An ovarian cyst is a benign lesion filled with a yellow or clear liquid.. Such education is well defined during ultrasound examinations in relevant institutions.
Types of ovarian cysts
There are several types of ovarian cysts.
- A functional cyst is formed either laterally or in front of the uterus, a little painful on palpation.
- A dermoid cyst is formed from embryonic cells and is found in women of childbearing age.
- Serous cyst is formed from epithelial tissue.
- Endometriotic cyst begins to form as a result of endometrial germination in the ovary.
The primary symptoms of ovarian cysts
At the primary stage of development, an ovarian cyst never gives any signs, the menstruation cycle is normal, and in this case only the doctor can determine the cyst during the examination of the woman. The cyst looks at the primary stage as a small formation in which fluid forms and accumulates there very slowly.
This kind of cyst occurs in women of childbearing age, often it is usually temporary and passes during hormonal therapy, or with the following menstruation.
Secondary symptoms of ovarian cysts
To the secondary stage of development of ovarian cyst carry a cyst when it has a small leg, which, with any load, has a tendency to turn over, which causes sharp pain. This leg may overlap through the intestinal loop and cause very serious intestinal problems. In such cases, an operation is necessarily performed, since such torsion leads to hemorrhage of the cyst.
The main signs of ovarian cysts
- Cyst rupture
- Sharp pains
- Inflammation of the appendages.
Such formations disrupt the activity of the menstrual cycle.. Monthly can come either earlier or later. The discharge will be accompanied by sharp and sharp pain.-
- If the cyst has already acquired a very large size, then this all leads to bloating.
- If the cyst is in the neglected form, then it can lead to disruption of the activity of other organs of the body.
- If a cyst comes off during the examination, it will lead to complications, to peritonitis.
What else is important to know about ovarian cysts?
- Enough often the appearance of ovarian cysts is not accompanied by any symptoms. It is usually found out about its presence at examination in the hospital for another reason, with ultrasound, or tomography of the abdominal cavity or genital organs.
- With the rapid growth of the cyst, a feeling of pressure on the internal organs appears. This is due to the fact that the tumor, expanding, begins to put pressure on organs that are close. Often there is a feeling of constriction and overcrowding in the abdomen. Because of an ovarian cyst, the urethra is compressed, which causes disturbed and frequent urination. There are urges, but it is impossible to go to the toilet.
- With large size brush nausea, fever, vomiting, chills appear. All this suggests that because of the abnormal work and compactness of the internal organs located near the cyst, inflamed. The resulting pains begin to give up. The nature of the pain is very similar to appendicitis, especially if the cyst originated in the right ovary. With such a cyst on the leg can not be stepped on.
- With late cysts, an increase in the abdomen can be seen, a violation of the menstrual cycle, weight gain, and tachycardia often develop. Such symptoms require immediate hospitalization and surgical intervention, otherwise cyst can burst, turning over.
- Sometimes it can be small in size and proceed without complications, and after a while dissolve without medical intervention. When a small cyst is found, hormonal contraceptives are prescribed to stop the growth of the cyst.
- Most types of cysts, including ovaries, do not require treatment, and they resolve themselves. But when symptoms appear, when a cyst begins to grow rapidly, a diagnosis should be made and an appointment for alternative or surgical treatment should be obtained.
As soon as you suspect an ovarian cyst, you should immediately contact a professional specialist who will examine you and select the correct method of treatment. And in any case, do not be afraid and do not tighten the disease. The outcome can be disastrous.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Alenka, Julia