T4, or thyroxin free, is the most important stimulator for the synthesis of proteins in a woman’s body. T4 is produced by the cells of the thyroid gland and is very important for the reproductive system of the female body. But for a variety of reasons, its level may increase or decrease. Sometimes these causes are not caused by serious disruptions in the body, and sometimes, unfortunately, require medical intervention, as they are the result of complications in the hormonal background.
T4 free and female body
- T4 free increases the metabolic rate, positively affecting weight normalization.
- Increases oxygen consumption by cells and tissues of the body, improving their nutrition and performance.
- This hormone is responsible for the growth of the body's need for vitamins.
- T4 helps the production of vitamin A in the liver.
- It speeds up the exchange of protein and reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- Cleans blood vessels from plaques and fights blood clots.
- Stimulates the central nervous system.
- T4 has a positive effect on heart function.
- Improves the absorption of calcium by the body, activating the exchange in bone tissue.
T4 free concentration in women
The T4 free indicator provides an opportunity to obtain data on the functional state of the thyroid gland in women. The maximum concentration of T4 is observed from 8 to 12 hours, and the minimum - from 23 to 3 hours. Also, its concentration in the body changes during the year, in the summer time its minimum concentration is observed, and in the period from September to February - the maximum.
In women, T4 free concentration is lower than in men.. During pregnancy, its concentration increases, reaching a maximum by the third trimester.
Throughout life, the level of this hormone remains constant, starting decline only after 40 years. With an increase in T4 in the body a large amount of bilirubin is formed, obesity occurs, it requires medical assistance.
Norm T4 free in women is 100-120 nM / l. Pregnant women in the first trimester - 110 - 130 nM / l. In the 2nd and 3rd trimester - 120 - 140 nM / l. The main proportion of the hormone thyroxin is bound to proteins and blood, and only 0.5% of T4 is represented by the free form.
Causes of a decrease in T4 free in women
TO reasons for reducing T4 free include: in obesity - a sharp decrease in body weight, a low-protein diet, iodine deficiency, thyroid neoplasm, endemic goiter, primary and secondary hypothyroidism, inflammation in the pituitary, surgical interventions, contact with lead, head injuries, taking anticonvulsants, oral contraceptives, lithium overdose, thyreostatics, clofibrate.
Most often, a decrease in the T4 rate is caused by a state of severe iodine deficiency and the presence of various forms of hypothyroidism.-
Anti-thyroid, anti-tuberculosis, anti-inflammatory, and glucocorticoid drugs may also be taken. cause a decrease in T4 free in the blood.
The reasons for the increase in T4free in women
Reasons increase the level of the hormone thyroxine I can be:
- Postpartum thyroid dysfunction;
- Nephrotic syndrome;
- Chronic liver disease;
- Toxic goiter;
- Thyrotoxicosis due to T4 self-designation;
- Treatment with heparin and diseases associated with an increase in free fatty acids;
- Taking drugs with thyroid hormones;
- Taking aspirin, propranolol and tamoxifen;
- Regular intake of furosemide, danazol, amiodarone;
- Appointment of radiographic drugs, valproic acid and propylthiouracil.
Indications for purpose of the T4 free assay in women usually becomes a control study with toxic goiter, thyrotoxicosis or hypothyroidism, endocrine infertility, disturbance of the cycle and the appearance of goiter.
See also: Decoding of blood leukocyte count
Since the hormones of the thyroid gland and the pituitary gland are important links regulating the processes in the reproductive system of a woman,to allfor womenwith hormonal disorders, it is necessary to conduct an examination of the thyroid gland and T4 free blood levels in the hospital.
Take care and be healthy!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Yuliya