Many parents mistakenly believe that the baby's red cheeks indicate his excellent health. Of course, a light blush should be, but at the same time it should not be accompanied by capillary veins, peeling and pimples.
The reasons for the appearance of red cheeks in a child can be completely different, but almost always they indicate the appearance of some health problems for the baby, requiring the help of a doctor.
Red hot cheeks in a child
Answering the question of why a baby’s red cheeks are definitely not possible is difficult to determine the real cause without a medical examination. After all, there are a lot of causes of redness.
- Red cheeks in a child may occur due to overheating, when the baby is dressed too warm. In this case, it is enough to change the child and give him water.
- High temperatures can also cause red cheeks, so it is necessary to measure the temperature before taking the next steps and, if it is high, consult a doctor.
- The most common causes of red cheeks are diathesis and an allergic reaction. Diathesis occurs on the background of allergy with the whole complex of disorders in the baby’s body. Allergy becomes a catalyst for the onset of the disease process. For the treatment of both allergies and diathesis, you need to find an allergen and eliminate it. Antiallergic creams and preparations are also commonly prescribed.
Red spots on the cheeks of a child: causes
- Red spots on the cheeks can occur with erythema infectious disease. Before the red spots appear on the cheeks, a child has 4 days of cold symptoms such as fever, runny nose, headache, nausea, and vomiting. After that, red spots appear with simultaneous blanching of the skin around the lips.
- Red spots can also be caused by systemic lupus erythematosus, which is also manifested by erythema, but spreads from the tip of the nose to the cheeks in the form of a butterfly. Sometimes accompanied by a rash, as with measles. But necessarily accompanied by serious symptoms: damage to the joints, kidneys, spleen, the onset of fever.
- Red-lilac spots on the cheeks appear with dermatomyositis. Accompanied by general weakness, fever, apathy, weakness, progressive muscle weakness, red spots on the feet and under the eyes.
- Red spots on the cheeks may appear with childhood roseola disease. It is characterized by a rapid rise in temperature, after 3 days - the appearance of loose stools with mucus, and then the appearance of red spots and a rash all over the body. At the same time there are no runny nose and cough.
- Red spots on the cheeks may appear due to Wissler's allergic subsepsis, annular erythema, bacterial sepsis, meningococcal meningitis, Stephen-Johnson syndrome. Almost always, all serious diseases are accompanied by the appearance of red spots on the cheeks, but before they appear, symptoms of the disease already appear.
In order to make an accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to seek help from a doctor, only he can prescribe the necessary treatment and cope with the disease.
Why does a child have red cheeks?
Very often diathesis becomes the cause of red cheeks in a child. That is why in maternity homes there is a list of products prohibited by nursing mothers. Allergy in a child can be caused by condensed milk, smoked meats, nuts, honey, seafood, pineapples, pomegranates, persimmon, carrots, tomatoes, melons, mangoes, kiwi, raspberries, chocolate, strawberries, peppers, cocoa, and products that include cocoa, pickles, liver, marinades, mushrooms. The use of these products does not immediately affect the child, but over time it can cause diathesis, and as a result, peeling, red cheeks and rashes.
Sometimes an allergy in the form of red cheeks appears in a child after switching to self-nutrition, even if the mother has been on a diet while breastfeeding. Therefore, in order to avoid the appearance of red cheeks, start feeding babies better with fermented milk products. In this case, ready-made baby food with meat, vegetable purees, juices, let's be careful to exclude those products in which the baby feels worse.
Also red cheeks can cause semolina, despite the fact that it is considered very useful. In addition to a large number of calories, it does not contain anything. Too many buns and pasta can also cause a child's red cheeks. With the appearance of red cheeks do not rush with currants and bananas, adding them to the kid's diet. To identify the allergen that caused the allergy, exclude from the food one by one product.
It is very easy to find out what kind of product the child did not like, if you keep a food diary in which you will record all the products from your diet. It is also better to feed the baby porridge, cooked at home. The safest cereal of all is considered to be buckwheat. Usually diathesis passes without any special consequences for the body, but in rare cases it can cause persistent allergies.
See also: Drops fenistil for children: application, reviews
In any case, it is impossible to self-medicate, when a child has red cheeks, it is necessary to take him for a visit to a doctor. Only a specialist can prescribe the correct and effective treatment. You should not worry much if the child has only red spots on his cheeks, and there are no more symptoms, most likely a reaction to overheating, diathesis or an allergy to some product eaten by the mother. Of course, any of these conditions require medical assistance and treatment, but do not panic. Take care of your little ones and let them never get sick!