Inevitably, bacteria are present in a person’s daily life. They surround us everywhere, both from within and from without. We constantly communicate with other people, move in public transport, we are in places of large concentrations of people. Therefore, bacteria simply can not avoid contact with our clothing, food and various items. They are companions of our life.
But the thing is that among them there are both beneficial bacteria and harmful for our body. Harmful can cause various diseases in humans. Especially defenseless in this regard is a small child. therefore Staphylococcus aureus is very common among young children and their mothers.
What is Staphylococcus aureus?
- Staphylococcus aureus belongs to a fairly large group of bacteria - cocci. Cocci are spherical microorganisms, they can be neutral to humans or harmful.
- Staphylococcus aureus is so named because of its characteristic golden color. This microorganism lives mainly on the mucous membranes of a person and his skin.
- The most interesting thing in Staphylococcus aureus is that every sixth (and according to some fourth) adult is a carrier of this bacterium. A person may not know about it, since the microorganism does not manifest itself at all and does not harm the person.
This microbe affects only children, and young children: newborns and babies in the first year of life. Children at such a small age are not yet formed, they have a weak immune system, they are not protected and can not prevent diseases that Staphylococcus aureus provokes in them. therefore Staphylococcus aureus is dangerous for children, it can cause harm to their health, cause severe and complex diseases.
Methods of infection with Staphylococcus aureus
- Children are more likely to become infected with Staphylococcus aureus, because, as they often learn to crawl, they are pulling objects of interest in their mouths. It does not matter whether he took it from the floor or from the hands of his mother.
- Staphylococcus aureus is a disease of dirty hands, non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene. Therefore, the mother, above all, must carefully monitor her child and the cleanliness of the house.
- Required change and wash the child’s clothes frequently, wash and disinfect his toys. It is good if you have no pets in your home that the child contacts, because the baby will take on all the germs of the animal.
- It is also important to look with whom your child communicates. Do not hesitate to invite visitors to your crumbs to wash their hands before playing with him or touching him. You are a mother, and your excessive care must be understood correctly.
- The danger of infection with Staphylococcus aureus is still present in the hospital. According to statistics, at discharge from the maternity hospital, 98% of newborns have this germ on their skin. This is because in the hospital it is impossible to provide the child with adequate care, like at home. Therefore, bringing the child home, bathe him and put on clean things. Perhaps the bacterium has not yet been able to get inside.
It is also interesting that the presence of Staphylococcus aureus on the baby does not always cause infection and serious diseases. However, if you find it, it is better to get rid of it.
Symptoms of infection with Staphylococcus aureus
Depending on where Staphylococcus aureus has settled, the symptoms may manifest themselves in different ways.
When settling bacteria on the skin, Staphylococcus aureus imitates skin diseases, boils, eels.More serious diseases that Staphylococcus aureus can provoke, this sepsis, acute respiratory viral infection, pneumonia, osteomyelitis, meningitis, endocarditis. All these diseases are recognized by the doctor in the early stages. It is important not to start the health of your baby, to go for medical examinations at the children's clinic.
On their own the following symptoms will help you recognize the growing disease:
- high temperature (38 ° and above),
- redness on the skin or detachment of its upper layer,
- food poisoning
Any of these symptoms are cause for concern, especially if they manifest themselves in combination.
It is also important to note that the period of infection with Staphylococcus aureus can vary from 3 hours to several days. So the sooner you take action, the better.
How to cure Staphylococcus aureus in a child?
- Remember that if any of the above symptoms appear, you should consult a doctor. Do not pull with treatment and even more so. do not self-medicate.Do not listen to the advice of neighbors or other moms, do not resort to alternative medicine. After all, herbal therapy can cause an unexpected reaction in a child and only aggravate the situation.
- To diagnose, to identify the disease can only be qualified. Moreover, the symptoms of infection with Staphylococcus aureus are inherent in many other diseases.
- It is not so easy to treat Staphylococcus aureus in both newborns and older children. This is a rather complicated and lengthy process.
- Finding this disease, the doctor will offer hospitalization. You should not refuse it. Mom will lie down with the baby and will also be treated. After all, she, too, is now infected with Staphylococcus aureus, as well as her child.
Staphylococcus aureus is not less dangerous for nursing mothers, because it can lead to mastitis (inflammation of the breast) or inflammation of any other organ..
Experienced doctors should check the baby's body reaction to drugs before treatment. The treatment is made with the help of antibiotics and fortifying drugs (vitamins, enzymes).
Do not let infection of a child with Staphylococcus aureus! If this happens, consult a doctor immediately!