Sunflower seeds - an amazing product. They quickly saturate, have a bright taste and pleasant Maslenitsa texture. It is also, in its own way, a way to calm the nerves, since the clicking of the seeds is a kind of auto-training.
In sunflower seeds - the mass of substances needed by the body:
- vitamins: A, B, C, D and E - significant active substances that have a beneficial effect on the organs of vision, have a rejuvenating and tonic effects, affect the improvement of blood composition and the normal absorption of calcium. The use of sunflower seeds has a beneficial effect on the skin condition, improves its nutrition, has a firming effect, and noticeably improves the complexion.
- trace elements: iodine, sodium, silicon, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, selenium and zinc. Such a rich set of minerals has a good effect on most systems in our body, the vessels are quickly cleared of cholesterol (it is necessary to use raw seeds), the work of the stomach is stimulated, the functions of the liver are improved, the bile is well cleaned. Magnesium, the content of which is high, is simply indispensable for the functioning of the heart, improving immunity, and the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- fatty acid. Unsaturated acids contained in sunflower seeds are beneficial for our body and are an integral component of brain structures.
- protein compounds.In the seeds of a lot of protein, as well as a set of essential amino acids.
People really appreciate the benefits of sunflower seeds as a relaxing tool, nothing relaxes as well as their clicking, and chewing them thoroughly relieves the tension of the nervous system.
Not to mention the fact that the seeds - a good communication tool that helps to quickly communicate with others. If you do not believe this, then buy seeds and treat them to someone you know - sincere conversation is provided.
How many calories are in seeds?
Despite the abundance of useful properties in seeds, they have some negative sides. First of all, their high calorie content.Sunflower seeds contain 520 kcal per 100 g of product. Those who want to lose weight, seeds should be eaten only in very limited quantities. Due to their high caloric content, they will give you a feeling of satiety for a long time. They digest in the stomach for a couple of hours, and you can safely work until the next meal, not feeling at the same time feelings of hunger.
The harm of sunflower seeds
- The firm shell of sunflower seeds spoils tooth enamel. By the way, peeled ones contain much less useful substances, since most of the fatty acids are oxidized.
- Harmful component - cadmium is present in stale seeds. Gradually, the beneficial substances in them begin to break down, and harmful, on the contrary, accumulate. Therefore, using stale seeds, you risk overloading the body with cadmium, which causes dangerous diseases of the nervous system and liver.
- Fats in seeds can cause heartburn. As you know, sunflower oil also has an enveloping effect on the vocal cords, so people whose professions are associated with constant conversation or singing do not eat sunflower seeds at all.
- Some argue that eating sunflower can trigger an attack of appendicitis. This is undoubtedly one of the medical myths.
Sunflower seeds - a useful and affordable product. In the seeds of many vitamins, amino acids, fats, which are necessary for the proper functioning of various body systems. But this product also has negative sides - high calorie content and the ability to accumulate over time a substance harmful to health - cadmium. To use sunflower only benefit, include it in the diet in small portions, be sure to monitor the freshness of the product.