Scandinavians are convinced that the food of the gods is herring and oats. However, the second component of an unusual duet is also a powerful drug. No wonder modern pharmacy actively includes such a cereal in a number of drugs. Traditional medicine, moreover, does not stand aside, because home-made treatment with oats has proven effectiveness.
The secret to equine viking health
The ancient Romans understood that the success of their military campaigns was largely dependent on the health of the horses, so they fed them grain. But the Vikings themselves were happy to eat porridge and drank decoctions based on oats. The British wisely adopted the experience of their ancestors: for a long time the classic British breakfast necessarily includes oatmeal, and pedigreed racers are grown on selected grain. In Russia, cereal dishes became particularly popular during the reign of Peter I.
What is the secret of such a wide distribution of oats? First of all, in unpretentiousness: "There is no thin earth for oats," proverb says. And, of course, in the beneficial properties of this culture, such as:
- lowering the level of "bad" cholesterol;
- normalization of blood sugar levels;
- excretion of fluid from the body and reduction of edema;
- disposal of toxins;
- cough relief;
- removing chills at elevated body temperature;
- beneficial effect on the thyroid gland;
- strengthening the nervous system;
- increased hemoglobin;
- strengthening the protective abilities of the body.
What diseases does cereal cure?
Oats are used to treat a variety of diseases, and many doctors in their recommendations the use of decoctions, tinctures or even cereals put in the first place, before pharmaceutical preparations. Cereal provides assistance with:
- some diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (not associated with high acidity);
Undoubted benefit to the body is home oat treatment for liver diseases:
- fatty hepatosis.
In what form to take?
The most common forms of eating oats (after cereal, of course) are decoction and jelly.
How to cook a decoction?
A universal method of receiving oats is considered a decoction.
- 2 tbsp. oat grains;
- 1 l of filtered water.
Preparation and use:
- In the evening, pour the grain water.
- In the morning we put on a slow fire or water bath.
- Boil for 1-2 hours.
- Strain it, let it cool.
- Accept fresh, that is, for 1 day, dividing the volume into 3 servings. The next day, preparing a fresh broth.
It is to this drink that many residents of besieged Leningrad owe their salvation. Kissel is well absorbed and restores vital energy.
- 3 tbsp. oats;
- 1.5 liters of water.
- Grains pour 1 liter of water.
- Let stand 8-10 hours.
- We put on a small fire, boil for 40-50 minutes.
- Drain the liquid.
- Cake pour the remaining water, again set on fire.
- After 30 minutes, filter.
- Merge both portions in one bowl, boil for 10 minutes. Kissel is ready.
In some diseases of the liver (cirrhosis, hepatitis), you can use a slightly modified version of the decoction.
- 100 grams of unpeeled oats;
- 3 liters of water.
Preparation and use:
- Fill the oats with water.
- We put on medium heat, boil for 20 minutes with the lid open.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Take the need to 0.5 liters per day, divided into 3 servings, seizing 1 tbsp. l honey The course of treatment is 2 months. Then follows a monthly break and a repeat. At the same time you need to refrain from fatty foods and alcohol.
This method of preparation of healing "potions" is especially useful for gastritis and hepatitis.
- ½ tbsp. oats;
- 0.5 liters of water;
- 150 ml low-fat milk.
Preparation and use:
- Grain fill with water.
- Boil over low heat until the volume of water is halved.
- Strain it, let it cool to room temperature and pour it into warmed milk.
- Accept during the day. The course of treatment is 1 month, with a break of 2 weeks and repeat therapy. Every day the infusion is prepared anew.
Despite the rather formal nature of contraindications to oats treatment, some patients still have to pay special attention to them. In particular, those diagnosed with:
- cardiovascular failure;
- renal failure;
- gallbladder removed;
- there is an individual intolerance to cereal.
To explain the last point, you need to refer to the composition of oats. The fact is that, in addition to vitamins A, E, F, K, group B, as well as iron, potassium, selenium, zinc, etc., the composition of cereal includes bioactive substances that can cause allergic reactions.
Many turn to traditional medicine when they do not want to go to the clinic for medical treatment. Broths and infusions of oats help even in cases of impotence of drug therapy. Quite a few patients suffering from duodenal ulcers and complaining of enlarged liver, note that after a month of taking oat decoction and dieting, they felt a significant relief, which did not occur after several weeks of taking the medicine. Moreover, some of them have forgotten about their ailments for a couple of years.
Separately, it is worthwhile to dwell on the reviews about the treatment with oats, which are left by the elderly. They speak not only about the elimination of symptoms of diseases (gastritis, pancreatitis, hepatitis), but also about improving the general condition of the body, a surge of strength.
Health care must be systematic. Home prevention and treatment with oats is an affordable and effective way to cope with a variety of gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Preparing these tools is easy, and besides, adding certain components, you can diversify the fresh taste of cereal.