The main focus of therapy with iodide-bromine baths is the treatment of diseases of the spine, which are complicated by problems of the cardiovascular system. The key effect of its passage is sedation, as a result of which it is possible to remove any manifestations of neurosis: irritability, irrational fear, tension. Who needs this treatment, and to whom it is contraindicated? Is it possible to take bromine bath at home?
Indications and contraindications for iodine-bromine baths
It is important to understand that iodine and bromine during bathing penetrate through the skin, as a result of which they have a minimal effect on other body systems that need these elements: in particular, on the thyroid gland, metabolic processes. The indications for the use of iodide bromine baths are:
- intervertebral hernia;
- spinal problems (curvature, instability, displacement of the vertebrae);
- joint problems (changes in the volume of the inter-articular fluid, abrasion of cartilage, etc.);
- cardiovascular diseases;
- metabolic disorders up to obesity;
- problems of the central and peripheral nervous systems;
- chronic diseases of the genitourinary system;
- the need to remove skin irritation and inflammation;
In addition, these baths can help relieve pain, relieve the condition during menopause. However, they may also have a negative side, which arises due to the increased effect of iodine and bromine on the body that does not need these elements. Contraindications to the use of iodide-bromine baths are called:
- exacerbation of heart disease, as well as the last stage of chronic;
- epileptic seizures, mental disorders, fever;
- chronic renal failure;
- malignant tumors, including cancer;
- internal inflammatory processes in the acute stage, as well as intoxication;
- pregnancy and individual intolerance to the main components of therapy;
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
- severe thyrotoxicosis.
Even in the absence of obvious contraindications, it is advisable to undergo a specialist consultation before starting a course, since, for all of its healing effect, the procedure is not completely safe and can worsen the patient's condition.
Preparation of iodide bromine baths at home
Therapy can be carried out both in a sanatorium and at home: for the latter, a special iodide-bromine bath salt is needed, which is diluted in plain or mineral (which is much more beneficial) water. Of course, at home often have to be content with water from the tap: in this case, it is desirable that it is well filtered.-
- At 1 liter of water should be at least 25 mg of bromine and 10 mg of iodine, so that the bath actually produces the necessary therapeutic effect. Concentration may be increased by recommendation of a physician.
- The water temperature is not higher than 37 degrees, it can be lowered for persons with cardiovascular problems.
The course duration is in the range from 15 to 20 methods of bathing, you need to be in the water for at least 10 minutes. and no longer than 15. An individual schedule is drawn up with a specialist.
Bromide bath: patient reviews
Opinion regarding such a balneological procedure in most patients (and doctors) was positive. Even home therapy, which is much less intensive than a sanatorium, gives positive results.
- Karina: As soon as the period of protracted stress begins, I renew the course of aromatherapy procedures and baths: I fall asleep with essential oils, and in the bathroom I use iodide-bromine salt, which I constantly buy at the pharmacy. Calms nerves almost instantly, sleep after it - stronger than any baby.
- Natalia: As far as I don’t like to just lie idle in a bath, preferring a shower to her, but it is a pleasure to carry out procedures with iodine-bromine salt, even though they are a necessity for me. Osteochondrosis, coupled with frequent pressure surges and migraines, is best treated with such simple methods rather than pills. After 15 minutes I feel reborn in the bath, even if I didn’t even have the strength to lift my arm or leg.
Iodine-bromine baths are a great way to improve your well-being even without indications specific to them: they perfectly relieve stress and fatigue, relax your head and mind, and improve sleep. For this, it is not necessary to take a whole course - just hold a few sessions. In addition, due to the low price of iodine-bromine salt, the procedure is available to everyone.