Seborrheic dermatitis expressed in the revitalization of the sebaceous glands. The sebaceous glands are located on the face, and when the chemical composition of the sebum changes, seborrheic dermatitis appears.
If aseborrheic dermatitis on the facefor a long time does not pass, you need to contact a dermatologist, so that he established the cause and prescribed the necessary treatment.
Seborrheic dermatitis on the face
Seborrheic dermatitis on the faceusually occurs during puberty. The fact is that during this period there is a restructuring of the body. Sometimes seborrheic dermatitis can cause itching, peeling and irritation of the skin. It affects those areas of the face where the greatest amount of fat is released, i.e. nose, forehead and chin (the so-called T-zone). Often, in conjunction with seborrhea, inflammatory infection joins, which provokes the appearance of acne, boils, black spots, etc.
Seborrheic dermatitis can affect different parts of the face. Seborrhea in the area of the beard, eyelashes, mustache and eyebrows is called blepharitis.. If seborrhea has struck areas in the nasolabial folds, on the nose and behind the ears, this is called seborrheic "butterfly." Seborrheic dermatitis may be complicated by the occurrence on the ground peeling of hemorrhagic crusts, which are difficult to get rid of.
Oily seborrhea appears most often on the face., which is characterized by the appearance of comedones and oily luster on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. The skin color becomes a bit grayish and unhealthy in appearance.
Seborrheic dermatitis: causes
Primary excitement of seborrheic dermatitis on the face - fungus Malassezia furfur, which is present in all inhabitants of the planet Earth. This is one of the components of the normal microflora of the skin. Malassezia furfur accumulate near the sebaceous glands and secrete a secret as a source of fatty acids. Fatty acids are essential for fungus growth.
Malassezia furfur breaks down sebum into free fatty acids, which in turn provoke various skin rashes.
TO other causes of seborrheic dermatitis on the faceinclude the following:
- Weakening of immunity
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases
- Nervous stresses and failure of the normal functioning of the nervous system
- Hormonal restructuring of the body in adolescence
- Thyroid gland malfunction
- Increased sebum secretion and excessive sweating
- Endocrine Disorders
- Incorrectly selected cosmetic products for face care.
- The presence in the body of a source of chronic infection
- Lack of sleep
Usually, seborrheic dermatitis on the face affects men, because their blood contains large amounts of androgen (male hormone). This hormone stimulates sebum. The more androgen in the blood, the stronger the sebum secretion.
Seborrheic dermatitis on the face: symptoms and signs
When seborrheic dermatitis on the face bubbles appear characteristic of weeping eczema. The only difference is that the skin does not get wet, but only becomes covered with a greasy film. The size of the bubbles varies from 5 to 20 mm. Reddish spots may appear next to the bubbles, peeling off. These spots have a greasy texture.
The main symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the face:-
- Itching, peeling, and inflammation of the skin.
- An unpleasant rash of yellow-red greasy or dry scaly bubbles with clear borders near the eyebrows, nose, eyelashes and cheeks appears.
- Burning sensation over the entire face.
If it is illiterate to find a treatment for seborrheic dermatitis on the face, the disease will progress even more and may affect the entire surface of the face. Peeling will take on a bright shape, the scales will become thick, oily and turn yellow. Sometimes bacterial infection joins seborrheic dermatitis.
Seborrheic dermatitis on the face: drug treatment
Usually, dermatologists for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis on the face prescribed corticosteroids, who fight the fungus Malassezia furfur. These tools include various ointments, which include hormones that can provoke addiction and complications. Among complications can highlight the following:
- Skin thinning
- Eritrema - severe redness of the skin
- Teleangiectasia - Vascular X-Ray
- The appearance or worsening of oral dermatitis (rash around the skin of the mouth)
- The appearance of rosacea (rosacea)
Because of possible complications, the use of corticosteroids should be carried out under the strict supervision of a dermatologist.
Also, when seborrhea can register physiotherapy, which include cryomassage, UV radiation, exposure to high frequency current by the Darsonval apparatus. These procedures have virtually no side effects, and the appearance of the skin of the face improves: skin itching is removed, inflammation improves, microcirculation improves, skin epidermis becomes more stable, skin immunity to mechanical damage is increased.
In addition, the doctor may prescribe anti-allergens, antibiotics and a complex of vitamins:
- Multivitamin Complexes
- Vitamins of groups A and E, and also fish oil
Seborrheic dermatitis on the face: folk remedies
In addition to medication, a good effect has folk remedies that will restore your skin to a healthy look and former beauty, as well as relieve inflammation and flaking.
- Grate the pulp of cucumbers on a fine grater and apply to the affected place for 15 minutes. This procedure soothes inflamed skin.
- Take 2 tbsp. one of the herbs (chamomile, calendula, plantain leaves or St. John's wort) and pour 1.5 tbsp. water. Bring to a boil and cover for 20 minutes, reducing the heat to low. After allowing the broth to cool and infuse for 1 hour. Strain and use the tincture to wipe and lotion.
- Well helps to get rid of seborrheic dermatitis on the face of the essential oil of tea tree, which has antifungal effect. To do this, dissolve 20 drops of oil in 0.5 st. warm water. Wipe your face with this composition and make compresses on the affected areas.
See also: Cheap and cheerful: inexpensive analogs of Fenestil gel
By following these tips, you will get rid of seborrheic dermatitis on the face. Just do not delay treatment so that seborrhea does not progress.