Many are faced with such an unpleasant disease, like tartar. It is a white, yellow, brown or green patina, which appears between the teeth. At the initial stage, the sediment is quite soft, but over time it becomes harder and harder. Those who are familiar with this problem, probably wondered - how to remove the tartar?
Dental calculus: causes
The reasons for the appearance of tartar can serve as various factors:
- Toothpaste of poor quality;
- Incorrectly selected toothbrush;
- Frequent consumption of too soft foods;
- Chewing only one side of the jaw;
- Disruption of salt metabolism in the body;
- Uneven arrangement of teeth or their weariness;
- Frequent consumption of strong tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, fatty and sweet foods;
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages.
Check the presence of tartar by visiting a dentist. Using special tools, he will examine the oral cavity and determine the formation of a defect even under the gums. As for the first signs, with the help of which it is possible to determine the presence of tartar on its own - this is unpleasant smell from the mouth, the appearance of plaque, bleeding gums.
How to remove tartar at home?
Grate the radish, add the juice of the 1st lemon. Cooked mixture should be chewed several times a day, then spit out and brush your teeth with paste.
- Pour 50 g of walnut tree bark with 300 ml of boiling water, put the mixture on the fire and boil for about 20 minutes. Cool the broth ready and brush your teeth for 5 minutes 3 times a day.
- Mix 1 tsp. soda, add 20 drops of hydrogen peroxide and a few drops of lemon juice. Stir the mixture and, using a cotton swab, apply it to the accumulations of tartar. Apply gently, taking care not to touch the gums. After 5 - 10 minutes, rinse the mouth. The frequency of this procedure should be about once every 2 weeks.
- In 1 tbsp. warm water dissolve 1 tbsp. l honey Rinse your mouth with a prepared solution daily before bedtime. The course of treatment can last several months.
- Wet your toothbrush, sprinkle it with salt, and brush your teeth along with the gums for 2 - 3 minutes. This procedure should be carried out for several months according to a specific schedule: the first 2 weeks brush the teeth with salt every day, then 1 week - every other day, and a week later - 2 times enough. Then go to 1 procedure a week until the end of treatment, that is, another 2-3 months.
- People who often suffer from tartar it is useful to rinse your mouth with a decoction of horsetail. Pour 3 tbsp. dried herbs 1st. boiling water, close tightly and wrap a towel to keep warm. Insist the decoction 1 hour. After strain the tincture and caress the mouth cavity 2 times - in the morning and in the evening.
- An excellent remedy for tartar is cloves. You can rub problem areas with flower petals or rinse your mouth with clove powder. In a few days you will see the result.
- Apples are another effective home-made way to get rid of tartar. Regular consumption of apples will help to clean the teeth from plaque.
- To clean the teeth, you can use fresh strawberries. Wipe your teeth with fresh berries every day and see the result in a week. They will become noticeably whiter, the plaque and tartar will practically disappear.
How to get rid of tartar?
There is a sufficient number of methods for removing tartar that a dentist can offer you. Previously, cleaning was carried out mechanically using special hooks. Due to inefficiency, soreness and damage to the gums, it was decided to abandon this method in favor of modern and more progressive ones.
Ultrasonic scale removal- A new technology in the fight against teeth fossils. It gives 100% result of cleansing the teeth and gums. Only use ultrasound should be careful with cardiovascular diseases, it is prohibited in the presence of a pacemaker. How does ultrasound work? Everything is simple - it causes vibration and vibrations of a certain frequency, at which the tooth surface is gently cleaned from stones, without injuring it and the gum. When the stone has collapsed, the dentist removes its remains from the surface of the teeth with the help of special polishing tips. After this procedure, the teeth are treated with a special varnish, which is quickly and easily absorbed and strengthens the enamel.
When ultrasound removes tartar, oxygen is released from the water, which disinfects the treated area. In addition, the root and gums are mechanically cleaned. The process of removing tartar is performed absolutely bloodless and painless. In case of high sensitivity of the teeth, the removal of the stone is carried out using an anesthetic gel.
The removal of tartar is made by a laser, but this method is not as popular as ultrasound. The principle of laser action is similar to the removal of tartar using ultrasound and is aimed at breaking up fossil deposits into small pieces. Only laser equipment is several times more expensive than ultrasound, so not many clinics will be ready to offer it to you.
The principle of tartar removal using the AirFlow method is as follows. Under high pressure, a special solution gets on the teeth. As a result of air-abrasive treatment, their surface is cleared of yellow bloom and surface pigmentation. This method is used as an auxiliary, after removal of tartar with ultrasound. Air-abrasive treatment removes its residues in hard-to-reach areas, enamel is polished and polished. AirFlow technique can be effective and as an independent procedure, but only in the fight against stone formations in the initial stages.
Chemical etching is exactly the same as air-abrasive treatment is used as an auxiliary method. Exposure is carried out with the help of acids or alkalis, which allow you to dissolve or soften the tartar, facilitating its further removal. At present, modern methods of removal have practically supplanted chemical treatment.
Dental calculus: prevention
- It is necessary to follow your diet. Eat more foods that need to be chewed: raw vegetables and fruits, crackers, nuts, etc. Do not forget to brush your teeth regularly (morning and evening). If possible, caress your mouth after each meal, or at least chew the gum.
- You undergo a routine check-up at the dentist at least 2 times a year - this is the only way to know in time what diseases you face and to prevent their development.
- To clean the mouth of food debris, choose only quality toothbrushes - with 2 levels or more, of different shapes and sizes, with different arrangement of bristles and the possibility of gum massage. The brush should be medium hard - soft is used only for sensitive teeth. Using ultrasonic brushes and irrigators can also help in the fight against uncomplicated stones. The heads of the brushes make quick movements (approximately 10 thousand movements per minute), which allows you to effectively sweep up the plaque.
- Toothpaste can be used as an available prophylactic against tartar. Well suited fluorine and bleaching options. The first have a safe abrasiveness, with which you can remove plaque. The second ones are biologically active and are able to increase the resistance of teeth to caries, which is very important in case of tendency to the formation of tartar.
Dental calculus is one of the most common oral cavity problems that anyone can face. It can be detected and removed by contacting the dentist, but it is better to prevent the formation of a defect. Experts say that tartar is most often caused by alcohol and smoking, so give up bad habits.