The human body is a very complex and multifunctional mechanism. Nature laid down that it certainly has beneficial bacteria. But often, due to various reasons, pathogenic microbes enter the body, which provoke the development of pathologies or inflammatory processes. One of these bacteria is considered to be staphylococcus. When hit in the throat serious illnesses occur. This article will discuss how to recognize and cure Staphylococcus aureus in the throat.
Causes of the disease
Staphylococcus aureus may be inactive for a long time when ingested. The infection begins to manifest itself only after the slightest weakening of the protective forces. Infection with Staphylococcus aureus occurs in several ways:
- upon contact with objects on which there is an infection;
- upon contact with people infected with Staphylococcus aureus;
- by eating foods infected with such pathogens;
- airborne droplets (mainly through coughing);
- through breast milk during lactation.
Surprisingly, children and people of old age are most susceptible to the appearance and development of Staphylococcus aureus in the throat. By the way, children are much harder to suffer the disease and undergo a longer treatment course than adults.
Staphylococcus aureus exclusively affects mucous surfaces. It can develop in the upper respiratory tract.
There are several reasons for the emergence of such pathology:
- diseases of the nasal sinuses in a chronic form;
- diseases of the oral cavity, in particular, caries and the presence of tartar;
- transfer of bronchitis, including infection from a patient with pathology of the bronchi of a healthy person;
- pronounced laryngitis and pharyngitis;
- angina of the bacterial type with pustular tumors.
Staphylococcus aureus in child's throat
As already mentioned, children are most often affected by the appearance of Staphylococcus aureus on mucous surfaces. A child, especially a small one, studying the world, contacts with a multitude of objects and often takes them into his mouth. It is rather difficult to cure such a disease, since the children's immune system is not able to cope with the illness on its own. The causes that cause the occurrence of infection are similar, as in the case of adult disease.
If any symptoms occur, you should immediately consult a doctor, because the neglected form of development of Staphylococcus aureus may lead to the onset of complicated consequences, such as:
- pneumonia disease;
- the development of meningitis;
- sepsis mucous membranes;
- brain cell abscess.
Symptoms of pathology
An absolutely healthy person has a certain amount of staphylococcus in the body. The presence of Staphylococcus aureus in the upper respiratory tract is considered a pathology. Normally, on the mucous throat the number of such pathogens should be zero.
The symptomatology of the development of this pathology is very similar to the purulent type angina, so many people try to cure the disease on their own. It is not necessary to do this, since the neglected form of the disease can lead to serious consequences. You should definitely contact a medical institution, undergo a full-scale examination, be tested, smears from the throat, bacteriological cultures.
When a Staphylococcus aureus hits the mucous surface of the throat and its progression, the following symptoms are observed:-
- a sharp increase in the temperature threshold to 39-40 °;
- an increase (inflammation) of the tonsils;
- uncharacteristic increase (swelling) of lymph nodes;
- pain when swallowing saliva, fluid and food;
- swelling of the mucous throat, the appearance of whitish plaque or pustular tumors;
- lack of appetite;
- sharp headache.
Independently, a person cannot reveal the presence of Staphylococcus aureus in the throat. If the above symptoms appear, you should contact your doctor or infectious diseases specialist, who will offer to undergo a series of laboratory-type studies.
How to treat Staphylococcus aureus in the throat?
To cure the disease in the form of lesions of the mucous surface of the upper respiratory tract Staphylococcus aureus in two ways:
- means of traditional medicine.
It is best if both of these treatments complement each other.
In the course of long-term studies, the attending specialists concluded that Staphylococcus aureus is resistant to some groups of antibiotic drugs. The following pharmaceutical agents are actively fighting this pathogen;
- Vancomycin et al.
If necessary, wipe the throat moistened with antibiotic swab, removing plaque. When prescribing a balanced comprehensive treatment course, doctors may prescribe the administration of immunomodulating drugs, as well as bacteriophages. The latter are considered viruses, which, when ingested, kill Staphylococcus aureus.
Treatment with traditional medicine
This type of treatment is perfect for small children and pregnant women. As is known, antibiotics are categorically contraindicated for this group of persons, therefore, medicines used in traditional medicine should be allowed to combat pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus.
- gargling with chlorophyllipt solution;
- washing the mucous surface with propolis-based decoction;
- the use of special pharmaceutical fitosborov;
- Eating daily black currants and apricots, which significantly enrich the body with vitamin C, thereby enhancing the immune system;
- receiving infusion of rose hips;
- oral ingestion of burdock and echinacea;
- preparation and reception of complex decoctions containing birch bud extract, string, thyme, wild rosemary and yarrow.
Pathogen Staphylococcus aureus microorganism is very insidious and dangerous. In the event of the slightest symptoms of the disease, immediately contact the attending specialist. Often people take a throat lesion with Staphylococcus aureus as a common sore throat, which subsequently leads to complications. Take care of your health!