Many paintings, songs, poems devoted to a truly unique plant - mountain ash. How beautiful the red berries look against the background of a snow-covered forest or garden, and the birds that stay with us to winter, love this delicacy very much. Rowan is no less interesting in practical terms; its range of useful properties cannot be overestimated.
Rowan: useful properties and contraindications
Rowan is a medicinal plant, and its most interesting are 2 of its species - red or black and black. Approximately 82% of the fruits of mountain ash consist of water, and the remaining percentage composition is occupied by extremely useful components for the human body - proteins, carbohydrates, dietary fibers, which promote digestion. As part of the fruits of mountain ash, there are a large number of vitamins and minerals, which can explain its medicinal properties. But still the chemical composition and indications for use will depend on the type of plant.
Despite its unique composition, mountain ash will have a number of contraindications, which are almost the same for any species. First of all, it is an increased acidity of the stomach, ulcers. The use of mountain ash is contraindicated in case of increased blood clotting and tendency to thrombophlebitis. Doctors recommend caution to use the berry for pregnant women.
What is special red rowan?
- First of all, red rowan is famous for its high content of vitamin C, and this amount is much higher than the concentration of vitamin in lemons. The content of vitamin P makes it unique medicinal raw materials in relation to the nervous system. It eliminates excessive irritability, insomnia and general weakness of the body.
- In addition, in the mountain ash is a huge stock of trace elements - manganese, zinc, potassium, iron, magnesium, copper, etc. And the iron in it is several times more than in apples. Ripe berries contain a large amount of organic acids - malic, citric, succinic, and others. Rowan berries also contain tannins and pectins, a number of amino acids, and essential oils.
- The use of berries will contribute to the activation of metabolism, for these reasons, it is recommended that people use during the stages of recovery from serious illnesses. Rowan is also recommended for the prevention and treatment of hypovitaminosis, especially in the winter and spring period of time. It can be prescribed for certain types of anemia - iron deficiency, due to the large amount of iron. Doctors recommend combining rowan and nettle, because together they act more efficiently.
- Rowan can be prescribed for the prevention of vascular diseases and the cardiovascular system in general, as well as in the treatment of diseases of the liver and stomach. Broth berries have a pronounced gall-and diuretic effect, can also be used as a mild laxative. For individuals with regular flatulence, mountain ash will help get rid of excessive gas formation in the intestines.
- Berry is used not only as a medicinal component, but also for cosmetic purposes. Cooking a mask will help smooth out wrinkles.
- Directly in the treatment can be used all parts of the plant - berries, bark, flowers and even leaves. But the most often used fruit. Ideally, you should use raw berries, as in this form all vitamins are best preserved. But it is worth remembering about the uniqueness of the plant - mountain ash should lie in the cold, and, the more, the better. Only in this way is the full ripening of the berries, and the consolidation of the beneficial composition.
- From the fruits of mountain ash, you can make fresh jam - the fruit is passed through a meat grinder and add sugar - half the volume of berries. Store the mixture in the refrigerator.
Healing Strength of Blackberry Rowan
Chokeberry also contains a large amount of vitamins - A, C, B, E, P, PP. In addition, it contains a large number of trace elements - manganese, copper, boron, magnesium, iron, and most importantly a substance useful for the body - iodine. A lot of berries and organic acids - folic, nicotinic, malic. As well as in usual, in black chokeberry contain tannins and pectin substances. Which greatly and positively affects digestion.
Pectins promote normal digestion, relieve intestinal spasms and have a choleretic effect. One of the most significant beneficial effects from the use of chokeberry is the normalization of blood pressure and the reduction of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
It is recommended to use the fruits of chokeberry in case of violations of the blood coagulation system, rheumatism, and diabetes mellitus. Long-term studies have shown that regular use of berries contributes to an increase in immunity, and positively affects the endocrine system.
There are a lot of recipes for preparing rowan berries, but in order to achieve a true healing effect, you need to be sure that berries have been picked correctly. In addition, in order for the mountain ash to "get stronger", it must be hardened with the first frosts, and only after that, one can say that the prepared jams, tinctures, fruit drinks, and other mixtures will give a full healing effect.