According to statistics spider veins appear in over 90% of the population.. More often this disease affects women. Many perceive spider veins as a cosmetic defect, but they, above all, indicate the presence of health problems.
Causes of spider veins on the legs
- Vascular stars(telangiectasia) appear due to the weakening of the capillary walls, which are deformed under the pressure of blood in the veins. There are telangiectasias most often on the face, on the legs, sometimes even in the stomach.
- The reasons for the appearancethis diseaselots of. First of all, careless attitude to your own body.
- Improper diet and overweight- problems that lead to the weakening of the walls of blood vessels.
- Heavy load on the legs - a situation close to women abusing the wearing of heels or people who, by the nature of their profession, have to be on their feet for a long time.
- Alcohol abuse leads to deformation of blood vessels and, as a consequence, the appearance of spider veins.
- Anxiety symptoms also result diseases of the liver and intestines.
- Often to the appearance of spider veins lead hormonal disorders, that occur during pregnancy and childbirth. Hormonal disorders also cause abortions and menopause, some female diseases (fibroids, ovarian cyst), and incorrect hormones.
- Sometimes spider veins are consequence of venous insufficiency. At the same time, a direct relationship between telangiectasia and varicose veins was not found.
- In many cases, the cause of spider veins can be genetic predisposition.
Prevention of spider veins on the legs
Time Accepted preventive measures will help prevent the appearance of spider veins on the legs. Since the cause of the disease are fragile walls of blood vessels and capillaries, then, first of all, you need to strengthen them. This can be done by observing some simple rules.
- Try hard eat right and watch your weight. Foodstuffs containing vitamins C, K, and R are especially useful for strengthening vessels Drink natural juices: carrot and cabbage are most useful.
- Light exerciseallow you to saturate the blood with oxygen, strengthen and make the walls of blood vessels more elastic. Try to give gymnastics at least a few minutes a day. If you have a sedentary job or, on the contrary, you have been standing idle for too long on your legs, more often knead your legs. Never sit with your legs crossed. This overwhelms the veins and leads to damage to them.
- Be sure to let your feet relax during the day. It is useful to lie down while resting, raising your legs by 15-20 cm. For example, placing a small pad underneath them. If there is no time for day rest, try to sleep with your legs raised (put a cushion or pillow at the foot of the bed).
How to remove spider veins on the legs?
- Traditional medicineoffers several treatments for spider veins on the legs. This therapy with the help of drugs and removal of teleangiectasia by various methods.
- Medicines are divided into local and general.. Local - various creams, ointments or gels that are applied directly to problem areas. Most often, they are used in combination with common drugs, drugs that have a venotonic effect. The most well-known drug is a derivative of vitamin P (rutin) - Troxerutin.
Removal of spider veins on the legs
- If you do not get rid of spider veins with conventional treatment, you will have to resort to their removal.. Delete telangiectasia in several ways.
- Electrocoagulation.During the procedure, a thin electrode is injected under the skin, with which damaged vessels are cauterized. This method is used less and less often due to its high morbidity, since a scar can remain in the area of electrode insertion.
- Ozone therapy. The treatment method for which medical ozone is used. The advantage of this method of treatment is the absence of scars in the area of the procedure.
- Sclerotherapy. The essence of the method consists in introducing into the lumen of a vessel a special substance that glues its tissues.
- Laser therapy.Most popular and effective technique. The damage area is treated with a laser beam that absorbs hemoglobin. As a result, the walls of the vessels are soldered. Using this method completely eliminates injury to the skin and tissues.
Vascular stars on the legs: treatment of folk remedies
To treat spider veins on the legs is necessary only with the help of a qualified doctor. In addition to drug treatment, you can try traditional treatment methods. They are suitable, rather, as preventive measures or in the very early stages of the disease.
Naturopaths advise wipe spider veins on the legs with apple cider vinegar 3 times a day. If you decide to try this method, be sure to consult your doctor. Remember that homemade apple cider vinegar is used for rubbing, as the store has a high acidity and may contain harmful additives.
An excellent means of treating spider veins is herbal bath. They help to soothe the itching and burning that often accompany the disease, and to eliminate the heaviness in the legs. To prepare the bath, infusion of herbs is poured into a container with warm water. The duration of the procedure takes 20-30 minutes. Most often, phytomedications such as lime, chamomile, lemon balm, oak bark, valerian root, pine needles are used for foot baths.
See also:Red dots on the feet: treatment
The choice of treatment methods for spider veins on the feet is great.. To make this choice correctly, you will be helped by a qualified specialist who will conduct the necessary tests and select the treatment. Do not forget that the sooner you consult a doctor and start the treatment, the sooner you will achieve positive results.