Stomatitis is a common oral disease that can occur in both children and adults. With this disease, ulcers occur in the inner side of the lips and cheeks. These sores are red and sore. Sometimes they appear on the gums and the edges of the tongue.
In the initial stages of the disease, treatment of stomatitis at home is carried out by folk remedies.. Moreover, for the period of treatment, it is necessary to stop smoking, alcoholic beverages, spicy and smoked food, dairy products - food that can cause irritation and inflammation of the oral cavity.
Types of stomatitis
- Catarrhal stomatitis. This is the mildest form of stomatitis. With this disease, there is dry mouth and redness in the inner part of the mouth. Stomatitis of this type can be caused by poor oral hygiene.
- Aphthous stomatitis. This is a chronic disease of the oral cavity, during which a rash appears in the mouth of a person. With this disease, the temperature rises, and ulcers are very painful. A feature of this disease is that ulcers heal for a very long time.
- Herpetic stomatitis. This is the most painful type of this disease. Such a disease can be a person once in a lifetime and go through, and maybe a person’s life will live with it. Symptoms are general irritability and fever. Blisters appear on the tongue, which burst over time, which makes eating very painful.
Common causes of stomatitis
- Stomatitis can occur due to infectious diseases.
- Also, stomatitis occurs from chemical exposure to the oral mucosa.
- Eating hot or spicy foods, a large amount of alcohol or tobacco use, and poor oral hygiene are causes of stomatitis.
Symptoms of stomatitis
- When stomatitis, the patient has problems with the absorption of food.
- When stomatitis can increase the temperature.
- This disease is characterized by a rash in the form of ulcers in the inner side of the lips and cheeks.
Treatment of stomatitis at home
- During the day, rinse your mouth several times with hot water. Also rinse the mouth with hydrogen peroxide solution.
- You can lubricate the juice of aloe gums, or just chew the leaves of this plant.
- At the beginning of treatment will help well propolis tincture. To do this, you first need to rinse your mouth with a solution of hydrogen peroxide, then dry it with a stream of hot air, and then drip propolis tincture from the pipette onto the sore spots.
- Stomatitis treated with garlic. For this, 2-3 cloves of garlic are pounded and combined with 2 tsp. yogurt Heat and hold in the mouth. This consistency is distributed over the oral cavity, affected by ulcers. The procedure is done several times over several days, with this method of treatment will be a strong burning sensation in the mouth.
- Raw potatoes are also good at treating stomatitis at home. Gruel or large chunks of potatoes are applied to sore spots.
- With the help of carrot juice treated sores. Carrot juice is mixed with boiled water and a mouthful 3 times a day.
- Cabbage juice is mixed with cold boiled water half and also rinse your mouth several times a day.
- Hypericum tincture prepared for 40% alcohol is used in rinsing the mouth during stomatitis. It is diluted with boiled cold water at the rate of 30-40 drops per half glass of water. And rinse such a mouth solution.
- Rinse your mouth and chamomile solution with a pharmaceutical, add another 4 mg of boric acid to the water. This rinse relieves inflammation. TO medicinal herbs that help in the treatment of stomatitis at home, include calendula, potentilla, burdock root, yarrow, burdock seeds.
To date, there is no specific cure for stomatitis. But there are many methods to get rid of it by folk remedies. In order for such means of treating a disease to have positive results, a correct diagnosis must be made.