Now you can hardly meet people who would not have heard of appendicitis. For adults, appendicitis is an unpleasant thing. It is quite difficult to diagnose. In childhood, operations are better tolerated.
But how not to confuse appendicitis with another disease, for example, poisoning or problems with the gastrointestinal tract? When parents of a child need to be anxious urgently?
What is appendicitis?
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix (appendix of the cecum). The fact is that there are organs in the human body that have now lost their function and regressed in development. We got such organs from our ancestors. The appendix is one of these organs. This is a process of the cecum. Many believe that there can get skins from seeds and other indigestible food residues. The appendix can become inflamed and you have appendicitis, which will need to be cut.
However, this is a common misconception. There are seeds with skins, of course, not, but appendicitis does not arise therefore.
Causes of Appendicitis in Children
In general, the causes of inflammation of the appendix may be several.
- It is often associated with nutrition. Children love flour and sweet, and this is very bad for the intestines. The intestine can make itself felt, including inflammation of the appendix. Protein foods also negatively affect the baby’s body. You can not feed children with meat and other similar protein products. It is best to teach children from a small age to a balanced diet, do not allow them to get fat on the sweet and flour.
- Plant children a love for vegetables and fruits, dairy products, as well as first courses.
- Fried, fatty and salty should also be minimized in baby food. Because such food leads to an increase in acetone in children's urine. And, therefore, provokes appendicitis.
- With improper nutrition, intestinal problems can turn into dysbiosis, inflammatory processes, and these are the causes of appendicitis in childhood.
- It is believed that even a cold can cause appendicitis, because during the illness the child’s immunity is weakened.
Signs of appendicitis in children
Recognizing appendicitis, as already mentioned, is not easy. Even an adult can confuse an appendix inflammation with something else. The child does not yet have enough knowledge about his own body. Therefore, parents should be attentive to the complaints and well-being of their children. First of all, it is important to know that appendicitis is possible in children from the age of three. Earlier - these are exceptional cases. At the age of 7 to 12 years, appendix inflammation is most likely. Although it happens far from all children!
The main sign of appendicitis in childhood is lower abdominal pain. The pain can be either on the right or on the left. Many parents stop worrying about appendicitis if the child complains of pain in the left side. They say there can not be appendicitis, then it is not him. Indeed, the process of the cecum in most people is on the right side. However, pain can also occur on the left or on both sides. Many parents have probably heard about the irradiation of pain. When pain from one organ is given in another organ or place.-
For little children who do not yet speak, pain is not difficult to recognize. As soon as you touch the baby’s belly, he will start crying, pushing away your hand or head, dodging you. If you suspect abdominal pain in a baby, you need to consult a doctor, because the doctor will be able to make the correct diagnosis. So, with appendicitis, the radiation of pain is a very common phenomenon.
Therefore, for one pain appendicitis cannot be recognized. There are other signs of appendicitis.
- Bad general well-being. A child may complain of general weakness.
- Nervous excitement. Norna system is very susceptible to changes in the child's body. The child becomes tearful irritable. He has a bad, sometimes depressed state.
- Increased body temperature. The temperature can rise as slightly as 38.8 ° C.
- Nausea and vomiting. Not all children react to appendicitis this way, but someone may have nausea attacks that reach vomiting.
What to do if you suspect a child has appendicitis?
Of course, with severe pain, with strong attacks, call an ambulance. While waiting for the doctors, ask the child to lie on the right side - the pain should dull slightly. Do not pain the pain, because it will be difficult for the doctor to determine what exactly is with the child.
To treat appendicitis yourself no one will allow you. Here only surgical intervention is necessary. So take courage and do not show your child your tears!
As a rule, children either their own abnormal behavior or the carelessness of parents bring children to an acute condition. There are children who do not complain of pain, especially for boys, sometimes they are embarrassed to show weakness.
Acute appendicitis is dangerous because a possible complication - peritonitis. This is a phenomenon when appendicitis is broken and pus from it goes into the internal environment of the body. If you delay with the provision of medical care, you can get a blood infection. But it is better not to allow this, carefully observing the well-being of your child. The main thing is to be able to recognize the signs of appendicitis in your child in time and seek medical help!