Each of us knows about the beneficial properties of grapes. Unfortunately, it is possible to eat these fortified berries only in the fruiting season. However, raisins can be eaten at any time of the year. Dried grapes are of several types: dark, light and with pits. Few people know that raisins help in the treatment of many diseases. So, raisins: the benefits and harm to the human body.
Useful properties of raisins
Raisins can rightly be considered a storehouse of fortified substances, trace elements, minerals and acids. Dried grape fruits contain a huge amount of vitamins A, C and group B. Thanks to the complex vitaminized composition of raisins, a person, having included it in the diet, can satisfy the daily need for the necessary microelements. What effect does raisins have on the body?
These useful properties of these berries are distinguished:
- raisins stimulate the nervous system by enriching cells and tissues with oxygen;
- it promotes the active exchange of proteins;
- the potassium content has a beneficial effect on the heart and urinary system;
- raisins contribute to the normalization of sleep due to the content of vitamins B1, B2, B5;
- grapes have antibacterial effect and can cope with a number of dental diseases;
- reception of raisins helps to remove accumulated fluid, and, therefore, getting rid of edema and normalization of the functioning of the kidneys;
- due to its high potassium content, raisins cleanse the blood well and cope with food poisoning of varying degrees;
- in combination with other means with the help of raisins, furunculosis neoplasms can be cured;
- compulsory element of the diet should be raisins in people who suffer from diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- despite the high content of saccharides and glucose, raisins are indicated for use in diabetes mellitus;
- raisins help to cure diseases of the respiratory system (for example, pneumonia or bronchitis);
- Different varieties of raisins can help cure dysentery and lichen.
Dried apricots, prunes, raisins: the benefits and harm to the child
Despite the beneficial properties of raisins, many mothers fear for the health of their children and reluctantly include grapes in their diets. Raisins are very useful for children's body, especially in combination with prunes and dried apricots. These dried fruits have a number of vitamins and minerals that strengthen the child's immune system.
Raisins have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the intestines and copes with constipation. It is best to introduce such dried fruits into the diet from 1 year. Be sure to grind or chop them. Dried fruits must first be steamed with boiling water, but not boiled, otherwise the raisins, dried apricots and prunes will lose almost half their useful properties.
If a child reluctantly eats raisins, add it to cereal or mash it. Parents must feed the child raisins, because it contains a daily dose of essential vitamins, trace elements, acids and minerals that are so important for the development of the child's body.
The use of raisins in traditional medicine
As already mentioned, raisins perfectly fights against diseases of the upper respiratory tract. At home, you can prepare a cough syrup.
- raisins - 50 g;
- milk - 100 ml.
- Raisins must first be thoroughly washed and soaked in cold water for about 50 minutes.
- After this time, the water is drained.
- It is best to eat soaked raisins before bedtime, washed down with warm milk.
In folk medicine, raisins are also actively used to treat pathologies of the cardiovascular system. According to a special scheme, patients are allowed to eat clean raisins on an empty stomach, gradually reducing the portion. If you add onion juice to a decoction of raisins, you can cure bronchitis and pneumonia. Be sure to consult with your healthcare professional and undergo medical treatment under his supervision.
How to lose weight with dried grapes?
Despite the fact that raisins are considered very high-calorie berries, it is actively used for weight loss. At first glance it may seem that such a high-calorie product will bring only harm, but it is not. Several raisins can be used as a snack between main meals. It perfectly satisfies hunger and enriches the body with necessary vitamins.
If the raisins are included in the decoction of the Seine and Holosas, then you can get rid of extra centimeters. Before taking such tinctures, you should consult with your doctor.
Is it possible to eat raisins during pregnancy?
As you know, raisins are famous for their beneficial properties, and especially for their high iron content. Daily use of this berry will eliminate the anemia or oxygen insufficiency of the fetus. However, you should not overuse the raisins of expectant mothers, because it contributes to the rapid weight gain due to its nutritional value and calorie content.
During lactation it is also advised to use raisins, because it promotes milk flow and increases its fat content. It is not recommended to eat raisins for pregnant women who suffer from diabetes or gastrointestinal diseases.
Harmful properties of dried grapes
Despite the high content of nutrients, raisins are not allowed to all people. In some cases, it can cause harm to the body, due to the large number of saccharides.
Raisins can be harmful if a person has the following diseases:
- GI pathology;
- oral ulcers;
Such a common solar berry, like raisins, can bring both benefit and harm to the human body. Before the introduction of raisins in your daily diet, be sure to consult with your health care professional. Be healthy!