Manifestations such as abdominal pain, heartburn, bitter belching, gas in the stomach and a feeling of distention, as if you are bursting now, as well as a yellow patina on the tongue, unfortunately, are familiar to many. It's no secret that such symptoms indicate violations of the gastrointestinal tract. Today we will talk about what is the reflux of bile in the stomach and what are the methods of treatment of this disease.
Throwing bile into the stomach: what is it?
Our digestive tract is designed in such a way that when we eat, the movement of food in the body is directed only in one direction: mouth, esophagus, stomach, duodenum, intestine. The return of all that we ate is hampered by special circular muscles - sphincters, in other words, valves. That is how it should be. And the bile in the normal state of the liver, where it is excreted, must enter the intestine.
But if the function of the sphincters is impaired, then there is a mechanical pressure on the duodenum, which causes the bile to move in the opposite direction. This is the reflux of bile into the stomach. This unpleasant process is known to medicine under the name of gastric duodenal reflux.
Causes of pathology
There are the following reasons causing bile in the stomach:
- obstruction of the biliary tract;
- gastrointestinal tract pathology, for example, a malignant or benign tumor, as well as a hernia;
- injuries of the peritoneal organs;
- surgical intervention, for example, cholecystectomy;
- receiving antispasmodic medications.
In addition, the reason for the reflux of bile often happens by ourselves when we transmit and gain excessive weight (obesity), smoke and drink it all with strong coffee, and even worse, with alcoholic beverages.
Whatever the reasons for causing the bile to enter the stomach, the patient displays the following symptoms:
- intractable pain in the abdomen (the patient is not able to accurately determine the place where it hurts);
- burning in the chest area;
- yellowing of the surface of the tongue;
- bitterness in mouth, belching;
- heaviness in the stomach, gas;
And if you have these symptoms, then it's time to visit a gastroenterologist and begin treatment.
There are several ways to treat duodenal-gastric reflux:
- folk remedies.
Consider them in more detail.
It should be immediately noted that the appearance of bile in the stomach is, in fact, also a symptom, and not the disease itself. It is necessary to treat the underlying disease, which is not always possible immediately, because it is difficult to diagnose. In this connection, as a rule, symptomatic treatment is primarily carried out. The manifestation of the disease is reduced, the clinical picture is improving, and the patient's life is easier.
The following drugs are usually prescribed for this treatment:
- Motilium is a selective prokinetic that promotes gastric emptying and increases muscle tone - sphincters;
- Rabeprazole (pump-proton inhibitor) or Almagel (antacid) - reduce the level of acidity in the stomach;
- Ursofalk (ursodeoxycholic acid) - stops vomiting and eliminates bitterness in the mouth.
Treatment of folk remedies
The reflux of bile into the stomach is also treated by many people using international medicine. Here are the most effective ones:
- Regularly drink a decoction of soothing herbs (valerian, hawthorn), engage in aromatherapy and auto-training to increase the body's resistance to stress.
- Before eating, you need to drink hot berry tea from wild rose or red mountain ash, viburnum or currant (you can brew alternately). After eating, drink an infusion of choleretic herbs (birch leaves, immortelle, dandelion). It will relieve abdominal pain.
- To restore the function of sphincter, you need to eat garlic or garlic-like products.
- For five evenings, with a repetition in two weeks, we carry out the following procedure: 15 drops of wormwood infusion are stuck in ½ tsp. honey We are waiting for 15 minutes. Next, 15 drops of wormwood with ½ tbsp. hot boiled water. Two hours we lay on a hot-water bottle. After that, you need to take 5 tablets of activated carbon, washed down with hot water.
Diet for throwing bile into the stomach
With a disease such as gastric duodenal reflux, be sure to put yourself on a diet. There is no time for culinary delights. First, it is important to learn how to eat properly and regularly:
- meals should be fractional and non-abundant - up to 4 times a day;
- replace fried, spicy and fatty dishes baked, boiled and stewed;
- it is necessary to refuse coffee, chocolate, alcohol, muffin, rich broths, sour juices;
- in the morning on an empty stomach is recommended to drink a glass of warm water.
Here, perhaps, is all that we need to know about the causes, symptoms, and methods of treating bile in the stomach. The disease is, of course, unpleasant, but curable. The main thing is a positive attitude. Take the disease as a means to strengthen the fortitude with the installation: "Everything will be fine." Be healthy, love life and take care of yourself!