Inflammation of the lungs in children is called pneumonia, usually caused by an acute inflammatory inflammatory process of the bronchi and alveoli.
Factors of the disease of children pneumonia The following diseases may become: malnutrition, congenital heart disease, immunodeficiency states. Older children have other factors that cause inflammation of the lungs: smoking, including passive or hypothermia.
Causes of pneumonia in children
Very often, the cause of pneumonia in children is the bacterial flora, especially streptococcus. Such inflammation of the lungs can develop after diseases of the upper respiratory tract, flu or a cold. But most often the causative agent of pneumonia is a virus. Most often, such pneumonia occurs in winter and is characterized by a not as acute character as bacterial inflammation of the lungs.
Sometimes, but in more rare cases, pathogens can be microorganisms with the properties of bacteria or viruses, called mycoplasmas. The parasites and fungi are also the causative agents of pneumonia in children, but this happens much less frequently.
Symptoms of pneumonia in children
The symptoms of this disease are very similar to those of flu or a cold. Depending on the cause, the symptoms may be different.
- TO symptoms of bacterial pneumonia include: acute chest pain, tremors, fever, accelerated breathing, heavy sweating, rapid pulse, cough with greenish, reddish or thick sputum. Symptoms of this type of pneumonia can appear both gradually and acutely.
- Symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas, very similar to bacterial pneumonia, but much less pronounced.
- Withviral pneumonia The following symptoms usually occur: dry cough, muscular and headache, fever, overwork, severe shortness of breath, weakness.
It is urgent to call an ambulance if the child began to choke, there was pain in his chest, chills, blue nasolabial triangle and nails, it is difficult for him to swallow, hear hoarse and heavy breathing, his general condition after the flu or cold has deteriorated. In any case, the appearance of these symptoms should immediately consult a doctor, and to relieve the condition, give antipyretic drugs and cough medicine.
- Inflammation of the lungs in children can be either intrauterine or acquired.Intrauterine pneumonia occurs due to infection during the termination of pregnancy or during labor of ingestion of amniotic fluid. Pneumonia of the newborn is focal and interstitial. The main complication is compaction in the lungs, due to which gas exchange is disturbed. Appears bouts of cyanosis, mucus from the mouth.
- In children with pneumonia in combination with allergic diathesis, the predisposition to inflammation of the mucous membranes plays a major role. There is a strong cough.
How is pneumonia diagnosed in children?
To make a diagnosis of pneumonia, the child must have the following main symptoms:
- Shadows at X-ray,
- Changes in the blood.
To confirm the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes a chest X-ray. The causative agent of pneumonia is determined by conducting special tests of sputum and blood. When a fungal or bacterial infection is detected, antifungal drugs or antibacterial therapy are prescribed.
If the diagnosis of pneumonia in children is confirmed, they must be hospitalized. In case of late treatment to the doctor such complications, as edema and abscess of the lungs, inflammation of the pleura, respiratory disorders.
Prevention of pneumonia in children
The best way to avoid the occurrence in children of such a formidable disease as pneumonia is its prevention.
- Children who are at risk, suffer from asthma or chronic bronchitis, you can make specially developed vaccines.
- Since in most cases pneumonia appears very often in children as a complication of the flu, annual vaccinations against it will also be a method for the prevention of pneumonia.
- Make sure that children wash their hands with soap for at least 30 s more often, this will help remove microorganisms that can cause pneumonia.
- Maintain immunity in children with the help of sports exercises, proper rest and healthy nutrition.
- Do not smoke with children, it reduces the resistance of their lungs and bronchi to infections.
Carefully watch and care for your newborns and babies. In case of any discomfort, contact a specialist for medical help; in no case do not resort to self-treatment. And if you yourself felt unwell, diagnose your condition by reading the article.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Alenka, Julia