Nail fungus is one of the most common diseases that can occur at any age. The causative agent of the disease in most cases are dermatophyte fungi.
In addition to aesthetic discomfort, nail fungus can spread to the skin and even affect the internal organs. Appearing on the nails of the feet, the fungus leads to delamination and yellowing of the nail plates.
It causes intoxication of the body, reduces immunity, can trigger the onset of allergies or exacerbation of chronic diseases. Therefore, at the first signs of toenail fungus, you should immediately consult a dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Preparations for the treatment of fungus toenails
To combat the fungus of the toenails, the following drugs are usually prescribed: systemic antimycotics, topical antifungal drugs, antifungal varnishes. But do not forget that to establish the degree of damage and the condition of the nails, the type of fungus for the appointment of certain drugs can only be a qualified specialist. The treatment of toenail nail fungus is most often in the use of general action and local preparations.
In case of slightly damaged nails, it is enough to use a local antifungal drug. These include Exoderil, Mikospor, Nizoral or Lamisil. Such drugs are usually produced in the form of solutions, drops, creams or ointments. Put them on the affected parts of the nail 2 p. in a day. But before that it is desirable to conduct training.
In warm water you need to dissolve 50 g of soap and 1 tbsp. l baking soda. In this solution, lower the feet and support for 15 minutes. With the help of pumice, remove the softened growths from the nails and only after that use the preparation, sticking a waterproof plaster and leaving it until the next procedure. Then again make a soap-soda solution and cut down all the sick parts of the nail. It is necessary to do such manipulations until healthy nails grow back.
When the disease is severely neglected, and the fungus struck all the toenails, antifungal drugs are prescribed for ingestion. These are Orungal, Lamisil, Duflakan and others similar to them. Along with systemic therapy, Batrafen lacquer can be applied to the nails. But these drugs have their own contraindications. They can not be taken with kidney and liver diseases, hormonal drugs and during pregnancy.
How to quickly cure nail fungus on the legs?
- If possible, it is best to seek help from a mycologist or a dermatologist. Only after the analysis of the nail bed to determine the type of parasite is prescribed treatment.
- At the beginning of the disease, you can get rid of nail fungus by applying antibacterial drugs 2 p. per day on the affected area. Heat treatment of the toenails and the use of anti-fungal ointments is carried out until healthy nails appear without any signs of damage. Well-known antifungal drugs are used after consulting a doctor. At the initial stage of the disease, they are very effective.
- If the entire thickness of the nail bed is affected, local application of such agents is complemented by strong anti-myotics, which are taken orally.
- But any disease is better to prevent than to cure. For the prevention of nail fungus on the legs, it is necessary to use rubber slippers when visiting the sauna or swimming pool, do not wear someone else's shoes and do not walk barefoot on the beach, as sand is an ideal medium for the development of fungi, keep personal hygiene, change stockings or socks daily. When the external signs of the disease disappear, it is necessary to pass control tests to make sure that the treatment of nail fungus was successful.
Folk treatment of nail foot fungus
To quickly cope with the disease of nail fungus, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine.
- Prepare a soap-soda bath. To do this, line up the ordinary laundry soap and pour it into the bucket. Pour some water in there and put on the fire so that the soap melts. Pour hot water into the basin so that you can tolerate it. Add baking soda to the water and pour in the prepared soap. Keep your feet in the bath for 15 minutes to steam out your feet. After processing the nail plates damaged by the fungus, nail pieces, then file them with a file, and then apply the prescribed medication. Such baths should be done until healthy nails grow.
- In the treatment of toenail fungus, a compress with oak bark will also be a good remedy. Calendula, celandine oak bark, put in a thermos. Then fill them with boiling water and leave to infuse. Strain the infusion. Take a bandage that is long enough to cover all your fingers. Put the cotton in a bandage and close it with a bandage. Moisten the resulting cotton-gauze bandage with filtered infusion and put them on the affected nails. Maintain a compress for 15 minutes.
- You can also make a bath with sea salt. Pour hot water into the basin and dissolve the sea salt. Soar your legs in it, doing it regularly.
- Garlic ointment will also have a good effect. To create it in soft butter squeeze garlic. Stir the mixture. Apply this ointment on damaged nails, support for 15 minutes, and remove it with cotton wool. Each nail is well smeared with a cotton swab in propolis tincture. Repeat this procedure periodically.
- To get rid of the fungus forever and protect others from it, wipe the shoes with vinegar, made from diluted acetic essence with water in a ratio of 1 to 1, or alcohol. Nails can be treated with a cotton swab moistened with potassium permanganate.
The best treatment for a disease of toenail fungus is prevention. Therefore, engage in the strengthening of immunity, because healthy nails are very difficult to get a fungus. At the first signs of the disease, be sure to consult a doctor.