Almost everyone will answer the question about the role and importance of vitamins - extremely positive. It is believed that for any illnesses, ailments, changing seasons and stresses it is necessary to take them, and, the more, the better. But is it? And what is the true role of vitamins in the human body? And the most important question: how to choose vitamins?
What are vitamins?
Vitamins are a general term, a group that includes substances that are involved in all biological processes of the human body. They play the role of a catalyst that accelerates and regulates the processes of metabolism, thereby supporting the vital activity of man. If there is a supply of vitamins, they enter the body constantly and in the right proportions and quantities, then all the mechanisms work properly. As soon as even the most insignificant vitamin deficiency was formed, various kinds of malfunctions in the work of the organs and tissues of the body began.
So, without the necessary amount of vitamins, the brain, the liver cannot fully do its work, the hematopoietic system and many more work properly. other
Each vitamin has its own purpose and functions for which it is responsible. Consequently, it is impossible to replace one vitamin dr. - they are unique, unique and everything is needed! For these reasons, the human body, especially when it comes to children and adolescents, must constantly receive the right amount of these substances from the outside. There are some features of the need for vitamins of the female body.
Types of vitamins: scientific information
Science knows 13 types of vitamins, which are conventionally divided into 2 large groups - fat-soluble and water-soluble.
- Fat-soluble vitamins - A, E, K and D. They were united in this group not by chance, although these substances are different. Each of them is involved in various metabolic processes - fat, hormonal and mineral. There is a common trait, namely the ability to accumulate in the human body.
- The group of water-soluble vitamins include vitamins of group B, C, and N., unlike fat-soluble vitamins, this group of substances cannot accumulate in the human body. They should come with food daily. The only exception can be considered vitamin B12, which can accumulate. Water-soluble vitamins are necessary for the activation of biological processes.
- Vitamin C participates in metabolic processes (regulation of cholesterol metabolism), is able to increase the resistance (resistance) of the organism to external influences, contributes to a better absorption of iron. Vitamin C stores are small in the body, for these reasons it must be received daily. In the case of the formation of the lack of this substance, there is a decrease in the body's resistance to various infections, and its complete absence to the formation of scurvy.
- Vitamin B catalyzes the exchange of amino acids and fatty acids. It can have a diverse impact on the cardiovascular, endocrine and digestive tract. Lack of vitamin B is able to provoke nervous disorders.
- Vitamin B2 regulates the most important stages of metabolism, is able to improve visual acuity, positively affects the work of the nervous system, skin, mucous membranes and blood formation.
- Vitamin B3 (aka PP) is involved in cellular respiration, the release of energy from carbohydrates, is able to expand small vessels.
- AT6 participates in the metabolism of fats, proteins and cholesterol. It is simply necessary for the regulation of fat metabolism and the formation of hemoglobin.
- AT12necessary for normal blood formation, is involved in cell division and has a positive effect on the work of the nervous system.
- Vitamin Aregulates the metabolism of the skin, eye tissue, can increase the body's resistance to infections. It is he who participates in the twilight vision that provides color perception.
- Vitamin D regulates exchanges of calcium and phosphorus, facilitating their absorption in the intestine. It can form from provitamin in the skin when exposed to sunlight or to come with substances of animal origin.
- Vitamin Eparticipates in the processes of tissue respiration, is able to prevent cell membranes from oxidizing and destroying fatty acids. Able to influence the endocrine and sex glands.
- Vitamin K participates in the work of the blood coagulation system, namely stimulates prothrombin. This vitamin can be synthesized in small amounts by intestinal microflora.
What vitamins to drink a woman in the fall?
In the autumn period, the woman's body needs more vitamins to replenish the supply before the cold winter. Despite the fact that in the fall a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, which are so rich in vitamins, it is not so easy to get all the necessary substances with food. Their concentration in food varies considerably, and this can be explained by many factors - the variety, the conditions of storage and preparation.
It is worth remembering that with long-term storage of the product in its composition may disappear up to 70 percent of vitamins. And heat treatment can destroy much more. For these reasons, the woman’s diet should have as much fresh vegetables and fruit as possible.
If it is not possible to get fresh vegetables and fruits, or the concentration of vitamins in them leaves much to be desired, then experts advise taking a complex of vitamins - multivitamins. Multivitamins are medications in which the daily dose of one or more vitamins is calculated. It is worth remembering that all multivitamins can be prescribed exclusively for prophylaxis, and vitamins - for therapeutic purposes.
When choosing drugs it is necessary in the 1st place to determine the goal. This may be the prevention of various diseases, the preservation of youth and beauty, the maintenance of the body during pregnancy (in this case, only the doctor will prescribe vitamins!). The second criterion that must be considered when choosing - the age of a woman.
Vitamins for women: how to choose?
The composition of multivitamin complexes that are designed for women should include vitamins that will positively affect the general metabolism, support the work of the immune system, the endocrine system, maintain skin elasticity, and improve the condition of hair follicles. Give preference to multivitamins, which are composed of vitamins B, A, D, E, K, C; minerals - calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, potassium, iodine, chromium, etc.
Pharmaceutical companies usually indicate the percentage of vitamins, depending on the daily requirement. The most acceptable option is the ratio of 50 - 100 percent. If this indicator is not indicated on the package, then the amount of vitamins and minerals is minimal.
Pharmacies offer a wide selection of multivitamins. How not to be mistaken in such a difficult choice? Multivitamins "Alphabet" are represented by 3 pills, which contain only compatible vitamins that help the digestion of minerals that are compatible with each other. This drug is able to normalize blood formation, is a means for the prevention of anemia.
In addition, the composition of these multivitamins includes antioxidants that protect cells from the negative effects of radicals, which are formed during various pathologies, stresses, and smoking. Due to the content of vitamin D and calcium, multivitamins stimulate calcium-phosphorus metabolism. These vitamins are most often prescribed to women before menopause or in menopause.
- Vitrum multivitamins are most often used to influence the emerging vitamin deficiencies or to correct the situation when an imbalance of vitamins occurs. "Vitrum" is most often prescribed after severe diseases or after a complex course of treatment, including chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Multivitamins "Multitabs" contain a wide range of antioxidants that can affect the metabolism, improve skin condition and strengthen the immune system. The most acceptable purpose of this multivitamin for women under 40 years. Especially interested in this group of vitamins should women who are constantly on diets, experiencing physical and mental stress and stress.
- "Complivit" is best taken by women 30 - 40 years. The composition of this multivitamin complex includes cobalt, which is simply necessary for blood formation and metabolism. Also "Complivit" is indicated for the reception of women who have problems with digestion.
- "Centrum" is enriched with vanadium, which is necessary for the production of energy. In addition, vanadium stimulates cell division. But in this complex there is no cobalt and vitamin D.
- Particularly noteworthy is the "Mertz" - a dragee, a combination drug that was developed exclusively for women and contains in its composition vitamins and minerals to maintain beauty. Thus, vitamin A maintains the integrity of epithelial cells, improves the blood supply to the tissues of the epidermis, and is capable of stimulating the restoration of skin elasticity and elasticity. The composition of the multivitamin complex includes amino acids, yeast extract, which affect the condition of hair and nails.
In addition, the complex supports the normal functioning of the nervous system, normalizes blood formation and is a catalyst for energy production.
The best adviser when choosing vitamins is a doctor who can take into account all the requests of your body and will advise drugs that are really necessary. When buying funds worth paying attention, first of all, on the packaging. It should indicate the composition, dosage and expiration dates. In addition, you must find a mark of compliance with international pharmaceutical requirements. Keep in mind that although domestic multivitamins differ in poorer composition, compared with foreign drugs, they contain significantly fewer flavors that can cause allergies.