Sinusitis is one of the most common pathologies, the occurrence of which is provoked by bactericidal microorganisms. Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal sinuses leads to pain and discomfort. There are many ways to cure sinusitis. Treatment of folk remedies is considered very effective.
How to recognize the disease?
Few of us rush to visit the attending specialist when primary symptoms appear. It is important to know that all the nasal sinuses are inextricably linked to the oral cavity, therefore, in no case should we neglect the treatment of such an ailment. Before we consider the treatment of antritis with folk remedies at home, I would like to pay special attention to the symptoms of this pathology.
There is such a disease solely due to infection. Bactericidal microorganisms affect the mucous membrane, against the background of which inflammatory processes develop. In medical practice is found and sinusitis, which has a viral nature. However, it does not represent a particular health hazard, so today we are going to discuss exactly the sinus infection type. As a rule, the development of inflammation is always accompanied by the accumulation of purulent masses in the sinuses.
Treating specialists pathology of the maxillary sinuses is conventionally divided into two categories:
Symptoms that develop in acute form are characterized by the following symptoms:
- pain syndrome of varying intensity when moving neck or head;
- increased low-grade fever;
- nasal congestion;
- nasal discharge with a greenish or yellowish tint;
- pain in the larynx;
- loss of smell;
- decreased appetite;
- general weakness;
- loud snoring during the night.
If the acute type of sinusitis is not properly and timely treated, then a chronic form of pathology can develop. With the development of the disease in the chronic stage, periodically relapse occurs, which requires mandatory treatment. In the presence of purulent accumulations in the sinuses, the person should immediately contact the attending specialist.
Symptoms are typical for sinusitis that develops in chronic form:
- headaches that are not associated with the site of inflammation;
- constant runny nose and discharge from the nasal passages;
- change of voice timbre;
- excessive fatigue;
- decreased functionality of the olfactory receptors.
Acceptable treatment of chronic sinusitis folk remedies, but only after passing a full examination and consultation with the doctor.
Phytotherapy is prohibited: contraindications for the treatment of sinusitis
Doctors have recently been accepting various means of traditional medicine for the treatment of a particular ailment. Infectious-type sinusitis is very dangerous for health, so doctors recommend not to neglect the examination and strictly follow their recommendations. To make the treatment effective, it is best to combine the use of pharmacological drugs and traditional medicine.
Be sure to go to the hospital and not engage in self-treatment in such cases:
- when smell of rot from the nasal passages and oral cavity;
- with a sharp rise in subfebrile temperature to critical points;
- with intense headaches of different localization;
- with nosebleeds.
It is not recommended to use herbal remedies for the treatment of sinusitis that develops in the acute stage. It is in this form that pathology develops very quickly and phytomedications may not have a timely, necessary and effective effect on the site of inflammation.
Herbal medicine: take a course for recovery
Treatment of sinusitis folk remedies - a responsible and difficult task. The most effective ways must be complex. It is best to combine, as already mentioned, taking medication and herbal remedies. At home, treatment of the pathology of the maxillary sinuses can be done in several ways:
- using drops and ointments;
- warming up;
- flushing of the nasal passages;
- carrying out inhalation procedures;
- treatment of bee products.
A number of herbal remedies and medicinal fees help cope with the ailment of various forms of development. For the treatment of inflammatory processes occurring in the maxillary sinuses, you need to choose only those funds that have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and regenerating properties. These include:
- garlic cloves;
- oak leaves;
- marsh wild rosemary;
- chamomile flowers;
- inflorescences of Hypericum;
- raw beets;
- fresh lemons;
- aloe leaves;
- dried sage;
- calendula flowers;
- birch leaves and buds;
- hot red pepper;
- golden mustache, etc.
The tool №1
Oddly enough, but the bulbous roots of the well-known spring flower of the sprout perfectly help to cope with sinusitis.
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed onion juice;
- 1 h. Calendula juice.
Preparation and use:
- Mix in a separate bowl the above components in equal parts.
- Then we dilute pure juice with filtered water in the ratio 1: 5.
- The resulting solution is dripped into each nostril about 2-3 drops.
- Perform such a procedure should be no more than 1 time per day.
- The duration of the treatment course varies from 7 to 14 days.
The tool №2
Everyone knows the beneficial and antimicrobial properties of sea salt. This product should be used for flushing the nasal passages. Approximately 1 tsp. diluted in a glass of filtered and some warm water. For washing, you can use a small medical bulb or syringe for injection without a needle.
During washing, the head should be tilted to the side so that the liquid gets into the maxillary sinuses. This tool copes with inflammation, destroys germs, and also facilitates the respiratory process.
The tool №3
At home, you can prepare an effective ointment for sinusitis. As a rule, the relief of symptoms is observed already for 3-5 days of the use of such herbal remedies. We want to draw attention to the fact that treatment in this way is carried out by introducing tampons into the nasal passages. During the procedure, tampons need to enter alternately and at the same time take a horizontal position on the opposite side. All components listed below are taken in equal parts.
- sunflower oil;
- baking soda;
- liquid honey
Preparation and use:
- In the glass bowl mix the necessary components.
- Thoroughly mix everything until a mass of homogeneous consistency.
- We roll tampons from cotton wool or gauze cut and weave them abundantly in the prepared mixture.
- Alternately introduce tampons in the right and left nostril.
- Hold the swab in each nasal passage for 20 minutes.
The tool №4
If Kalanchoe grows on your window sill, then this plant can be used to treat inflammation of the maxillary sinuses. After about 5 days from the symptoms of the disease will not remain a trace.
- Kalanchoe sheets - 5 pcs.
Preparation and use:
- We crush leaves to a porridge state.
- Flush the nasal passages with saline.
- Introduce the mush in each nostril.
- After about 3 minutes, we will start sneezing. This will signal the end of the procedure.
- Remove the leaves from the nose and wash the passages again with saline.
This is the way a person works, that before starting the treatment of a particular ailment, we look for other people to get feedback on the phytomedications and pharmacological preparations used. On the side there is no treatment of folk remedies for sinusitis.
According to many people who are faced with this ailment, freshly beet juice is very effective. These drops should be used before bedtime.
Greater popularity in the treatment of sinusitis has become a real butter fat without impurities. In combination with propolis, this tool helps to get rid of the symptoms of pathology.
Many people also share their opinions about the effectiveness of aromatherapy and inhalation treatments. To do this, you can use different oil extracts.
Treatment of sinusitis must be comprehensive and carried out under the supervision of a physician. Take care of your health, and when the primary signs appear, go to the attending specialist. Self-treatment can lead to the development of complicated consequences, because phyto-means are not always able to quickly affect the affected areas of the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinuses. Be healthy!