Discomfort in the lower abdomen and perineum is not always caused by diseases of the urogenital system - it may be pelvic varices, its symptoms. It is not necessary to allow this ailment to become a long-term companion of a woman, because in the arsenal of modern doctors there are means to solve this problem.
Probably there is no such person who has never heard of the existence of varicose veins of the legs. But many are surprised by the fact that the pelvic vessels are susceptible to this pathology. This is due to the weakening of the connecting elements of the cells. Unfortunately, the negative impact of the environment and lifestyle errors do not pass without a trace for health.
The origins of the dangerous expansion
Dysplasia of the connective tissues, due to which the veins lose their tone, develops due to the following factors:
- environmental pollution;
- hard physical labor;
- frequent pregnancies and childbirth;
- menstrual disorders;
- urogenital diseases;
- interruption of sexual intercourse;
- sexual dysfunction;
- the use of contraceptives on a hormonal basis;
- congenital defects of the connective tissue;
- hormonal medication.
Varicose pelvis often appears during pregnancy. In the body of the future mother begins hormonal adjustment that provides a comfortable environment for the development of the baby. As a result, the vascular walls of the genital organs are weakened. In addition, the growth of the fetus in the uterus can lead to pressure on the vena cava and impair the outflow of blood from the lower body to the heart. As a rule, venous stagnation is one of the main causes of varicose veins in women in an interesting position. The onset of the pathological process is also possible due to the enhanced work of the venous system in carrying a child.
SOS signals for varicose veins
Signs of any disease is a request for help from the body. Do not postpone visits to the clinic, if there are major symptoms indicating varicose veins of the pelvis:
- periodic pulling or aching pain in the lower abdomen, which sometimes covers the genitals and different parts of the peritoneum;
- increased painful sensations before “critical days”, after overwork, prolonged standing or sitting, during sex.
Also, this condition is characterized by a clinical picture that does not occur in every sick woman:
- pain during menstruation;
- aggravated PMS;
- a large amount of vaginal discharge;
- soreness of the intimate area;
- various irregularities in urine output;
- veins markedly increased in the affected area.
If varicose pelvic spread to the labia, additional symptoms bother you:
- instability of the emotional state;
- unbearable itching;
- dry skin;
- age spots on the skin.
Medical "evidence" of pathology
The doctor, after listening to the patient's complaints, must make sure that treatment of pelvic varices, and not any other disease, is required. To do this, the patient must undergo one or more of these examinations:
- ultrasound examination of the veins of the affected area;
- trans-dosage venography (vessels are filled with a special substance that improves visibility);
- laparoscopy (internal pelvic examination by inserting a phonendoscope through a tiny incision);
- radiography of ovarian veins using a contrast agent;
- CT (to clarify the diagnosis).
How to restore the tone of the veins?
When varicose veins of the pelvis prescribe drugs Detralex, Venoruton, Curantil, Ginkor-forte. But therapy should not be solely medical: need physical therapy. Doctors advise you to perform exercises, straining the muscles of the hips and buttocks, that is, to do:
Recovery will come closer if you wear special compression clothing - tights or stockings. Changes in lifestyle will not be redundant:
- walking for 5-10 minutes every 1-2 hours;
- enrichment of the diet with vegetables containing fiber and vegetable oil;
- abstaining from spicy, salty foods, fatty fish, fine flour products, dairy products, fast food and coffee;
- a contrast shower aimed at problem areas;
- breathing exercises;
- avoid stressful situations.
Patients with such a diagnosis who do not neglect folk remedies add broths to the bath water:
- horse chestnut;
- dandelion root;
It happens that even very competent complex therapy does not give results. In this case, you have to resort to surgical intervention. Surgical treatment is:
- artificial blockage of veins using a laser beam, high-frequency current or gel that enters the veins through a thin catheter;
- removal of diseased veins when blocking is impossible.
Pregnant women are recommended elastic bandages for the daytime and gentle physical therapy. And with vaginal varicose veins from the second trimester, medicines are prescribed that do not have side effects that are dangerous for the child. Future moms can not perform the operation, you will need to wait until the baby is born and the postpartum period is over.
Pain in the lower abdomen, and sometimes other unpleasant sensations often arise from the fact that the veins of the pelvis are excessively dilated. This pathology is particularly susceptible to women preparing to become mothers. Do not torment your body with indifference, and the doctor after the necessary research will help you to overcome this common disease.