Milk thistle meal is the seeds of the plant ground into flour. You probably already know the beneficial properties of this unique weed, but today we will touch on the use of milk thistle. For a start, let's see if thistle meal is beneficial and harmful, and how to take it properly.
Pros and Cons of milk thistle
By itself, milk thistle contains potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, iodine, chromium, boron. All vitamins of group B, vitamins K, E, D. And also fat-soluble flavonoids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, carotinoids, biogenic amines. And to all the above advantages add fiber, which is contained in the meal and improves intestinal motility.
Harm of thistle meal depends on how to take it. There may be diarrhea as a side effect. Also, due to the high content of calcium and phosphorus, the heart valve is sometimes impaired, for the same reason you should not take it for asthma and shortness of breath. Also need to be careful with stones in the gallbladder and kidneys. Milk thistle helps cleanse these organs and can cause movement of the stones. Very rare, but still thistle allergy.
Indications for use
Thistle meal is used:
- in hepatology for cirrhosis, hepatitis, dystrophy when exposed to alcohol, radiation, because there are essential fatty acids in the rasprotsha;
- in toxicology in case of poisoning with intoxication, as well as in case of toxicosis in pregnant women;
- in cardiovascular diseases, as it helps to restore the heart muscle;
- in oncology for the removal of radionuclides after chemotherapy and radiation therapy;
- in endocrinology for the treatment of diabetes mellitus and obesity, as it restores fat metabolism and blood glucose levels;
- in dermatology from psoriasis, acne, baldness;
- to improve the flow of bile;
- from hemorrhoids and constipation.
How to take a healing decoction?
Thistle meal is taken for medical purposes and for prevention. For the purpose of treatment, they drink it 1 tsp, washed down with warm water, half an hour before meals 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 40 days. Then they take a break - 2 weeks and repeat the course.-
For prevention, the meal is taken on an empty stomach 1 tsp, washed down with water for a month. Of course, the dosage may vary depending on the disease, weight and age of the patient. It is worth checking with your doctor.
We study the contraindications
There are no strict contraindications for taking the drug, but it is worth being careful with disorders of the central nervous system, cardiovascular diseases, kidney stones and biliary tract. Also, a contraindication may be pregnancy and age up to 3 years.
Thistle meal can be consumed not only with a glass of water, but also in soups, salads, baking. At the same time its useful properties are not lost. It can also be combined with taking any other drugs.
Keep your body healthy with herbal herbs, but do not forget to consult a doctor! Be healthy!