Signs of mushroom poisoning

Mushrooms cause serious poisoning. First of all, you need to learn to distinguish poisonous mushrooms from edible. Of considerable importance is the processing, storage, preparation of mushrooms. What are the first signs that a person has been poisoned by mushrooms? The most common types of poisonous mushrooms are the fly agaric, the toadstool, and false govorium.

The most dangerous for the health of mushrooms

The most dangerous fungus - pale grebe. Her poisons are able to enter the body in the shortest possible time, they have a wide range of distribution. If the child eats at least a third of the pale toadstool, the poisoning will occur immediately.

There are substances in the fly-agaric that can penetrate into all the cells of the body and damage them from the inside, as a result of which the liver, kidneys, and most importantly the brain suffer.

Worth keeping in mind that the toxins contained in the mushrooms, do not decompose in the stomach, in the process of digesting food.

Conditionally poisonous fungi include organisms (lines), which include the poisonous substance — Helwellic acid. But even with this condition they are widely used for human consumption. After 10-12 minutes of boiling, the gelwell acid is converted into a solution, and the mushrooms, after washing and removing moisture, can, without fear, be prepared in a simple way. The gelwell acid does not break when boiled, therefore the water in which the mushrooms were boiled must be immediately drained.

Clearing the lines from gelveolla acid also occurs by drying. Dried lines after two weeks of storage are completely cleared of harmful substances and become completely edible.

Such types of mushrooms as morel conical and morel cap, are similar to the lines, so before use they also need to boil and drain the broth.

Many mushroom pickers, having seen on the mushroom the traces of its defeat by a worm, put it at home in water. It is believed that the worms will leave the "abode" and the mushrooms will be cleared, but this is a profound error - the larvae may crawl out, but the harmful substances secreted by them will remain inside the fungus. Only relatively young, strong, undamaged mushrooms are fit for human consumption.

It is best to keep mushrooms in a cool place, in a wooden container; glass or enameled (with intact enamel) dishes are also suitable. It is forbidden to store salted and pickled mushrooms in galvanized dishes.

Symptoms of mushroom poisoning

Poisoning by fungi can occur after they are eaten: poorly boiled or poorly salted, old fungi that have accumulated a lot of bacteria and decomposition products of protein substances in the process of their vital activity.

Signs of poisoning usually manifest themselves some time after eating poisonous mushrooms:

  • A grebe is a sign of poisoning within 6-24 hours after taking 1 / 3grib and more, namely: nausea, vomiting, fever, abdominal pain, muscle pain, diarrhea (diarrhea), often with blood. In the aftermath of the yellowjack, cramps, pulse weak, lack of urine, breathing disorder, flattening of the jaws.

  • Red Amanita - symptoms of poisoning appear after 30-40 minutes, in rare cases 2 hours after eating mushrooms, they usually are: nausea, abdominal pain, shortness of breath, vomiting, excessive tearing, diarrhea, sweating, salivation, copious sputum cough, delirium, lowering blood pressure, hallucinations, convulsions.
  • Amanita Panther - dry skin and mucous membranes, pupils dilate, pulse quickens.
  • Stitches, morels (after eating undercooked or poorly processed mushrooms, or after taking mushroom broth) - weakness of the organism as a whole, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea (diarrhea). In more severe cases, fainting, jaundice, convulsions, lack of urine, stopping urination.

Anyway, If you notice signs of mushroom poisoning, you should immediately consult a doctor. At the same time, the first aid should be given to the injured person - if the person is conscious - flush the stomach with a finger or the spoon handle, by pressing on the base of the tongue, induce vomiting in him. Washing the stomach should be repeated 2-3 times (until clean wash water is from 10 to 12 liters of slightly warm water, in parts of 300-500 ml). When seizures appear, the main thing is to prevent the loss of breathing, due to spasmodic muscles, therefore it is necessary to insert a spoon handle in the mouth of the victim, which must be wrapped with gauze or a handkerchief in advance.

Also when cooling the victim's feet, you need to attach a heating pad to the feet and lower leg. You can also give the patient to drink cold salted water in small sips (the solution must be made on the basis of proportions: one teaspoon of table salt for 1 cup of water). It is strictly forbidden to give alcohol to the victim, as it accelerates the process of the spread of poison in the blood. The uneaten food consumed by the victim or the vomit must be shown to a specialist for further research.

See also:How to distinguish edible mushrooms from false?

But do not give up eating mushrooms, because of them you can cook a lot of delicious dishes - from salads - to soups! You just need to follow the technique of cooking mushrooms and be careful when collecting them!

Add a comment