Vegetarianism today is at the same time a high-quality nutrition system that is really capable of benefiting the body, and a fashionable trend, therefore, more and more people are trying and trying to accept this system. But does everyone really understand her? And how to understand all the difficulties of the transition, so as not to harm yourself and not give up halfway?
Pros and cons of vegetarianism
How such a power system is really good is difficult to say. Since ancient times, man has consumed animal food on a par with plant food, each organism is adapted to this process, so the rejection of one or another block is in some way unnatural. However, not every digestive tract can take heavy meat, and there are a few more points that do not speak in its favor. And this if only to take the aspect of health, without mentioning the topic of killing animals. But, nevertheless, by refusing a certain food, a person makes his diet one-sided, which leads to imbalance. So where is the truth?
- Vegetarianism is light foods and dishes that do not overload the digestive tract. Therefore, a person who adheres to this system does not have excess weight and does not suffer from overeating, does not have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. It is not characterized by diseases of the cardiovascular system, kidneys and liver, it will not have intestinal parasites and infections.
- Lack of nutrients and vitamins - the main problem of vegetarianism. A deficiency of protein, vitamin B12, calcium and iron, zinc, vitamin D, phosphorus: all this forces adherents of this system to acquire vitamin complexes and drink them without stopping. But even with them increases the likelihood of anemia, diseases of the nervous system.
- Vegetarianism is prohibited for athletes, since no vegetable protein will replace animal. This is especially true for bodybuilders. But the ordinary person, who goes to the gym 2-3 times a week, has nothing to fear.
If all the shortcomings of this system have not taken away your desire to try it, you need to figure out where to start entering into vegetarianism.
How to change the diet?
On the one hand, those who suddenly begin to think about the transition to vegetarianism immediately overtake the issue of apparent food poverty, and even panic - it seems that now most of the usual recipes will be inaccessible. On the other hand, almost everything can be modified without sacrificing taste and benefit, especially since the average person does not adhere to a particular variety in food. What can you eat in vegetarianism, how to replace the usual elements of animal origin?
- To begin with, it should be understood that the total energy value and quality of the diet should not change, regardless of whether you eat meat or not. An adult human should still receive 1 g of protein and fat per each kg of weight daily, and 4 g of carbohydrates. Daily caloric intake also should not be less than 1200 kcal.
- In order to avoid a sharp negative reaction from the digestive system, take 20-25 days for a smooth change of system. First, give up smoked and fried meat products, then eliminate all fatty meats. After that, reduce its total volume to 100 g per day, eat meat 1 time in 3-4 days. Then gradually replace it with cereals and vegetables in dishes: meatballs, meatballs, meatballs. Then discard it completely.
What products should be present in the menu? Avocados (up to 3 pieces per week), flaxseed oil (even in capsule form), mushrooms, seaweed, tofu, soy meat, cereals, chickpeas, whole grain bread, legumes, walnuts, greens, seeds, cabbage and other vegetables. The presence of all these elements in the weekly diet will minimize the damage that the body inflicts with a similar dietary pattern, but it is impossible to exclude the possibility that they will not be enough. Therefore, you may need vitamins in capsules or tablets: most often it is B12, as well as Omega-3. As for the vegetarian menu for every day, it can be quite varied.
- For breakfast it is recommended to cook porridge - oatmeal or buckwheat, to which you can add dried fruits or fresh fruits, honey. Beans are better not to take because of their heavy absorption. If you are a lacto-vegetarian, add yogurt or ryazhenka to these products. Well suited any vegetable and fruit smoothies, salads.
- For dinner it is worth boiling the soup, which is prepared in vegetable broth with vegetable oil. It can be a cream soup or an Italian minestrone. The basis of such soups are often peas, lentils, chickpeas, beans, which are ground after boiling. You can supplement them with cereal or pasta. Spices and spices are also not excluded.
- Lunch can also be presented as a second course, where cereals lead: from barley and oatmeal to wheat, corn, barley. They can be boiled as a side dish and served with vegetable stews or fresh vegetables, and you can make burgers, chops and casseroles based on them. They will keep the form at the expense of rye flour or wheat 2 varieties.
- Dinner is traditionally protein and most often it is vegetable protein: lentils and beans are the main elements of this meal. They can simply fry with onions and carrots in olive oil and serve with bread and greens. You can also bake potatoes, make cabbage-corn patties.
If you decide to try vegetarianism, start with the right psychological attitude: it will determine more than half the success of this venture. Clearly define for yourself why and why you are doing this, and only after this step, start thinking through your menu, gradually changing the diet. Do it smoothly, watch the reaction of the body - in fact, despite the naturalness of the products, this food system is not suitable for everyone.