Gardeners do not like the grass, because this is one of the main weeds, which they are trying to get rid of by any means, if only to eradicate it forever. But this is not so easy to do, because its roots sometimes reach a length of tens of meters!
However, it is the roots of this grass - its main advantage, because they have useful properties. They contain silicic acid, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels. The decoction of this plant is able to resolve violations of carbohydrate and mineral metabolism in the human body.
Also, this plant is sometimes referred to as dog zombomili grass, it belongs to the family of cereals. You can make flour from its well-washed and purified roots (you can still make alcohol, because it contains a lot of sugar), make porridge, mashed potatoes, soup and even salads!
Pyrei: medicinal properties
- Laboratory studies were carried out on this grass several times, as a result of which it was found that wheatgrass is very rich in nutrients. It contains organic acids, fatty oils, fructose, vitamin C and other substances necessary for the human body.
- In ancient times, people very often used this herb to treat various ailments and believed that creeping couch grass has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, as well as analgesic effects and helps in combating diseases such as cystitis, nephritis, and urinary system disease. This plant also helps to remove stones from the bladder.
- Pyrei perfectly eliminates swelling, gouty, internal and arthritic pains. In case of tuberculosis, bronchitis, pneumonia, it has an enveloping, softening and expectorant effect, and also helps with gastritis, prolonged constipation and enterocolitis. In addition, the grass wheatgrass struggles with insomnia, and for the treatment of hemorrhoids, it is enough to make an enema from the decoction of the roots of the plant.
What does wheat grass look like?
Pyrei is a perennial herb that has a rhizome with outward-looking shoots that has a horizontal long shape. These shoots are the organ of the plant reproduction. Its stems are erect, linear, long, the upper part of the plant is rough to the touch. Flowers are inconspicuous, small, enclosed in flowering scales of 2 each, stamens - 3, inflorescence - spicate, which are located at the top of the stem, from 7 to 15 cm long. The grass blooms in May - June, and the grains themselves appear in September.
Separate plant species are weeds that are very difficult to cultivate, they grow very quickly, because of this other plants can die, because weed roots stretch in length for many meters and give birth to all new stems.
There are about 70 species of this plant. In Russia, creeping grass is the most common, which fills gardens, fields, forests, etc. Cattlemen feed them their animals.
In the same time, grasshoppers plant maritime dunes to fix sands. Pyraeus elongated and medium are crossed with wheat for breeding purposes. In this way, botanists developed parasitic and frost-resistant species of wheatgrass hybrid plants. In addition, more grains are harvested on them.
Grass Grass: photo
Bloodthorn Root: Medicinal Properties
- The roots of this herb are widely used in traditional medicine, they are collected in early autumn or late summer. Before drying, weed roots are scrupulously cleaned of roots, leaf sheaths and stems, and then washed in cold water and undergo further harvesting procedures for the winter.
- Raw roots should be dried at a temperature of 60 ° C in special dryers or in the oven, regularly turning and stirring. The finished product must break with a bang, without deforming. Shelf life does not exceed 3 years.
- For diseases of the biliary tract, urinary diseases, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, boil 1 l of water for 8 minutes at 8 tbsp. l wheatgrass roots, then strain the broth and insist 1 hour. Such a means is taken for 4 weeks 2 times a day for 1 glass.
- If a patient has furunculosis, then he needs to drink three times a day, 1 cup by the following means: insist 1 hour 6 tbsp. l roots of the plant, filled with boiling water.
- Also, the root of this weed is recommended to use in case of urinary incontinence, children can be bathed in its broth with diathesis and eczema.
- Flour made from the dried roots of a plant is also used in traditional medicine, using sauces, soups, baking dough for cooking, and sometimes even replacing it with malt in the brewing process.
- As an expectorant and diaphoretic, 20 g of the roots should be filled with 2 cups of plain cold water and left for 12 hours.
Pyrei creeping: contraindications
- Harm this plant can bring gardeners, as it relates to weeds and grows very quickly.
- It is better to refrain from using the products prepared from wheatgrass to those who suffer from acute pancreatitis, hypotension, diarrhea, as well as during the period of acute gastric ulcer.
- Dangerous are the means prepared from the plant for children under 2 years of age. If a child is rewarded with a strong body, then it can be treated with such agents from 2 years of age, but the course of treatment cannot be too long, and the dosages of the drugs should be minimal.
- Pregnant women should also refrain from using such products. Creeping wheat is often contaminated with a poisonous fungus that is saturated with ergot. A plant with black bloom needs to be thrown away immediately!
Traditional medicine does not always help to cope with illnesses, so before starting a course of such treatment it is better to consult a doctor, because every human body is unique and what suits one can harm another!