Periodically or constantly aches a stomach (especially at the left under an edge)? Sometimes heartburn, bloating, constipation and nausea? These symptoms can remind you of pancreatitis. This is a common disease, so it does not hurt to find out how the treatment of chronic pancreatitis (drugs, diet) and how to remove the attack.
Chronic pancreatitis: who is ill with them, how and what is the treatment aimed at?
Inflammation of the pancreas - an organ that plays a leading role in ensuring normal digestion, is called "pancreatitis." It usually has a chronic course, develops in middle-aged and elderly people, and most often affects women. But men suffer from this ailment (mostly lovers of extra drinks).
The pancreas is a rather large organ. Every day it produces about 500-700 ml of pancreatic fluid containing enzymes. These substances are involved in the digestion of food. If inflammation begins in the pancreas, pancreatitis develops, the activity of enzyme secretion decreases, blood circulation deteriorates, connective tissue grows and deforms, and scars are formed. Iron ceases to perform its functions normally, which negatively affects the vital activity of the whole organism.
The treatment in this case has the following goals:
- elimination of toxins;
- pain relief;
- elimination of symptoms of the disease;
- reduction of the inflammatory process;
- regulation of digestive functions;
- diet therapy.
Disease therapy: drugs and their regimen
The gastroenterologist deals with the problems of disorders in the pancreas. Acute pancreatitis is treated in the hospital, chronic - on an outpatient basis.
Drug treatment of chronic pancreatitis begins with the appointment of a diet. The patient should be excluded from the menu alcohol, fatty dishes, hot spices, smoked meats. In order not to burden the pancreas, eating should be a little, but often. In remission, therapy with such drugs is carried out:
- vitamins of group A, E, D, E, B-complex;
- enzyme and cholagogue agents - Creon, Festal, Pancytrat, Digestal. You may have to take them for life;
- if there are disturbances in the intestinal function, the doctor also prescribes prokinetics - Domperidone, Duodenostasis, Tsisaprid;
- if the pain worries - Gastrocepin, Ranitidine.
If there was an attack: treatment in SOS mode
Treatment of chronic pancreatitis in the acute phase is carried out in the hospital, as the patient needs professional help, timely and correct treatment of the developing complications, continuous monitoring of hemodynamics.-
In the acute stage, the following drugs are prescribed:
- m-honalitics to relieve severe pain - Atropine (0.1% 1 ml), Platyfillinigidrotartrat (0.2% 2 ml subcutaneously), Methylene (0.1% to 2 ml), Chlorosyl, Gastrotsepin;
- H2 blockers (if the pain continues) - Famotidine (60 mg per day), Ranitidine (300 mg);
- intramuscularly - No-shpa, Fenikaberan, Analgin, Papaverin, Baralgin;
- antacids - Almagel, Nastal, Fosfalyugel (daily dose - up to 6 times);
- in the absence of positive dynamics, lytic compositions are used - Novocain (100 ml 0, 25%), Atropine sulfate (1 ml 0.1%), Eufillin (1 ml 2.4%), Cocarboxylase (100 mg), Magnesium sulfate (from 5 up to 10 ml of 25%), baralgin (5 ml), diphenhydramine (1-2 ml of 1%), papaverine (from 2 to 4 ml of 2%);
- if the patient’s condition is extremely difficult - Promedol (1%);
- to suppress the activity of pancreas-produced substances - Trasipol, Gordox, Kontrykal, Methyluracil, Pentoxyl (the last two drugs - for 3-4 weeks 4 times a day);
- droppers - 5% epsilon-aminocaproic acid (100-200 ml);
- drugs with antikinin effect - Prodektin, Parimidin (course of therapy from 1 to 2 months);
- for balancing blood levels of trypsin and amylase - Peritol (4 mg three times a day). This will help arrest the pain and eliminate the urge to vomit;
- replacement therapy (aimed at compensating for the deteriorated work of the secret-producing organ) - Panzinorm, Creon, Festal, Digestal, Mezim Forte, Vigeratin, Pancreatin, Pancurmen. Such drugs drink after saturation of 3 things. They provide the following effect: they return to normal stool, relieve nausea, eliminate flatulence, and have a positive effect on general well-being;
- vitamins B6, B12.
If you detect manifestations of toxemia at the end of the main treatment intravenously, Gemodez, Gemodez-N may appear in the list of prescriptions.
Is it acceptable to treat chronic pancreatitis at home?
Self-treatment of chronic pancreatitis at home is allowed only with the consent of the doctor and as additional measures to prevent the exacerbation of the disease. Alternatives can only be used by adults. Replace some medications permissible by decoction of herbs that improve the excretion of bile (they are prepared from tansy, dandelion, chamomile, immortelle, knotweed), anti-inflammatory tinctures (from plantain) and special nutrition. A slight anesthetic effect is given by the following plants: turnip, zopnik, plantain, motherwort, yarrow, chamomile, dried eggs.
The main rules to alleviate the condition for pancreatitis are three conditions: hunger, cold and rest. If the pain increases and the symptoms worsen, then an ambulance should be called in urgently.
Pancreatitis is a very serious ailment with which jokes are bad. Inflammation of the pancreas can result in its necrosis, diabetes mellitus, the appearance of cancer tumors and even the death of the patient. Therefore, it is better to abandon any initiative! All of the above medications are allowed to be used only for the purpose of the gastroenterologist after the examination and diagnosis has been made. If chronic pancreatitis is detected, the patient is obliged to constantly and regularly (at least 1 time per year) to undergo an ultrasound examination.