Dates are the fruits of date palm, oblong shaped berries with sweet pulp. Homeland dates are North Africa and Arabia. As early as 4000 years ago, the ancient people ate the fruits of the date palm for food, flattered by their beneficial properties.
Modern people also often eat these berries, because nowadays they have not lost their popularity. Dates occupy one of the leading places among berries and fruits in nutritional value. They include many trace elements and vitamins that are able to keep the human body in good shape for a long time.
Date palms are very prolific, they begin to bear fruit 10–13 years after planting, but the wait is rewarded by the fact that the crop can be harvested for 1.5–2 centuries! In nature, there are 70 types of dates in color - from black to light yellow. Dates are used not only fresh, but also dried.
What is included in the dates?
The composition of dates includes the following vitamins:
- A - an excellent antioxidant, carrier of sugar residues in the biosynthesis of glycoproteins;
- B1 - accelerates the evacuation of the contents, increasing the secretory function of the stomach;
- B2 - regulates the functioning of the liver, and also contributes to the maturation of the red blood cells of the body;
- B5 - normalizes the metabolism of fats, amino acids and carbohydrates;
- B6 - a positive effect on the nervous system;
- Е - biological antioxidant, promotes the formation of collagen and elastic fibers, takes part in the biosynthesis of proteins and gem;
- PP - produces energy from carbohydrates and fats.
In addition to vitamins, the following are included in the composition of dates: minerals:
- Calcium - takes part in the process of blood coagulation, normalizes muscle contraction and excitability of the nervous system;
- Magnesium - strengthens the mucous membranes, normalizes the blood supply to the heart, is part of the body's bones, takes part in the metabolism of carbohydrates and the production of energy from them;
Nutrients that are part of dates:
- Fats - feed the nervous system, regulate brain activity, supply the body with energy, keep blood vessels elastic;
- Carbohydrates - serve as a source of body energy;
- Proteins - are involved in the formation of tissues, organs and cells of the body;
- Cellulose - promotes the excretion of bile acids and slags, participates in the work of the large and small intestines.
Are dates harmful to the body?
- Despite the whole storehouse of nutrients, dates have contraindications. Due to the content in the dates of fiber and coarse fibers, they are not recommended for use in violation of digestive function, with diseases of the stomach and intestines, especially during the period of exacerbation of diseases. The reason for this is the long digestion of this product. Because of the same dates should be consumed no later than 2 hours before bedtime.
- People with diabetes and obesity should be especially careful with dates, because they contain a lot of sugar.
- When eating dates in excessive amounts, a person can increase blood pressure, weaken the spleen and liver, cause toothache and headache, and it can also cause the risk of biliary tract disease.
- It should be remembered another very important rule: dates should not be used along with citrus, It can harm the body due to the mixing of carbohydrate and acidic foods!
Eating dates during fasting
During the fast, religious people refuse protein and meat food. But even in this period, the human body has a need for salt, vitamins and trace elements. All these substances are contained in dates!
With low blood sugar, a person experiences keen hunger, it disappears instantly with only a few fruits of the date palm. Thus, during fasting, having eaten several dates before taking the main portion of food, a person will be able to get enough of a smaller amount of food.
For example, in the Islamic faith there is a tradition, leading its roots from antiquity - on the holy Ramadan festival after sunset to take in food yogurt, milk and dates. This "diet", despite its modesty, is very useful and balanced: all organs are cleaned, cholesterol levels go down, sleep and psychological state return to normal.
Choosing dates, you should take only ripe fruits, without mold stains on the surface and sugar crystals. Such fruits of date palm will benefit the body, prolong youth and energize the body for a long time! Be healthy!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina