In the cold season, colds infections are common, often resulting in sore throat. Most often, these diseases are viral in nature and are usually cured in four to five days. At the same time, the pharyngeal symptoms are often very painful, up to difficulties with swallowing. What throat spray is cheap and effective?
Benefits and effectiveness of funds
For the symptomatic treatment of a pathological condition such as a sore throat, topical preparations are widely used. Recently, fine dispersers, so-called sprays for sublingual administration of the drug, have become particularly widespread.
The medicine is contained in a special canister equipped with a micropump and microproper. When it is pressed on the dispenser, it is sprayed and irrigates the mucous surface of the inflamed parts of the throat. Let us highlight the main advantages of such a supply of medicine to the lesion:
- a high concentration of the drug at the site of inflammation is the basis of the effectiveness of therapeutic effects;
- the drug begins to act immediately after its use;
- the drug does not have a complex effect on the body, does not enter the circulatory system, as a result of which it has a small number of contraindications.
Types of Throat Sprays
Sprays can have different effects on the inflamed mucous membrane of the throat, and this depends on the composition of the drug. There are these types of spray for the throat:
- antiseptic action;
- moisturizing action based on sea water.
In order to avoid the development of laryngospasms, throat sprays are not allowed for use in children under three years of age. In addition, the use of sprays in such cases is not recommended:
- in case of an allergic response of the organism to the active ingredients of the medicinal product or in case of intolerance of any of the ingredients;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- in the case of atrophic pharyngitis, the use of preparations based on alcohol and other substances that promote dryness of the mucous membrane of the larynx surface is excluded.
Detailed information about contraindications and side effects of a drug you can always find in the booklet-instructions, which is attached to the medication. For further clarification, you need to contact your doctor.
How to use sprays?
In order for the medicine to have the maximum possible effect, as well as to prolong its pharmacological action, you should correctly use the spray:
- in order to ensure access of the medicine to the site of inflammation, before applying it, it is necessary to clean the mucous membrane of pus accumulations by rinsing;
- irrigate the throat with the drug by inserting the nebulizer into the mouth, alternately directing it to the left and right sides;
- during use of the spray, breathing should be delayed to prevent the ingress of medication into the respiratory tract;
- after application, it is necessary to refrain from swallowing the saliva secreted for 2-3 minutes;
- The preferred time to use the spray is at least 30 minutes before meals.
Which drug to choose?
The desire of any person is to purchase the most effective and inexpensive universal medicine. Unfortunately, it does not always work out the way you want. First of all, this is due to the fact that there are no sublingual sprays of universal action. Therefore, when buying a medicine, we suggest using the following recommendations:-
- For the treatment of bacterial infections, you will need an antibiotic throat spray;
- viral infection will help defeat the drug anti-inflammatory effects with anesthetic effect;
- chronic conditions of the larynx are treated with spray coatings with a moisturizing effect.
Overview of available and effective drugs
Let's take a look at the most popular and effective throat sprays.
It is an antibiotic spray for throat and nose. It is used for symptomatic therapy in the treatment of fungal and bacterial infections and has a powerful anti-edema effect without a systemic effect on the body. The tool has a minimal amount of side effects. However, with prolonged or regular use, resistance to the preparation of pathological microflora can be developed.
The price of the drug per package is 400 DOZ 10 ml, depending on the manufacturer, 490-580 rubles.
Spray for throat "Miramistin" has an antiseptic and antiviral effect, and also stimulates the activity of immune cells. The use of this drug is allowed even for pregnant women. However, its prolonged use, more than 10 days, can lead to a violation of the natural microflora of the oral cavity.
Price spray with a volume of 150 ml is 350-380 rubles.
This drug is based on propolis. It has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as a bactericidal effect. The tool does not violate the natural microflora. It contains glycerin, which moisturizes and envelops the mucous surface. The price of "Protable" 50 g is 180-200 rubles.
Here are some reviews about throat sprays left by users:
- Alevtina: "In my opinion, today there is simply no alternative to sprays and aerosols for throats. This is the most effective way to alleviate the painful symptoms and discomfort associated with them as quickly as possible."
- Eugene: "Spray is very convenient. Firstly, you can always have it with you, secondly, the use of the product does not require any additional conditions, and thirdly, the sprays are effective. The main thing is to choose the right means."
As you probably noticed, not all sprays are equally suitable for different types of infections. To eliminate the effect of guessing when choosing a drug, it is better to rely on the opinion and experience of professionals. Be healthy!