Palm oil - an exotic product, derived from oil palm. This ingredient is widely used in cooking, but it should not be consumed in large quantities, as it can be harmful.
Palm oil: composition and properties
Natural palm oil has a pleasant taste and smell. Natural color is orange-yellow. In a warm room, it becomes liquid, and at low temperatures it hardens and becomes like margarine.
This product is the only solid vegetable oil that is similar in composition to animal fats. Therefore, when used by manufacturers, nutritionists and doctors argue about the harm and benefits of this ingredient.
A large amount of palmitic acid and other unsaturated acids is present in the product. It contains oleic, linoleic, lauric, myristic, steranic and arachnic acids. The product contains carotenoids, vitamins E, D, A and K, lecithin, phosphorus, phytosterols, magnesium, squalene and coenzyme Q10. Palm oil is very high in calories. - per 100 g of product 900 kcal.
The product is widely used in cosmetology, cooking, industry and medicine.
Palm oil: beneficial properties
- Oil has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. It is recommended to use it for the prevention of strokes, heart attacks, cardiomyopathy, hypertension, atherosclerosis, etc.
- Due to the high content of vitamin A, it favorably affects the health of the eye: protects the cornea, crystals, retina, improves blood circulation in the eye and increases eye pressure. Palm oil is recommended for the prevention and treatment of cataracts., tired eye syndrome, conjunctivitis, during eyestrain, "night blindness", etc.
- Ingredient stimulates workdigestion, restores the normal functioning of the intestines, heals the damaged walls of the gastric mucosa, removes fats from the liver, forms bile. It is recommended to use it in many diseases: cholelithiasis, colitis, gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer, cholecystitis, etc.
- The product is recommended to be introduced in food atobesity anddiabetes, as prevention of colds and infectious diseases, with asthma and tuberculosis, with menopause and premenstrual cycle, pregnant and lactating women.
- Due to the large amount of vitamins A and E, Palm oil has a beneficial effect on the reproductive female system, maintaining hormonal balance. The product is widely used for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the ovaries, breast and uterus. For vaginal diseases, a tampon impregnated with palm oil is inserted into the vagina.
- Palm oil has a healing effect. The product is recommended for women after 30 years to avoid osteoporosis. It has a beneficial effect on the condition of bones, joints, spine. Palm oil enhances sunburn, keeps skin young and healthy.
- For children The product is recommended for the normal formation of bones, joints, teeth, visual acuity, strengthening of brain activity and immunity.
- Palm oil relieves fatigue, puts the psyche in order, helps to improve attention, memory, mental abilities.
- The oil is widely used to treat psoriasis, acne, neurodermatitis, cuts and other skin diseases. The product is used both inside and the treatment of sore spots. To relieve inflammation of the gums, soak a cotton swab in oil and apply it to the affected area. With constipation, hemorrhoids and anal fissures, enemas are made with a solution of this product.
Red palm oil: harm
As part of the food you can almost always see red palm oil. It is added to cookies, candy, chocolate, chips, crackers, crackers, condensed milk, fast food, etc. By adding this ingredient to the products, the manufacturer wants to preserve the shelf life longer and enhance the taste. Only manufacturers do not think about the harm it can bring to the body. And palm oil can actually be harmful to health, despite its many benefits.
Red palm oil contains in its composition saturated fats, which increase the level of cholesterol in the blood, which leads to the development of atherosclerosis, blood clots in blood vessels, obesity and cardiovascular diseases. Included in the red oilhydrogenated fats provoke gluing of blood cells. This leads to the development of diabetes, cancer, metabolic disorders, heart attack, breast cancer and other diseases.
Red palm oil is a strong carcinogen.. Europe has long refused to add this ingredient to food. If, after all, it is present in the product, manufacturers must write about it on the label.
Disputes about the dangers and benefits of palm oil are still ongoing. There is no consensus about this ingredient. Whether to use this ingredient for cooking and disease prevention or still abstain, relying on negative reviews about its effect on the body - you decide.