Many of us in our backyard are actively fighting weeds. One of them is a plant with prickles and purple inflorescences. We diligently remove it and try to eradicate it completely, without even knowing what benefit it can bring to our health. If you have not guessed it, then it is a question of a thistle. And what are the healing properties of milk thistle? The benefits and harms of this plant have been studied for decades. Currently, milk thistle extract is widely used in the treatment of various diseases.
Thistle oil: the benefits and harm
For the preparation of traditional medicine used seeds, stems, leaves, and even rhizome of milk thistle. This plant is also called a frog or milk thistle. In the study of the useful properties of milk thistle, it was found that the plant contains about 400 components and biologically active elements.
Today, in pharmacies, milk thistle in capsules, oil, dried stems and rhizomes can be purchased. The choice depends on the scope and method of application of such means of traditional medicine.
Despite the fact that almost all parts of the milk thistle can be used in medicine, oil has gained greater popularity and recognition. It is really appreciated for its component composition. Thus, the oil contains the following elements, useful and fortified substances:
- vitamins of groups b, e and d;
- saturated acids;
It is possible to list all the substances contained in the oil from the seeds of milk thistle, almost indefinitely. Believe me, this is the means of traditional medicine that is truly considered a treasure trove of vitamins, macro- and microelements, which have a beneficial effect on the human body.
When can I take milk thistle seed oil?
Most people use thistle seed oil for poisoning. It helps to eliminate toxins and get rid of the disease and associated symptoms. In addition, the oil can be used in such cases:
- with liver diseases;
- in the presence of pathologies of the gallbladder;
- as a wound healing agent;
- for healing ulcers on the skin;
- when changing the level of blood pressure;
- in various diseases of the female reproductive system, in particular, erosion of the cervical uterus and vaginitis of any degree;
- to normalize the level of sugar, especially well absorbed by the body oil in people suffering from diabetes;
- in order to maintain skin tone and enrich it with nutrients;
- to relieve toothache;
- with the development of varicose veins;
- for the treatment of diarrhea.
What they say about the oil in the capsules?
In order to properly take the oil from the seeds of milk thistle in its pure form, you need to know the proportions and observe the frequency of intake. In pharmacies, you can purchase this oil in the form of capsules. They should be taken only in accordance with the instructions.
Thus, capsules containing the oil extract of milk Thistle are used in the development of the following pathologies:
- fatty hepatosis;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- hepatitis of various forms;
Useful properties of the oil help to cope with toxic damage to liver cells, including alcohol poisoning.
Despite the entire list of useful properties of such a means of traditional medicine, not all people are allowed to take it. Before you use thistle seed oil, consult with your healthcare professional because you may belong to a group of people who are categorically contraindicated.-
So, oil from thistle seeds, including in capsules, is not recommended to be taken in such cases:
- With pronounced individual intolerance of any active ingredient.
- With the development of diseases of the biliary tract, especially in the presence of gallstones, as the oil has a strong choleretic effect.
- In the presence of pathologies of the digestive system. With prolonged and unbalanced intake of thistle seed oil, diarrhea, nausea, and frequent vomiting can occur. In this case, you should stop taking the funds and immediately contact the attending specialist.
- Reception of such means is not allowed to children under the age of three years.
- Pregnant women should take oil only if they have individual indications and after consulting with an obstetrician-gynecologist. It is also extremely cautious to take oil during lactation.
- With the development of cardiovascular diseases in the acute form. Before taking you should consult with your doctor, because the active components of the seeds of milk Thistle can have a negative impact on the work of the heart valve.
Buy milk thistle seed oil only at pharmacies. Carefully study the packaging and pay attention to the expiration date. In no case can not take oil, the shelf life of which has long expired, otherwise you can cause irreparable harm to your health.
How to take the drug?
The dosage of oil from the seeds of milk thistle must be calculated taking into account the disease and the purpose of receiving such funds. If you are taking the oil for prophylactic purposes, then the dosage should not exceed 1 tsp per day. Course duration can be up to two months, but then you definitely need to take a break.
If you take thistle seed oil to treat liver and duodenal diseases, then the daily dose should not exceed two teaspoons. It is recommended to take oil 30 minutes before meals. The duration of treatment in this case is 1 month. Similarly, the dosage is calculated for the treatment of pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
Oil can also be used for enemas. In this case, no more than 30 g is injected inside. Thistle oil helps to get rid of hemorrhoids. As already mentioned, it is widely used in the treatment of burns, skin wounds and ulcers. To do this, make compresses, that is, apply a gauze cut or a cloth soaked in oil to the affected skin.
If you take milk thistle seed oil to cleanse the body or eliminate constipation, it is recommended to use the drug on an empty stomach. Oil has almost no taste, so you will not experience discomfort. Also, thistle oil or capsules can be taken to lose weight. In this case, the dosage should be calculated by a nutritionist. If you started taking the drug yourself, then follow the directions in the pharmacological instructions.
Reviews on the effectiveness of milk Thistle oil
About thistle seed oil can make legends. This medicinal plant has a truly miraculous effect on our body. In various forums and portals there are many reviews of people who took both oil, and powder, and capsules.
According to reviews, milk thistle seed oil is taken by people who suffer from any hepatic pathologies. Many of them consider this remedy really effective, since the oil not only removes toxins, but also promotes cell regeneration.
Some of the fair sex leave feedback that the oil from milk thistle helped them in the fight against obesity. With the right dosage and balanced nutrition in one month it takes up to 4 extra pounds. Oil intake helps to cleanse the body, normalize metabolic processes, in addition, it has a beneficial effect on our skin. In many reviews, you can find information that the girls really noticed the difference: the skin condition has improved a lot, immunity has increased, and not a trace has been left of the former fatigue and irritability.
In some reviews, women and men talk about the fact that, in addition to butter, they took a powder made from milk thistle seeds. It has a similar effect on the body. For convenience, many people choose capsules, especially since they can be purchased at any pharmacy.
No wonder one wise man once said that the pharmacy is under our feet. Indeed, many plants and even weeds have healing properties. Milk thistle can take absolutely healthy people for preventive purposes. If you want to improve your health, improve immunity and cleanse the body of toxins, then take milk thistle in any form convenient for you. Be healthy!