The color of our skin is determined primarily by heredity and its constituent tissues. Also, color is affected by the degree of blood translucency and the amount of pigment that is in the skin and may change under the influence of external and internal factors.
Typically, residents of warm southern countries have a much larger amount of pigment, that is, their skin is darker, while residents of northern countries have a lighter skin tone. This is due to climatic conditions and their race.
Basically, specific cells are responsible for skin pigmentation - melanocytes. They produce the most important and dark skin pigment - melanin. Usually, melanin is distributed evenly over the entire surface of the body, but sometimes it happens so that in some parts of the body melanin is in excess, resulting in pigment spots. An excess of melanin causes hyperpigmentation, to which all the dark spots on the face and body are - freckles, moles, chloasma, lentigo, etc.
Pigmentation of the skin: causes
- If the mechanism of melanin cell production is disrupted, then under the influence of sunlight or in old age, unpleasant chocolate spots can appear on the skin. Therefore, the occurrence of age spots is associated with an increased level of melanin in the body.
- If pigment spots of concern to you appear on your skin, this is the first sign of body problems.
- Causes of increased pigmentation are very different - it is stress, depression, prolonged skin contact with an aggressive environment, such as acids, alkalis, various carcinogenic substances that destroy the epithelium of the skin, which causes pigment spots to develop. impaired metabolic processes in the body or vitamin C deficiency, occur in diseases of the liver, biliary tract, as well as in violation of the functioning of the endocrine glands, especially this Xia case, if disrupted adrenal glands.
- Also, pigment spots on the skin can appear as a result of metabolic disorders, the use of phototoxic substances, malnutrition, due to age-related changes, hyperthyosis and ovarian disease, with the use of antidepressants and hormonal disorders.
There are a lot of reasons why pigment spots can appear, and only a specialist can make an accurate diagnosis after a comprehensive examination of the body.-
- Before you apply day cream on your face, it is useful to wipe your skin with an ice cube with the addition of lemon juice and parsley. With dry skin, it is better to not wipe the entire skin, but only places with brown spots and freckles.
- With the advent of spring, to protect against unwanted pigmentation, you should actively use sunscreen cosmetics.
- Various whitening creams also help in the fight for whiteness. But before buying, you should carefully read the composition, as many creams contain mercury, which accelerates skin aging. Such supplements are especially dangerous for pregnant women and lactating mothers, as well as for patients suffering from kidney and liver diseases. Such harmful ointments can be replaced with medical cosmetics based on hydrogen peroxide, salicylic alcohol, perhydrol, shark oil or citric acid.
- You can resort to the methods of laser resurfacing of the face and photo rejuvenation, which should be carried out by experienced cosmetologists. Using these methods, you can easily remove freckles, age spots and chloasms, returning the skin a healthy, radiant and clean look.
Pigmented spots and freckles can of course be removed if you try, but think about it, maybe they are the highlight that many women aspire to and shouldn’t be removed? In any case, it's up to you to decide.