Many modern people tend to lead a healthy lifestyle. This is due to various factors, in particular, our ecology. Proper nutrition, sports, good rest and good mood - these are the four main components of health. Unfortunately, more and more in the 21st century, we are faced with food products that are produced by unscrupulous manufacturers. In this regard, you have to look for an alternative and choose only high-quality and healthy products. If you have not decided to replenish the ranks of vegetarians, then, perhaps, now you are choosing tasty and healthy meat. Recently, many people have begun to give preference to poultry meat, in particular, turkey. Let's talk about what turkey meat conceals in itself - benefit or harm.
Turkey meat: the benefits and harm
Turkey made in western countries. It is American Thanksgiving Day that does not do without this dish. Turkey is considered the most low-calorie and easily digestible poultry meat. It contains many useful fortified elements and amino acids. That is why turkeys are often used for various chronic diseases that require dietary nutrition, as well as for the purpose of losing weight.
Buying a turkey today is easy at any grocery store. You can buy a carcass or separate parts of this bird: pulp, wings, drumstick, thighs. Many housewives love to cook turkey offal: heart, liver, navels. Despite the fact that turkey meat is considered a low-calorie and dietary product, certain parts of the poultry still have different nutritional value. Choose only the meat that suits you according to the type of food. If you adhere to a dietary ration, then it is better to coordinate the approximate menu with the nutritionist.
The most low-calorie part of the turkey is the flesh. If you clear the skin, which contains enough fat, then per 100 g of fresh turkey fillet accounts for only 84 Kcal. If you cut off the pulp from other parts of the bird, then its caloric content increases to 130 Kcal.
The calorie content of turkey wings is about 200 Kcal. This is due to the fact that under the skin and directly it contains fats and carbohydrates, as well as empty calories. Unfortunately, it is impossible to remove the skin from the wings, but you can reduce the percentage of fat content by cooking steamed turkey wings.
Turkey thighs have a calorific value of approximately 145 Kcal per 100 g of product. Of course, after heat treatment, the caloric content becomes less, because during the cooking, frying and stewing part of the fat goes. If you adhere to a strict dietary ration, then it is best to eat boiled or stewed turkey fillet. At the same time try not to season the finished poultry meat with sauces, and do not use other animal fats in the heat treatment process.
What is useful turkey meat?
To appreciate the benefits of turkey for our body, you need to know what fortified elements are contained in the meat of this bird. Unfortunately, in our country turkey is not widespread. We choose chicken and goose, and then only turkey. It is in vain, because turkey protein is absorbed by our body almost completely, and to be more precise, by 95%.
So, let's see what kind of useful components are contained in a turkey:
- unsaturated acids, in particular, omega-3: 100 g of cooked turkey meat will be able to satisfy the daily needs of the body in this trace element;
- vitamins of groups A, B and K;
These are the main components that are contained in turkey and have a beneficial effect on our body. Turkey is recommended to be eaten by people who want to get rid of excess weight, as well as with the development of atherosclerosis. The meat of this bird contains almost no harmful cholesterol.
To cleanse and strengthen the vascular walls, as well as to improve the work of the heart muscle, people of middle and old age should definitely eat turkey, because it is rich in potassium. Also, turkey meat has a good effect on bone formation, due to the saturation of the body with phosphorus and calcium.
Turkey has another useful property - the meat is completely hypoallergenic. It can be eaten for young children, and during pregnancy.
Who is it bad for?
Turkey meat has practically no contraindications to its use, because its useful properties are simply impossible to count. However, nutritionists and gastroenterologists are advised to still be careful in the use of such meat. Firstly, turkey meat contains a large amount of sodium, so it is not necessary to salt the poultry during cooking. This is especially true for people suffering from hypertension.
Secondly, turkey meat contains a lot of protein, which is almost completely absorbed by our body. Therefore, for the sake of their own safety, eating poultry meat should be abandoned to people suffering from gout and renal failure. It is in these diseases that the protein cannot fully digest, but will accumulate in the intestine, thereby causing the processes of stagnation and decay. In other cases, eat turkey meat in any form and quantity.
How to cook a tasty turkey?
Modern housewives have come up with a huge number of recipes for cooking turkey. You can bake it whole or cook separate parts. Fillets are made from chopped cutlets, thighs and wings are baked in the sleeve, in foil or simply stewed in a saucepan. Regardless of which turkey cooking recipe you have chosen, in order for the meat to turn out to be truly tasty and fragrant, you need to know some secrets.
Experienced chefs and housewives gladly told us about some tricks of cooking turkey meat:
- Do not use too much salt, as turkey meat itself contains sodium. With excessive use of salt, you risk spoiling the dish, so it is better not to salt it.
- Bake turkey carcass better in the oven at a temperature threshold of 200 °. Please note that you need to bake meat for at least 3 hours.
- The best side dish for turkey meat will be canned green peas: tasty, nourishing and healthy.
- If you stick to a dietary diet, cook steamed poultry meat. To add flavor to the dish, you can use lemon zest or spices.
- If you want to bake a carcass, then stuff it with dried fruits, nuts, fruits, potatoes, rice. Very well with meat of this bird any vegetables are combined.
- To make the turkey spicy during baking, use wine or champagne.
- A whole turkey is best marinated, but to give it a specific flavor and taste, you need to cook the marinade and keep it in poultry for 2-3 days.
- If you need to cook a tasty turkey meat in a hurry, then instead of a marinade, make a mixture of garlic cloves, olive oil and fragrant rosemary. Prepare the mixture thoroughly rub the carcass and leave for a couple of hours.
- To prevent the meat from drying out during baking, constantly water it with juice that remains on the baking sheet.
- To preserve all the beneficial properties of turkey meat, it is better to cook it in a sleeve or in foil.
Unfortunately, turkey meat in our country has not received such popularity as chicken, although for its beneficial properties and taste, turkey is considered the queen among birds. Try to enter a turkey in your diet, and you will definitely notice how your well-being will improve and that extra kilograms will begin to melt right in front of your eyes.