Autumn has come - it's time for mushrooms and forest walks. Nature lovers lurk a serious danger - an encephalitis tick. It is not so easy to distinguish from the usual, and the bite of this insect can lead to serious consequences.
Signs of an encephalitis tick bite
- The bite of an encephalitic tick is no different from a normal bite. Inflammation can occur only after infection of the epidermis and deep layers of the skin when trying to remove an insect. Therefore, a specialist must remove the tick in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
- Recognize the bite of an encephalitic tick by the appearance of a wound is impossible. The insect victims may experience a psychological symptom complex, at which chills appear, turning into fever, headache, unpleasant sensations appear in the muscles of the arms and legs. The following symptoms: nausea and vomiting. After some time, pain in the joints will arise, breathing becomes difficult, the skin around the bite begins to turn red. As a rule, signs of a bite appear after 2 weeks, so there is no need to panic ahead of time.
The effects of an encephalitis tick bite
The most serious consequence after an insect bite is the development of an infectious disease. Infection occurs during the feeding of the tick, which digs into the human body with its proboscis and lets poisonous saliva into it.
Among the diseases after a bite are the following:
Viral encephalitis, which affects the nervous system. In difficult situations, this disease can cause paralysis, which results in death. Viral encephalitis is dangerous only in the fall and spring, because it is at this time that ticks are activated.
Symptoms of viral encephalitis:
- General malaise;
- Increase in body temperature to 40 degrees;
- Strong headache;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Redness of the face and mucous membranes;
- In some cases - loss of consciousness.
Tick-borne borreliosis- This is an infectious disease. It occurs in a chronic form and affects all organs and systems of the body. A person suffering from borreltoz is not dangerous for other people. Infection can occur only through insect saliva. The pathogen quickly penetrates through the blood into all organs and tissues, after which the virus can be in human blood for many years.
Symptoms of tick-borne borreliosis appear between 2 and 30 days after the bite:
- At the site of the bite, a bright red spot appears, which gradually increases in size;
- Gradually, the middle of the spot loses its intensity and becomes blue, crusting;
- After 20-30 days, the stain disappears completely, and after 4-6 weeks, symptoms of damage to the nervous and other systems appear.
Treatment of the disease is carried out only in the hospital under the supervision of doctors. If the infection is not eradicated, the chronic form of the disease will develop, which may result in disability.
Return tick fever
Return tick fever is an acute infection resulting from the bite of an encephalitic tick.
Symptoms of recurrent tick-borne typhus:
- At the site of the bite, a bubble appears, which gradually acquires a dark red color. The human body is covered with a rash;
- Sore limbs;
- Body temperature rises;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- The spleen and liver are enlarged;
- There may be yellowing of the skin and sclera.
The acute period of the disease lasts about 5 days, after which the patient's condition improves, and then completely normalizes. After a certain period of time, the second attack begins, with the symptoms of the first. The attacks can be from 4 to 12. It is possible to diagnose the disease only in the hospital by means of a blood test. The treatment is carried out in a hospital under the supervision of physicians.
Q fever penetrates the human body through tick bites, respiratory organs, digestion, as well as from animals.
Symptoms of Q fever:
- Body aches;
- Profuse sweating;
- Aversion to food;
- Redness of the face;
- Temperature increase;
- As a result - inflammation of the lungs.
Q fever can occur in acute, subacute, latent or chronic forms. To identify the disease you need to pass tests. In time, the disease is well treatable. A person who has had Q fever develops immunity to this disease.
What does an encephalitis tick bite look like?
Fabrics at the site of the bite swell and redden. Thus, the body reacts to the poisonous saliva of the tick. Normally, the redness should pass on its own within a few days after complete removal of the insect. If you take certain drugs, redness should pass faster.
Place bite encephalitis tick
If you see a tick bite you, consult a doctor immediately. If you can not ask for help, you can remove the insect. There are several ways to do this:
Put vegetable oil on the bite site. The insect will start to choke and stick its head on the surface of the skin. You can pull it out using tweezers.
Ticks can be pulled out using a regular thread. Throw a string between the insect and the affected part of your body, then make two turns around the tick. Gently tighten the loop and slowly begin to twist the parasite from the skin. Hurry is not worth it, so as not to leave part of the insect in the body, where the infection will begin to develop. The procedure will take several minutes.
After removing the parasite, it is recommended to give a tick immunoglobulin injection. This tool is sold in a pharmacy. The injection is set at the rate of: 1 mg per 1 kg of weight. This method is quite expensive, and can not guarantee you protection against encephalitis. The bite should be treated with alcohol, brilliant green or iodine. After, wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
To be sure that you will not get sick with encephalitis, take an insect to the sanitary-epidemiological station for examination and do a blood test. This will help you, if necessary, in a timely manner to seek qualified assistance.
Ticks are dangerous parasites that are carriers of dangerous diseases. If you are bitten by a tick, immediately consult a doctor to remove it and make the necessary vaccinations and tests. This will help you to diagnose possible diseases in a timely manner and begin the correct treatment.