Stomach problems are a very unpleasant phenomenon. They are accompanied by pain, bloating and other unpleasant manifestations. If the stomach is ill, it should be treated immediately, otherwise pancreas inflammation can be earned.
If you feel pain on the left side under the ribs closer in the middle of the body, these are signals from the pancreas. Something is wrong with her, she doesn’t like what you eat, for example.
What is pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis - it is a scientific term for inflammation of the pancreas. It happens chronic, like many diseases and acute.
What causes inflammation of the pancreas?
The causes of inflammation of the pancreas can be viral infections, alcohol abuse, poor lifestyle and some diseases. (stomach ulcer, cholecystitis, cholera, typhoid and others).
Overweight increases the likelihood of pancreatitis.
In some cases, patients die from this disease. But it is in severe cases. They happen not so often. How can one recognize inflammation of the pancreas in oneself or one's relatives?
Symptoms of Pancreatitis
Symptoms of inflammation of the pancreas are individual. However, they also depend on the stage of the disease and the nature of its course.
Any type of pancreatitis is usually painful, the pain is felt, as already noted, in the left side under the ribs closer to the center. Often there is the phenomenon of pain radiating. The pain can be given in the back, behind the scapula or behind the sternum, and also to all these places from time to time, creating the sensations of a "pain belt".
Acute pancreatitis is easier to recognize than chronic.
Symptoms of acute inflammation of the pancreas
- Typical pain, sharp, strong, frequent.
- Chair with undigested food residues, porridge foamy consistency.
- Pallor. Discoloration of unhealthy icteric color.
- Excessive perspiration.
- Change in body temperature. Moreover, the temperature may be higher or lower than normal.
With acute illness in severe cases, the following symptoms are observed:
- shock, collapse;
- swelling of the pancreas;
- lack of pulse in the artery on the abdomen due to edema;
- increased muscle tension;
- other symptoms that the doctor may establish during the examination.
In severe acute pancreatitis, the patient must be immediately hospitalized. Immediately at the first strong signs call the ambulance to the patient.
Symptoms of chronic inflammation of the pancreas
- Specific characteristic pain. Pancreatic colic.
- Loose stools. Maybe an "oily" stool.
- Frequent belching.
- Poor health, heaviness in the stomach and in the pancreas after eating fatty foods.
- Loss of appetite.
- Changes in weight (weight loss).
- Excessive perspiration.
- Blurred images. Poor clarity of view.
- The appearance on the abdomen, back and chest red rounded vascular spots.
The causes of chronic disease may be the same causes as in acute pancreatitis. but treat chronic pancreatitis harder.Patients should not allow the pancreas inflammation to develop into a chronic form.
Chronic pancreatitis contributes to the development of diabetes. In some points, the symptoms of both diseases are similar. In chronic inflammation of the pancreas, the first signs of diabetes appear.
If you have found symptoms of pancreatitis, do not postpone the visit to the doctor. The main indicator of the disease should be pain in the pancreas.
Be sure to take care of your health! The doctor will prescribe you medications, prescribe a diet. Read the article Diet for diseases of the pancreas, in it you will find many useful things for yourself and your loved ones! Do not treat inflammation of the pancreas frivolously. After all, this is a very serious disease, which, unfortunately, expands its horizons in modern life!