, disruption of the autonomic nervous system, which monitors the pressure in the body, heart rate, the work of the gastrointestinal tract, heat, the functioning of the urogenital system and many other organs.
Disorders of the autonomic nervous system most often consist of problems with blood circulation, heat exchange, and digestion. Dystonia can manifest itself as a crisis (paroxysmal state) or be permanent.
Folk remedies are a good way to treat vascular dystonia, although treatment with them does not replace a course of specialized drugs. For traditional medicine there are almost no contraindications to use; they are much easier for patients to perceive and can be used as supplements to treatment with pharmacological preparations. But before using traditional medicine it is necessary to consult with a specialist, because often Vegetative-vascular dystonia is the cause of more serious diseases.
Plants for the treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia
- Hawthorn (flowers and fruits) - reduces the sensitivity of the nervous system, dilates blood vessels, increases the body's supply of oxygen, restores metabolism and improves the general well-being of the body, supports deep and restful sleep.
- Valerian Root - improves sleep and normalizes it. Valerian root is good to use for neurosis, various moral upheavals. But you should know that valerian root can not be consumed.
- St. John's wort - thickens the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, improves the outflow and flow of blood in the brain, stabilizes metabolic processes.
- Calendula (flowers) - regulates the heartbeat, eliminates shortness of breath, excessive sweating.
- Wormwood - eliminates insomnia, stabilizes the excitability of the brain.
- Peppermint - eliminates headache, has a calming and analgesic effect, promotes vascular dilation.
- Motherwort (heart) - has a calming effect, regulates the strength and heart rate, eliminates headaches, prolongs sleep.
- Passionflower (grass) - eliminates the excessive excitability of the nervous system of the body, it is also used as a sedative.
- Creeping Thyme (or Thyme) - It has a sedative and even a hypnotic, effective in the fight against insomnia.
The herbs listed above can be used as tinctures, and as decoctions, and even as teas. But if you use these herbs to fight vegetative-vascular dystonia, then alcohol cannot be added to the plants listed above, because it has a negative effect on the body and even causes addiction, or it can cause poisoning.
Treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia with folk remedies
- Cleaning the vessels. Take 1 cup of dry dill seed, 2 tablespoons of valerian root and pour it with a liter of boiling water in a thermos, let it stand for a day. Strain, add two glasses of honey. Stir the mixture well and refrigerate. To take such a tool you need one tablespoon 3 times a day before meals (preferably not earlier than half an hour) until the means is over.
- Rejuvenation and cleansing of the body. Mix 100 gr. herbs: chamomile, birch buds, immortelle, tutsan. 1 tablespoon of the mixture, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and leave for about 4 hours, then drain the broth. To use this tool should be as follows: 1 cup of broth with the addition of 1 teaspoon of honey for the night, the rest take also with honey in the morning, half an hour before meals. It is necessary to do such a procedure daily until the mixture is finished; the treatment can be repeated in this way only after a long period of time - namely, at least 5 years.
- A soothing collection. Mix 10 gr. mint (medicinal lemon balm), 15 gr. Valerian root, 50 gr. yarrow. 3 teaspoons of the mixture, pour 1 liter of boiling water and prepare the broth. It is necessary to apply it on 200 ml not less than 3 times a day.