Teething from a biological point of view is an absolutely normal physiological process., without which no man can do. This process is inherent in each of us by nature.
For the whole life natural teeth in humans are 2 generations: generation of milk teeth and generation of permanent.
Milk teeth erupt in the earliest terms of our life, even in infancy. As a rule, we do not remember this process. But teething so early for children causes a lot of suffering. Young mummies, when their children cut their teeth, have a lot of problems.
Teething in children
The first teeth in babies, as a rule, erupt from 6-8 months. The complete formation of the dairy generation of teeth is completed usually by 3 years. There are only 20 milk teeth, not like adults.
How to determine that a child begins to erupt tooth? Indeed, at such an early age, children still cannot tell you what is happening to them. For this there are a number of signs (symptoms).
- Increased body temperature. Occurs due to changes in the body of a small, associated with the eruption of teeth. Usually it does not rise above 37.8 ° C.
- The appearance of irritation on the face in the form of a rash or redness. Symptom is closely associated with drooling.
- Diarrhea. This is not a common symptom, but it can also be triggered by teething.
- Runny nose This is usually abundant watery discharge from the nasal passages, which lasts no more than 5 days.
it signs that speak of the normal formation of milk teeth.
Teething in some babies can be particularly painful and problematic. The child may refuse to eat, sleep badly, or often wake up at night, become nervous and restless. In extreme cases, children may experience complications due to teething. For example, the development of a particular infection. If a baby has vomiting, severe coughing and other nonspecific symptoms when teeth are cut, you should consult a doctor!
Young mothers should know that in boys, teeth usually erupt later than in girls.
Milk teeth, on average, should come out by 3 years. Starting from 5-6 years, they gradually change to permanent. The process of changing teeth is no longer as painful as teething of milk teeth. The milk tooth falls out, and in its place a real tooth erupts, which the person will have permanently until old age.
How to help the child during teething - read about this in the article Eruption of milk teeth in children.
Wisdom teeth eruption: symptoms
And adult teething process does not pass by.In some cases, a person may not erupt all permanent teeth, and milk teeth fall out. Therefore, after 20 years, they actively erupt in adults.
By age 18, adults only have 28 teeth, but in humans there are 32, as they say in all medical reference books. The last four teeth erupt already in adulthood, they are called “wisdom teeth”.
Wisdom teething process usually falls on the age of 18 years. But someone does not have them, and in 35, someone they appear partially, someone never grow up.
By the way, wisdom teeth, like baby teeth in children, cause some kind of trouble for adults. However, this is all very individual.
Wisdom Teething Symptoms in adults, these are usually:
- Pain whining character.
- Pain on swallowing. Usually this symptom speaks of inflammation of the gums in the place where the wisdom tooth cuts.
- Redness and swelling of the gums.
- Feeling that ear hurts.
- The feeling that hurts the whole jaw.
- You may feel a tooth under your swollen gumline that cannot erupt on its own. In this case, if he sits there for a very long time, it is necessary to seek help from a doctor.
- Swollen or inflamed lymph nodes under the jaw.
In some ways, the symptoms are similar to the symptoms of teething of milk teeth in children.
In any case, if you have a wisdom tooth, or a baby tooth (and a permanent tooth) in your child, be very careful. After all, in a normal process, everything should not go so badly. If you notice that there is cause for concern, then be sure to consult a doctor. Only he will help in time to stop the unpleasant complication associated with the development and teething. You yourself can not do anything, but only worsen the situation.