Osteoporosis is one type of osteoarthritis., which is characterized by atrophy and rarefaction of bone tissue. There is an opinion that only elderly people suffer from osteoporosis, but this is not true; age does not matter here.
Osteoporosis can be detected by self-diagnosis: in its absence, the reach of a person’s arms must be equal to his height. Also signs of the disease include the appearance of back pain, stoop, ailments in wrist and hip joints, gum looseness, as well as uncomfortable sensations when staying for a long time in the same posture, fatigue during physical exertion.
Peculiarities of osteoporosis in women
- Osteoporosis is a disease that can lead to frequent fractures of the limbs. Women suffering from this disease, can not lead a normal life: there is quite a small injury, in its place there was a fracture.
- The risk of acquiring the disease increases greatly during menopause, hormonal changes in the body are reflected in the state of the bone tissue. If a woman had osteoporosis before the onset of menopause, then at the time of its occurrence, the disease progresses very quickly.
- According to studies, in the period of menopause, almost half of all women have bone density decreased by 1-15%, and all this in just 1 year! The second half of the studied, changes in bone density was not detected.
- The process of bone thinning in women begins after 30 years, and by the age of 70, it is possible to completely lose almost 1/3 of the total bone mass! Men are less likely to be affected by this disease - their bones are much stronger than the female due to the special male hormones - androgens.
Symptoms of osteoporosis
At first, the disease itself does not manifest itself, most often the diagnosis is detected only after a severe fracture. The only symptom can only be prolonged back pain. But most often patients blame this symptom for fatigue and do not go to the hospital.
To identify the disease you need to pay attention to the appearance of teeth, hair, nails. When a disease occurs, the nails become brittle, the hair splits, and the teeth acquire a translucent color around the edges. If sometimes your legs are cramping, then this can also refer to signs of illness - it is better to go for an examination.
Osteoporosis and its diagnosis
Bone density can be quickly and completely painlessly determined using densitometry and X-ray.
The first procedure helps in determining the bone mineral density, as well as in predicting the risk of fractures. These manipulations take the main place in identifying the disease at the initial stage of development, when there was no fracture.-
Radiography, on the other hand, can establish the disease already at a developing stage, after a fracture has occurred.
You can consult with a physician, as well as a gynecologist, a rheumatologist and an endocrinologist.
Treatment and prevention of osteoporosis in women
- If you have found osteoporosis, then urgently review your diet and lifestyle! Start taking the required amount of vitamin D and calcium, as well as drugs that affect the increase in bone density. The rate of calcium intake is as follows: for women during and after menopause - 1500 mg, the same rate is provided for men over 50 years.
- Enter into your exercise mode: light loads, walks in the fresh air, improving the blood circulation of the whole body.
- You should also avoid curvature of the spine, it is best to provide support for the back - it can serve as the back of the sofa, chair, chair for a longer time of day. It is necessary to sleep on a solid, level surface with a head elevation of 30 °. Replace bags and bags with backpacks.
- In public transport it is better to stand, holding the upper rail with both hands. Shoes choose sports, without heels and elastic soles. Clothing should be light, not constraining movements. For tight pants, jackets and skirts, prefer knitwear.
Osteoporosis treatment with folk remedies
- In folk medicine, a prophylactic against osteoporosis is practiced, such as drinking 1 time a day. onion soup. The recipe of its preparation is very simple - clean 2 large onions, chop and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown appears. Then put the fried onions together with the husks into the pan, pour all 1 l of water, put them on the fire, bring to the boil and boil for 15 m, then let it brew for 30 m, and then throw away the husk.
- The resulting soup should be divided into 3 equal parts, one of which should be eaten on the same day, and the remaining 2 - in the remaining 2 days, and they should be stored in a refrigerator and heated before use.
- Here's another several means of traditional medicine to help combat osteoporosis.
- Wine and rye flour. It is necessary to take 250 grams of rye flour and 250 grams of red wine. You need to make dough from flour (on a dough or on yeast), and put the wine on low heat and remove the heat to 60 ºС. Heated wine should be rubbed into the affected area with massage movements until the skin turns red, and then apply the dough with a gauze cover to the body and cover with a thick layer of cotton wool. The duration of this procedure is 50 minutes. The course duration is from 5 to 10 days, but it is better to make such manipulations every other day.
- Burdock treatment. Slightly warm up 30 g of red wine (best of all is Cagoras) and rub them a sore spot, put 2-3 freshly torn leaves of burdock on top, cover everything with a feather scarf and put a heating pad on top. It is necessary to hold such a compress for 2 hours, the course of treatment is 4 weeks, and these procedures should be performed no more than 2 times a week.
- Vodka compress. 100 g of chamomile flowers and grass clover need to pour 0.5 liters of vodka and insist 3 days. After this time, apply a compress to the affected area overnight, the course of such treatment lasts 2 weeks.
- Birch bud compress. 200 g of birch buds pour 0.5 liters of vodka and leave for a week. Compress to impose on all night, repeat such manipulations should be every evening for a month.
If you have found symptoms of osteoporosis in yourself or your close ones, do not in any case postpone the visit to the doctor., because the disease does not stand still, it progresses! And the best thing is to engage in its prevention - follow the correct diet and often walk in the fresh air!