The gifts of nature have always enjoyed increased attention not only as food. Fruits, berries and vegetables occupied their niche in traditional medicine and cosmetology. One of the most valuable fruits, thawing a lot of advantages, is considered to be white radish. Useful properties and contraindications to the use of this product have been known since ancient times in many countries of the world.
The uniqueness of white radish
Juicy and bitter root vegetable is found in different varieties, shapes and colors. However, each radish is a storehouse of vitamins, microelements and other beneficial substances. The low cost of the product in the presence of healing properties has made it incredibly popular with supporters of healthy eating. At the same time, the calorie content of white radish is only 21 kcal per 100 g, which immediately refers the vegetable to the category of dietary.
Useful qualities of radish due to the outstanding mineral and vitamin composition of the product. Each fruit includes the following substances:
- vitamins A;
- vitamin C;
- B vitamins (in particular, biotin, nicotinic acid);
- amino acids;
- essential oils.
The fruits that are consumed in their raw form are the most useful. Raw radish retains maximum healing elements. That is why it is most often preferred to be used in salads, especially in the winter.
Of course, the product has some contraindications (below). However, comparing the benefits and harms of white radish, you will surely become a fan of this unique root crop.
Why is the use of white radish?
Due to its exceptional taste, white radish has taken a worthy place in world cooking. But besides this, the root crop is successfully used as part of folk recipes and as an independent means in the treatment of certain diseases. Useful properties of the product can be listed for a long time, but it has become the most popular for such therapeutic purposes:
- strengthening of immunity due to the volatile ferricides contained in radish;
- blood composition improvement;
- prevention of hypertension due to the normalization of pressure;
- elimination of toxins from the body due to the diuretic effect;
- strengthening the body in order to prevent colds
- treatment of respiratory diseases, bronchitis and asthma;
- healing of wounds, ulcers and abscesses on the skin;
- treatment of jaundice and other diseases of the liver, gallbladder and stomach due to the ability to remove bilirubin;
- cancer prevention due to the presence of detoxicants, vitamin C and folic acid;
- removal of inflammation in urogenital disorders.
In addition, radish is effective in the composition of household cosmetics to prevent wrinkles or eliminate unwanted pigmentation. Also, the root has proven effective in combating skin problems such as acne, cracks and increased dryness.
Due to the low calorie content, the product has gained popularity among people seeking to lose those extra pounds. Frayed root vegetable as part of a salad or side dish contributes to the absorption of food, accelerates metabolic processes. The number and composition of radish recipes will appeal to both lovers of delicious dishes and supporters of simple food.
Possible harm from eating root vegetables
In order to experience all the useful properties of white radish, it is necessary to take into account contraindications before using it for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes. The root crop possesses such a wide range of active components that it forms a whole list of situations in which it can cause certain harm.
Do not get involved in the use of white radish in such cases:
- in acute and chronic diseases of the digestive tract. In such cases, a sharp vegetable should be excluded from the diet;
- in case of disturbances in the work of the heart, the product should be limited to avoid rhythm interruptions;
- during pregnancy, essential oils in the fruit can increase the tone of the uterus, which in the worst case leads to miscarriage;
- if stones are present in the kidneys, the diuretic effect of the radish can have a bad effect on the condition of their owner.
- Green radish: useful properties
- Black radish with cough honey
- Radish during pregnancy
The quantitative advantage of the beneficial properties of the root over cases of potential harm is obvious. Of course, before the active use of the product, it is important to completely eliminate all contraindications. The rest of the white radish will delight you with amazing efficiency, will help strengthen the body and improve well-being.